Heffner Tune + 2.7 + GT Guys = fast

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Yeah, that about sums it up.

The car immediately felt fast today anyways because the temps dropped about 10 degrees (man does heat adversely affect these things!), but it was a whole different beast about 3 hours after I took it down. Had my oil changed (1100 miles), added the 2.7 Pulley and Tune from Heffner. GT Guys did the install very quickly and completely in the way you'd expect from people who can put these things back together with their eyes closed. I even saw Bony's stuff hanging out in the garage waiting for his car (even though he bought the same mods, I think my tune specifically said "For DBK, tuned to be faster than Bony". :wink

No dyno numbers yet but damn does it move now. Nothing too wild, but the car absolutely pulls solidly up to, er, really high speeds. If you want to easily crack 200, these two things will make it happen fast. The car feels exactly like it did when stock until you put your foot in it. I'm sure it's the Heffner tune, but the power delivery is so smooth you'd never know it was modded. I figured it'd have that kind of instant-on feel a higher boost KB Cobra has, but it's still got that linear rush the stock GT has.

Tremendous bang for the buck.

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
DBK said:

The car immediately felt fast today anyways because the temps dropped about 10 degrees (man does heat adversely affect these things!), but it was a whole different beast about 3 hours after I took it down. Had my oil changed (1100 miles), added the 2.7 Pulley and Tune from Heffner. GT Guys did the install very quickly and completely in the way you'd expect from people who can put these things back together with their eyes closed. I even saw Bony's stuff hanging out in the garage waiting for his car (even though he bought the same mods, I think my tune specifically said "For DBK, tuned to be faster than Bony". :wink

No dyno numbers yet but damn does it move now. Nothing too wild, but the car absolutely pulls solidly up to, er, really high speeds. If you want to easily crack 200, these two things will make it happen fast. The car feels exactly like it did when stock until you put your foot in it. I'm sure it's the Heffner tune, but the power delivery is so smooth you'd never know it was modded. I figured it'd have that kind of instant-on feel a higher boost KB Cobra has, but it's still got that linear rush the stock GT has.

You think these guys have time to do other cars during the rally as well?

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
What day are you getting here?

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Wednesday early afternoon.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
DBK said:

DBK & AWSUM
You gents are PITA always saying your car is faster. I understand that you regret it that you paid good money for those heavy racing stripes. Take the darn thing off and join the fast GT crowd :biggrin

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I'd just like to point out you actually have to pay attention when driving with these two simple mods. The car was pretty fool proof before, but it will get sideways on the throttle through first now. Still hooks very good, but throttle induced oversteer is easy now, and that can be deadly if you aren't prepared.

I just can't get over how little it took to make such a big difference. It's crazy how smooth the car pulls well into triple digits now. Definitely worth it. Definitely.

SuperB

Board of Directors/Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 8, 2006
South Florida
I'd love to make my GT faster, but I don't trust myself with it. :frown

FordGTGuy

Aug 1, 2005
Norfolk, VA
you called a GT Guy? :( I wish I had a GT.