Heffner TT R8 install at Miller Motorsports Park.

Heffner Performance

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Feb 22, 2006
We got a bit of a late start today due to a delayed flight but thankfully Roger Miller and Scott from TDC Motorsports were able to get the car on the lift and get the wheels off to save us a bit of time.

Upon arrival at MMP I have to say that I was simply amazed at the scale of this facility. There is a Kart track, a supercross track, an off road course, a road course that in it's full length is 4.5 miles long, clubhouses, garages, racing schools and tons more cool stuff that I will remember tomorrow.

IMG_0862.jpg

IMG_0863.jpg

I'll get some more of the track when we get the cars out.

First we get the rear bumper and exhaust removed.

IMG_0848.jpg

IMG_0846-1.jpg

IMG_0865.jpg

All of the turbo system parts are laid out, inventoried and inspected prior to installation.

IMG_0847-1.jpg

There are a few odds and ends to do prior to installation of the turbos, mid pipes and down pipes. Even with a late start we were able to get the turbos hung.

IMG_0880.jpg

Tomorrow Dave from PPI should be here to get going on the suspension, brakes and body kit. I will be sure to get some good pictures. Thanks for reading.

Aug 25, 2006
Looking good

Shadowman

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Subscribed! :)

Heffner Performance

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Feb 22, 2006
We got a lot done yesterday. We installed the heat exchanger for the intercooler system.
IMG_0970.jpg

The water pump and reservoir for the intercooler system were installed as well as the larger MAF housings and air inlet plumbing.
IMG_0968.jpg

We also got the intercooler, air discharge piping and diverter valves installed.
IMG_0967.jpg

IMG_0966.jpg

As you can see, this build is shaping up nicely. We got the car running and warmed up before we left last night. Everything sounds good and we should have the car ready for a suspension alignment this afternoon.

Heffner Performance

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Feb 22, 2006
We removed the shocks from the car and removed the factory springs and spring perches.

IMG_0887.jpg

These parts were replaced with KW coil springs, KW adjustable spring perches and also their lift system which will allow Roger to raise the ride height of the car at the touch of a button to avoid scraping up his new carbon fiber splitter.

IMG_0889.jpg

Mitch, Ben and Dave of PPI North America worked on getting the bumper openings modified to accept the larger air inlet and discharge bezels.

IMG_0908.jpg

These PPI Carbon parts are certainly some of the finest aftermarket carbon parts that I have ever seen.

IMG_0896.jpg

IMG_0895.jpg

JCSB

Ex GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Wow, I might need to contact you about my R8.

John

Heffner Performance

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Feb 22, 2006
Sorry to have not posted opdates for a few days. We got the car completed by Thursday morning and spent most of Tursday and Friday on the track with Roger's car as well as mine. Needless to say, once we hit the track it was hard to pull ourselves away. The R8 is one of the most capable street cars that I have ever driven on a road course and Miller Motorsports Park is hands down the nicest course that we have access to in the U.S. The pavement is as smooth as glass, there are elevation changes, off camber turns and a banked entry to the front straight. I will get working on editing video and get some other pictures up shortly.

I would like to extend a heartfelt thanks to Roger Miller for providing us with this opportunity as well as Scott from TDC Motorsports who worked right along side us during the entire installation. I would also like to thank Mitch, Ben and Dave of PPI North America for coming out and getting the body parts installed. Last but certainly not least thanks to my technician Zach Caruso for getting the turbo system installed in world record time.

I have decided to leave my R8 out at MMP for a bit. Airfare is reasonable enough and I feel that I must get back out there soon. Primarily because at the time I left there was still rubber left on my tires and another day's worth of lapping left on my brake pads.

Heffner Performance

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Feb 22, 2006
Here are the last few pictures of the car as it was coming together:

The complete turbo system had been installed and the car has been warmed up by this point.
IMG_0966.jpg

IMG_0967.jpg

Now, as much as I hate to do it and cover up the turbo system, we re install the factory heat shield to protect surrounding components from potential heat damage.

IMG_0971.jpg

Now the bumper support is installed and the rear bumper is ready to be put back in place.

IMG_0987.jpg

Our technician Zach (left) and Scott from TDC Motorsports (right) carefully install the rear bumper with the PPI carbon fiber rear diffuser.

IMG_0988.jpg

Heffner Performance

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Feb 22, 2006
The bumper, wheel liners, PPI carbon fiber rocker panels and a new set of OZ three piece wheels have been installed and the car is removed from the lift. Fluids are checked, topped off and the car is ready to hit the track!

IMG_0996.jpg

The completed package came together very nicely. The KW suspension provided by PPI will raise all four corners of the car by two inches at the touch of a button to avoid scraping the new splitter.

IMG_1042.jpg

The car is now pulled onto the West Course and Roger straps on his helmet.

IMG_1032.jpg

It is truly unbelievable how comfortable the R8 is on a race track. The suspension stays level and the car powers from turn to turn in the blink of an eye with the added power.

IMG_1008.jpg

Heffner Performance

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Feb 22, 2006
Although it was a day late, my car finally arrived and I was anxious to get it on the track. Roger and I spent as much time as they would allow us on the track on Friday which ended up being about three hours off and on.

Roger and I about to tear up the track (Roger about to give me a driving lesson).

IMG_1062.jpg

Both cars going around the West Course.

IMG_1082.jpg

This was the trip of a lifetime. In my 33 years of life I have never seen such a facility and this week will never be forgotten. I will be heading back out in a few weeks to attempt to tackle the full course. I have tons of video footage that I've been sifting through and will get some posted shortly.

I hope you've all enjoyed the thread. Hopefully we'll be able to get out on the track together one day.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
The craftsmanship exemplified by that turbo system is just STELLAR. The way everything flows together is pure eye candy. 'AMAZING work of art no matter where one looks. :bow:bow:bow

You were spot on when you stated it's a shame to cover it all up (I'd call it CRIMINAL). :willy:willy:willy