Heffner Exhaust System (NEED HELP AND ADVICE!)

dougnshari

GT Owner
Dec 6, 2006
Derby, KS
My new Heffner exhaust should be arriving at my door step anyday now. Can someone provide me step by step detailed instructions on how to remove stock muffler and put in new Heffner exhaust. I am very ANAL, and I want to do the work myself. Please email me at dougsharikennedy@yahoo.com or give me a call at 316-788-5967 or fax Shari at work at 316-977-2812. I do not have pc at home, but will have my wife check emails each day at her work place. Thanks for the help in this matter. Doug and Shari Kennedy, Derby, KS. 67037.

Last edited:

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I believe Shadowman did a write up for another system that will work. Shouldn't matter who made the exhaust...let me dig around for it for a second...

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
It's not that bad. The only change with the Heffner is to remove the rear bumper due to the tips being larger than stock. 8 Ten mm bolts. 3 Minutes

It took me three Saphires and Tonic to complete the upgrade:cheers

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Actually, I installed the Heffner exhaust without having to remove the bumper. It went right in as soon as I removed the black plastic surround that Shadowman described.

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Actually, I installed the Heffner exhaust without having to remove the bumper. It went right in as soon as I removed the black plastic surround that Shadowman described.

But were'nt those two screws up front/ top a pain to get back in? :ack

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
But were'nt those two screws up front/ top a pain to get back in? :ack

I put the surround back on and the screws back in after I positioned the Heffner pipe but before I bolted it to the cats . That way I let the pipe rest on the bottom of the surround which gave me the extra room for my fat fingers.

Mostly I didn't want to mess up the paint on the bumper bolts. I am such a hack with a wrench. :lol