Head and neck restraint

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 14, 2005
south FL
As I would not enjoy meeting any of Franks compadres I want to purchase a Hans or r-3 device soon. What are you guys using? Thanks in advance for your comments.

Manny

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
I have a hans pro, one nice thing to add is the 2" shoulder belts, keeps them on the hans better. You can only do this if you are using a hans ALL the time. If you ever plan on using the belts with out the hans, you have to stick with the 3". Also would suggest the sliding teather. I have not used it yet, but sure seems to solve the side view issue.

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
I use the HANS with the sliding tether. Helps alot with looking sideways when exiting the pits or in tight turns (visually tracking the apex etc.)

BJ Motor

*Supporting Vendor*
Jan 15, 2007
Manakin Sabot, Virginia
I have been using for years the Hans Device, I have switched to the R-3, comes with a pad for your seat and feels good not the same restraint from side to side. The saftey factor is there as well. Good Luck, Manny why don't you come out and play at Sebring, the information for the dates are listed on www.narraonline.com this is a new Series and you get lot's of track time and cost is $595 for the weekend.

FrankBarba

Permanent Vacation
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 16, 2005
Harrisburg, PA
bernie....nothing works on the site. if your allowed to be a member you can sign in imagine. i can not register.

BJ Motor

*Supporting Vendor*
Jan 15, 2007
Manakin Sabot, Virginia
Frank the site is not going to go live until Tuesday or Wednesday, the holidays backed everything up. I was told this on Friday. Try back and let me know.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Manny, some places sell a soft collar to go around your neck instead of the Hans device. Try upr.com. The people at Arai will install the Hans clips on your helmet, but you have to send it to PA. I'll PM the address later tonight. They also can install the visor from the open face Arai helmet. Now that the holidays are over, I'm going to have it done so if I puke, I won't aspirate.

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 14, 2005
south FL
Thanks guys. Bernie, if my schedule permits I may just take you up on it. I love turn 17:ack

JimF

GT Owner
Dec 19, 2006
Palm Springs, Lake Tahoe
Head and neck

The R 3 uses a pad on the seat to leave a spece for the brace that runs down the back. It requires fitting the pad on the seat and positioning the seat to account for it. It also makes it harder to switch back and forth between street and track use. I don't find it very comfortable.

I much prefer the Hans device. I use a Team Tech harness with 3 ince shoulder straps. It has an additional strap on the harness that keeps the two shoulder straps together so they can not come of the Hans even in a side impact. It also has both a groin and sternum pad to help dissapate any forces for less bruising. These guys make the best harness I have ever seen or used. It can also be uses as a six point with no sub straps to have to deal with. the anti-sub restraint comes from two leg straps that go around the legs like a climbing harness. They attach to the lap belts so no tie down needed in the bottom of the car or any holes needed in the seat.

The combonation of Hans and Team Tech really work well.

Big Dog

Last edited:

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Manny, sent you a PM with the info. Don't make me send you a BM with all the poop.