Has anyone received or seen a GT350 on a dealers lot?

RickH

GT Owner
Mar 5, 2015
Florida
Rick, I spoke to my dealer yesterday. They have one ordered and suggested that they probably wouldn't let it go for less than $40K over. They might be able to get a second allocation, and I'm hoping that if they do I can negotiate much less ADM.

They wanted $25K over MSRP and said it was non-negotiable and could be ordered as I want. Every thing in life is negotiable, so I will beat on them. Will talk with them personally when I return home from Mecum.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV

Thugboat

GT Owner
Jan 20, 2009
Humble Texas
Gentlemen,
I purchased this GT350 w/ Track Package from Cary Ford in North Carolina last Friday. Looked for a few months. Flew in from Houston thru Newark Friday morning to pick it up. Left Houston 6 am. Finalized all the paperwork at 2 pm and started the drive home. My good friend, (Tony Jacobs) went with me. We headed out and immediately started wondering how far we were from the famous Tail of the Dragon. We realized it would add a couple of hours to our already 17 hour drive BUT bucket list. We made it to the start of the Dragon about 10 pm, 33 degrees and dry. HAD A BLAST. The GT350 handled it pretty well for having only 300 miles on it. We drove thru the night and arrived in Houston about 10 am Saturday morning. 20 hrs, 1300 miles and 20.9 MPG. Great car and a monster track car. MSR track day Yesterday, COTA feb. 28th for three days with MVP and Big Bend Open Road Race in April. I will be running the 140 mph avg class with a tech speed of 168. Oh did I say it will be DRIVEN and will not be a garage queen. Get one, you will not be disappointed.
Track Day at MSR was incredible. I tried to be gentle with it but this car doesn't want to do Gentle. It is FAST. I own a 2005 FR500 that Rehagen raced years ago. With my abilities, be it what ever they are, the GT350 will be faster once I put a few more sessions on it. I did let Tony take it for a session at supposedly 75% and he said the same. On street tires and it just puts the power to the ground so well. Can't wait for COTA at the end of this month. Adding roll bar and 5 point harness and other safety gear for Big Bend Open Road Race.

Thugboat

BTW- Front spoiler was installed after picture taken.

Attachments

• GT350.jpg
    GT350.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 367

junior

GT Owner
Mar 9, 2007
So Cal
Most Ford dealers are being very greedy about pricing. Too bad Ford can't control this dealer BS.

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
We just got a brand new 2016 GT350 in. Red with white stripes. Loaded up with Technology pkg, etc. $66k takes it. Only has 9 miles on the odometer. No one has test driven it or gone on an joy rides.....

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Gentlemen,
I purchased this GT350 w/ Track Package from Cary Ford in North Carolina last Friday. Looked for a few months. Flew in from Houston thru Newark Friday morning to pick it up. Left Houston 6 am. Finalized all the paperwork at 2 pm and started the drive home. My good friend, (Tony Jacobs) went with me. We headed out and immediately started wondering how far we were from the famous Tail of the Dragon. We realized it would add a couple of hours to our already 17 hour drive BUT bucket list. We made it to the start of the Dragon about 10 pm, 33 degrees and dry. HAD A BLAST. The GT350 handled it pretty well for having only 300 miles on it. We drove thru the night and arrived in Houston about 10 am Saturday morning. 20 hrs, 1300 miles and 20.9 MPG. Great car and a monster track car. MSR track day Yesterday, COTA feb. 28th for three days with MVP and Big Bend Open Road Race in April. I will be running the 140 mph avg class with a tech speed of 168. Oh did I say it will be DRIVEN and will not be a garage queen. Get one, you will not be disappointed.
Track Day at MSR was incredible. I tried to be gentle with it but this car doesn't want to do Gentle. It is FAST. I own a 2005 FR500 that Rehagen raced years ago. With my abilities, be it what ever they are, the GT350 will be faster once I put a few more sessions on it. I did let Tony take it for a session at supposedly 75% and he said the same. On street tires and it just puts the power to the ground so well. Can't wait for COTA at the end of this month. Adding roll bar and 5 point harness and other safety gear for Big Bend Open Road Race.

Thugboat

BTW- Front spoiler was installed after picture taken.

Nice Find !! :thumbsup

garagelogic

Apr 15, 2008
I'm living proof you can get a GT350R without an insane ADM. The dealer and I agreed on a price when I ordered the car last June and he honored the agreement despite the "market value" the car had when it was deliver last week.

Last edited:

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
Congratulations!! Good to know there are dealers like that out there. My local dealer offered me a regular 350 for MSRP also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

djs

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 7, 2007
That's a baaad car. Looks superb.

RickH

GT Owner
Mar 5, 2015
Florida
Very nice color combo. Congratulations.

PILOTJPW1

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Maryland
Nice looking ride right there. Your the first I have seen to find the R. Congrats.

garagelogic

Apr 15, 2008
Thanks. I can't imagine trying to find a R without a huge ADM if you had not ordered it from a dealer. Even then, I'm hearing folks who ordered the car are getting hit with an ADM if they want to take delivery. That's unfortunate and I feel blessed to have gotten this car without paying stupid tax.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
The first GT350 (non-R) arrived at the dealer last week close to me: Harrold Ford. Sold for $7500 ADM. With over 20,000 non-Rs being made I can guarantee ADM will disappear with time. I wanted the GT in '04-05 but waited till ADMs went away & bought mine in '06 for MSRP. I think I'll do the same for the GT350R.

Ed

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
So Ed, you've decided not to sell your daughter and kidney for a new GT to settle for a 350R?

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
I'm kind of thinking I would like a new GT, a GT350R & a new Raptor. But I may have to decide on one for now.

Ed

PS Yes, I may have to sell Haley to the same people I sold Heidi to! LOL

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
First GT350 sighting in the wild. Local guy got it for MSRP + $5K in Texas.

He was helped in his search by a friend affiliated with AutoNation, who scoured the national inventory. Texas dealer had two, white and black. He would not let the black one go.

Howard and I at Lakewood Ranch, FL today.

12742347_10153586033828393_4460908746260288230_n.jpg

garagelogic

Apr 15, 2008
That's what I paid for my R, $5k over. Looking around on the various forums, it seems like I got the deal of the century given the current hype around these cars and the high ADMs dealers are tacking on, and in most cases, getting!

CJ428

Farm GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 21, 2008
NJ
I just finally got the Vin & a build date of 3/21 for the 350R I ordered in June.

FENZO

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 7, 2008
Lafayette, CO
PS Yes, I may have to sell Haley to the same people I sold Heidi to! LOL

image.jpeg

Take care when in Chicago. :biggrin

djs

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 7, 2007
A while back, either on the SVT or Camaro forum, I say Dave comment about (paraphrasing) "Ford builds GT350s and sells them at premiums, and Chevy builds Z/28s and sells them at discounts." Well, for some lunchtime amusement, look at the current GT350 vs Z/28 disparity on EBay Motors:
GT350 first http://www.ebay.com/sch/Cars-Trucks-/6001/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=GT350&_vxp=mtr
Z/28 http://www.ebay.com/sch/Cars-Trucks...cat=6161&rt=nc&_mPrRngCbx=1&_udlo=50000&_udhi

Needless to say, the GT350s are well over MSRP. That doesn't mean they're transacting at those prices, but it's a strong bet they're not being sold below list! Conversely, the Chevys are well under sticker. I saw an isolated Z28 @ sticker, but the rest, even with >200 miles are mid $50s. Ouch...