Harry's Lap Timer and OBDLink MX+

GT@50

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 14, 2019
Issaquah
I can't get the OBDLink MX+ to stay connected to an 05 and 06 GT. It'll connect for a few seconds, just long enough to see live data, then it disconnects. Hit reconnect and same thing. My Snap On Solus communicates with both cars fine.
The OBDLink MX+ works fine on an 06 Ram and 02 MDX.
I can link Harry's and OBDLink together on the Ram and do video. In the lower right corner of vid it shows throttle and in hg. How do I change that data? I'd like throttle and brake.
I'm using a Droid.
Thanks,
Rob

HOOKED ON GT

GT Owner
Oct 26, 2006
Orlando & Australia
I bought the same thing as I had the track day coming up and wanted to potentially use it.
I never did as I was having issues getting my GoPro to be a pip set up in Harry Lap Timer and just lost time to play with it (and never got Harrys working well)

I remember having issues like you with holding a connection, and I think you need to disconnect your phones wifi and only have the ODB Link talk to the phones blue tooth .....I think.

Stuart

w.a.nelson

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 29, 2008
Asbury, NJ and Bourne, MA
What'd he say???

Be old, and just drive the car!

Reactions: 2112

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Buy an Aim Solo.

GT@50

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 14, 2019
Issaquah
IMG_20210522_172459486.jpg

GT@50

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 14, 2019
Issaquah
Never got OBDLink to work. I'll try turning the phone off but it did work in the other cars. Harry's seems to work fine using the phone camera for vid.IMG_20210522_173149645.jpg

GT@50

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 14, 2019
Issaquah
10815.jpeg

Reactions: 2112 and extrap

GT Owner
Aug 18, 2016
Haven’t tried Harry’s, but had the same problem with OBDLink (the MX+ companion app). No disconnects with the 3rd party app FORScan though, so it appears to be app specific. Have you actually tried Harry’s or just given up after experiencing the issue in OBDLink?

GT@50

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 14, 2019
Issaquah
Haven’t tried Harry’s, but had the same problem with OBDLink (the MX+ companion app). No disconnects with the 3rd party app FORScan though, so it appears to be app specific. Have you actually tried Harry’s or just given up after experiencing the issue in OBDLink?
Harry's is fine. I'd just like to get some vehicle data too

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Did you try another obdii bluetooth adapter? I did some basic logging with mine on another vehicle (not the gt) and it was able to keep up.

GT@50

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 14, 2019
Issaquah
Did you try another obdii bluetooth adapter? I did some basic logging with mine on another vehicle (not the gt) and it was able to keep up.
Don't have one...yet. It says the adapter comms with phone ap fine, just not staying connected to this car

GT Owner
Aug 18, 2016
It actually seems to be the OBDLink app that triggers the adapter to drop the connection to the car, as I did not have this problem when using the same MX+ adapter on this car with the FORScan app. Hence my suggestion to just try the adapter with Harry's, as it might work.

I also got the OBDLink app to work by disabling adaptive timing. Go into Settings -> Preferences -> Advanced and entering the following command under Interface Initialization: ATAT 0

Reactions: GT@50