Happy birthday texas

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Texas Independence Day

Texas Independence Day commemorates the adoption of the Texas Declaration of Independence on March 2, 1836. This event marked Texas’ independence from Mexico. Sixty delegates from all over Texas signed the declaration. Its language in many ways parallels the 1776 Declaration of Independence of the United States, which is observed on Independence Day, also known as “the fourth of July”.

The Republic of Texas was annexed to the US by joint resolution of the US Congress nine years after the Texas Declaration of Independence was signed. The US Congress then admitted Texas as a constituent state of the Union on December 29, 1845. Texas Independence Day is an official holiday in Texas. Sam Houston Day is also observed on March 2, marking the birthday of the man who led the Texans to victory over Mexican troops at the battle of San Jacinto.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Is it true that Texas can split itself into (I think, 3 or 4 more) additional states?

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Is it true that Texas can split itself into (I think, 3 or 4 more) additional states?

Texas is the only state that can legally secede from the Union being it is the only state that was its own independent county when it entered into the United States of America and chose to join the Union of its own free will.

The odds of secession are virtually zero; even if we don’t like the way things are going right now up there in D.C. we are still Americans.

As for Texas splitting into multipliable states; I don’t think so, us Texans tend to stick together.

God Bless Texas

JWZ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 17, 2013
Texas
Good morning, Spirit! Thanks for the Post! Remember the Alamo!!

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Both Texas & California were independent republics prior to becoming states. The lone star on the California state flag represents this.

Ed

PS Happy Birthday Texas!

shesgotlegs

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 20, 2006
Hey Spirit, hope you come to rally 9 :thumbsup love to celebrate with you :cheers:cheers:party:party

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Happy Birthday Texas. Yes, we are very Happy and Proud to be Texans. God Bless Texas.

Last edited:

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Texas is the only state that can legally secede from the Union being it is the only state that was its own independent county when it entered into the United States of America and chose to join the Union of its own free will.

The odds of secession are virtually zero; even if we don’t like the way things are going right now up there in D.C. we are still Americans.

As for Texas splitting into multipliable states; I don’t think so, us Texans tend to stick together.

God Bless Texas

Both Texas & California were independent republics prior to becoming states. The lone star on the California state flag represents this.

Ed

PS Happy Birthday Texas!

Well, if Texas can leave if they want, and CA was also admitted under the same circumstances then CA could also leave.

Does it work both ways? Does that mean we could kick CA out? Think of the possibilities.

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
...Does that mean we could kick CA out? Think of the possibilities.

Might be good for California - after all, it's the 8th largest economy in the world! It tends to subsidize the rest of the states.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Might be good for California - after all, it's the 8th largest economy in the world! It tends to subsidize the rest of the states.

If it weren't for family & weather I'd move to Texas!

Ed

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
If it weren't for family & weather I'd move to Texas!

Ed
I left California in 1978 and never looked back, best move I ever made.

KennethClay

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 15, 2012
New York
Well, if Texas can leave if they want, and CA was also admitted under the same circumstances then CA could also leave.

Does it work both ways? Does that mean we could kick CA out? Think of the possibilities.

I think you're on to something!

Thanks for the post/thread. As a displaced Texan living in NY now, it's nice to celebrate Texas Independence Day with my friends!

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
:usa God Bless Texas!!!