Half way home...

mardyn

GT Owner
Dec 20, 2005
Beautiful East Texas
Been working most of the afternoon on my car. Just had to post up a pic of my progress.:biggrin

gtexhaustinstall009uo7.jpg

Headed to the river tomorrow for a shindig one of my buddies is hosting, so this job will have to wait 'til Monday to be finished up. :thumbsup

I'm anxious to see how it sounds... I'm hoping it's not too loud.:ack i guess we'll see soon enough.

Everyone have a great weekend!

mardyn

jdoc7

GT Owner #1872
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 7, 2007
Central, Illinois
Looks great! Hope you get the sound you're looking for. I will be doing the same with an IDA very soon.

sharp33

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 19, 2006
Rochester, NY
Did you remove the rear clamshell to remove the OEM exhaust?

Aug 25, 2006
She is looking very nice

Shadowman

427Aggie

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 18, 2005
Frisco, Tx
Nice Mardyn....you'll be very happy with it and believe me it gets rid of ALOT of heat.

Sharp you do not have to remove the clamshell to get the exhaust out.

Remove Air CLeaner, put jack under transmission...remove tranny bolt, lower tranny max distance, remove both rear covers around the exhaust (the black plates with all the holes, and just very very very carefully turn and remove the exhaust straight up...its very helpful to have a friend or 2 when you do this as that buggers heavy.

matt

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Remove Air CLeaner, put jack under transmission...remove tranny bolt, lower tranny max distance, remove both rear covers around the exhaust (the black plates with all the holes, and just very very very carefully turn and remove the exhaust straight up...its very helpful to have a friend or 2 when you do this as that buggers heavy.

matt

At that point of the installation I was so happy that i had a Gin and Tonic......:cheers

Looks good Mardyn - Is the exhaust "Beach's"

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Who's exhaust is that ??

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Who's exhaust is that ??

I was just going to post the same question! It's not Beach's (if I remember his correctly). I'm wondering if it's MMP?:shrug I've never seen their's that I recall.

jdoc7

GT Owner #1872
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 7, 2007
Central, Illinois
Who's exhaust is that ??

It's a Kinetics...excellent quality, great welds!

mardyn

GT Owner
Dec 20, 2005
Beautiful East Texas
Thanks for all the nice replies... no, I didn't remove the rear cowling, and yea, it is tight getting the original muffler outta' there, but the trick is to remove the upper vent panel to gain the needed clearance.

This system was designed and fabricated by Chad over at Kinetic Speed in Atlanta. He has since (several months ago) left Kinetic and opened his own facility. Nice guy, excellent fabricator, and very good references.

More of my thoughts and comments later as I get the project finished up.

mardyn

everetto

GT Owner
Sep 4, 2006
Desert Southwest
This system was designed and fabricated by Chad over at Kinetic Speed in Atlanta. He has since (several months ago) left Kinetic and opened his own facility. Nice guy, excellent fabricator, and very good references.
mardyn
Same system I have - you will love it. Did you get the baffling? I did, and the sound is great - not too loud, but definitely an improvement over stock. Enjoy! :cheers

mardyn

GT Owner
Dec 20, 2005
Beautiful East Texas
Yep, same one... in fact, when you posted up the pics of yours initially in the "My Exhasut Saga" thread several months back, I thought to myself... that's one cool looking set of pipes.:thumbsup

Started checking 'em out for myself and ordered up a set for my own. Turns out one of my good friend's daughter works over there at Kinetic (small world) and knew Chad too. Kinda' gave me a little inside info on Kinetic and Chad, which was all good to know going in to this deal.

Yes, these have the baffled inserts. I'm very happy with the quality, Chad did a helluva' job for me.

Can't wait to get her finished up and back on the road.:banana

mardyn

getbit

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 15, 2006
Austin, Texas
Disappointed...

Looks great and I'm sure sounds even better...I just thought this was about the Comedy Central show...:lol

Last edited: