Hagerty has jumped the shark.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
EP, Sounds like policy is made for ya... since ya don't drive

I knew one of the "usual suspects" would just hafta make that comment!

'Best to ya anyway, Mike... ;-)

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
I knew that couldn't be correct.
Glad that is clear now!

planmgb

GT Owner
Jun 21, 2011
Dallas, TX
When I use it, I commute to work!

Joe
My name is Markus I have had my 2005 Ford GT since 2009 it has 6000 miles I bought it with 3100 miles. I just bought a 720S.
Who do you use for insurance?

FBA

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2010
31.022340° N / 44.846191° W
Ontario policies are rough. I am with a major insurer who expressly forbid me to add a blower / TT to my Lambo...and I got a letter from them saying so. I would be denied ANY type of coverage should I add any type of major power enhancements to the car...and am also forbidden to put the car on a track...which would as well result in same coverage issues...

I was pissed at the broker for even asking - which resulted in that letter being sent. I subsequently fired the broker...

In Ontario, policy pricing is actually set by the Gov't, and there is no negotiation with the insurer on price as a result.

JOEA2

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 16, 2007
STATEN ISLAND,NY/SEA GIRT,NJ
I have AIG.

Joe

HNS

GT Owner
Mar 11, 2020
East Coast
State Farm is getting into the hi end car market. Very satisfied with my quote and coverage. They also cover my other vehicles as well. Umbrella....

Reactions: 93extxdps

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
I have found Hagerty to be the best for coverage, smallest deductible and best pricing

Reactions: analogdesigner

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
I use State Farm for all my cars, my home, umbrella etc. They have been excellent..
....And I have had some "major" mishaps on both Ford GT'S (deer hitchhikers etc)
Andy (ajb)

Reactions: 93extxdps and JWZ

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Obviously there is several really good insurance companies out there.
Do your own comparisons and decide which best suits you

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005
way upstate NY
I have State Farm on my 2005 GT and have an agreed value contract in case of it being totaled etc. they would not offer me an agreed value on my 2019 GT because they said only after 2 years , when other 2019s have been sold and can research the sales prices. Maybe they have changed their policy since I last looked or 2017-18 models have begun to have policies written.

Reactions: 93extxdps

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
Same issue as Gene with State Farm in 2019.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
A good Hagerty story here.I had my 2019 GT insured for 750.with a 10 % deductible. I met the Hagerty national rep at a race and asked if he could just look over my policy.I wanted to make sure I had the correct coverage on my cars. He got back to me a week later,He said that I should up my coverage to 1m on the 2019 CS and up my coverage on my 2006 to 275. He also stated I could go down to a 1% deductible! Of course I'm thinking ,ok how much more is this going to cost? well he was able to charge me 800 a year less! I was gob smacked!
How many times in life to you get more for less?
I just insured my focus RS for 225.00 dollars a year!
Yes I'm a fan of Hagerty!