Gun Newbie

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
Ammo!!!

One of the forum members just dropped me a note to tell me of his recent purchase (Congrats again on the 870!)

I quickly tossed out an email regarding ammo that I use for the weapon. But then I remembered a webpage I read a few months back about shotgun ammo and home defense/LE work.

Here it is for your review: http://www.firearmstactical.com/briefs10.htm

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
"For personal defense and law enforcement applications, the International Wound Ballistics Association advocates number 1 buckshot as being superior to all other buckshot sizes."

Hmmmmmmmmmmm...who'da thunk it? 'Goes against what everybody I've ever talked to has recommended. :willy

"One of the forum members just dropped me a note to tell me of his recent purchase (Congrats again on the 870!"

If that has an 18" barrel - WHERE'D HE GIDDIT!!!

Last edited:

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
"For personal defense and law enforcement applications, the International Wound Ballistics Association advocates number 1 buckshot as being superior to all other buckshot sizes."

Hmmmmmmmmmmm...who'da thunk it? 'Goes against what everybody I've ever talked to has recommended. :willy

"One of the forum members just dropped me a note to tell me of his recent purchase (Congrats again on the 870!"

If that has an 18" barrel - WHERE'D HE GIDDIT!!!

just sent you 2 emails.

ItsOnlyMoney

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 18, 2006
Celina, Tx
Larry,

Is this short enough :banana

Attachments

• serbusupershorty.jpg
    serbusupershorty.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 86

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Larry,

Is this short enough :banana

:eek HOLY SUFFERIN'......!!!!!!!:eek

Ya, but it only holds, what, 2 and a half rounds? :rofl

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
just sent you 2 emails.

An' I just replied! :lol

Gulf GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 9, 2006
California
One of the forum members just dropped me a note to tell me of his recent purchase (Congrats again on the 870!)

I quickly tossed out an email regarding ammo that I use for the weapon. But then I remembered a webpage I read a few months back about shotgun ammo and home defense/LE work.

Here it is for your review: http://www.firearmstactical.com/briefs10.htm

Wow, thank you. that was great info. Going to #1 shot makes perfect sense over "00" when you consider all the facts.

todd

GT Owner
Feb 3, 2006
so. ca.
Well I thought I would chime in here. I won't discuss the choice of firearms because it's pretty much all said. With one exception I was told the most reconised sound in the world is the racking of 12 ga.
Nobody hs brought up Ca law to you about guns are required to be locked at all times. There are several options for quick access. This is what I have next to my bed it takes 3 digits to open very fast. And I also keep body armor close at hand very easy to slip on. As a lot of guys here know I make my living in the safe & vault industry. So I feel more than qualified to answer any questions you have regarding fast access to you weapons. Just PM me.
todd

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    64.7 KB · Views: 68
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    78.9 KB · Views: 67
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    65.6 KB · Views: 64

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Bond, James Bond, huh Todd?

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
If you lose control of your gun, the almost any armour will stop a .380.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Hey Todd, is that a Zippo impression in the foam? Needed for fuses?

todd

GT Owner
Feb 3, 2006
so. ca.
Bond, James Bond, huh Todd?

Good eye Frank:thumbsup I like the safety features on it. Like knowing if on is in the chamber by looking at it. And the fact it is double action so i dont use the safety.

todd

GT Owner
Feb 3, 2006
so. ca.
If you lose control of your gun, the almost any armour will stop a .380.
That vest will stop a .357 but you are right make sure your vest covers the cal. that you carry....

todd

GT Owner
Feb 3, 2006
so. ca.
Hey Todd, is that a Zippo impression in the foam? Needed for fuses?

Another Good one Frank your on a roll...:lol But that is my ear plug case. always wear one ear plug,because after discharging your weapon you can't hear. Then remove it and you have the advantage.

P.S. 1000 posts yee ha.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
That vest will stop a .357 but you are right make sure your vest covers the cal. that you carry....

I just retired my Level II-A, and upgraded to a new Level II.

I assume you are wearing Level II?

I believe both are rated to stop .357 JSP, but the fps ratings capability differ, with the Level II rated for the higher velocity.

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
Hey Todd pm me I need a recommendation on a safe!

On Body Armor ....

Here's a couple of links from where I obtain body armor either for my self or PD new hires. The first is the concealable armor that I would recommend (I also wear it)

http://www.bulletproofme.com/ProMAX_Vests.shtml

and the second is a bit of information that you might find useful.

http://www.bulletproofme.com/Ballistic_Protection_Levels.shtml

As for "standby" armor to be used in quick don (ie someone be in the house and we are ready to rock and roll) I have a IIIa vest with front AND back plates good for AP ammo. As you will read its not penetration that you worry about its blunt trauma injury and truly the few extra pounds when you adrenaline is pumping (for me atleast) is nothing.

Great thread .... Its way past the time that BONY would be rolling us. I would have expected the normal short ...."yeah gun nut go to the gun forums for this stuff" email. :lol

todd

GT Owner
Feb 3, 2006
so. ca.
I think I found the answer

this will stop them:lol:lol:lol

Attachments

• 654.jpg
    654.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 76

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
what do you use for bait?

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
$100 bill.

This is a bad idea. The local DA may say it is a booby trap, illegal!

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
The local DA may say it is a booby trap, illegal!

I share the belief that most boobies should be set free! :banana