Gulf Heritage scheme livery.... that aren't factory 2019's

HOOKED ON GT

GT Owner
Oct 26, 2006
Orlando & Australia
I see the odd non factory 2019 Gulf Heritage cars on the web, and wonder if they've selected one of the Gulf blues from the factory when their order was made (either 05-06 or 19-20) and either wrapped or had a shop paint the orange at a later date?

Its hard to tell if the shades of blues are 05-06 or the 19-20 on web pics.

Stuart A

68Rcodeman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 5, 2008
Spring Hill, FL.
I see the odd non factory 2019 Gulf Heritage cars on the web, and wonder if they've selected one of the Gulf blues from the factory when their order was made (either 05-06 or 19-20) and either wrapped or had a shop paint the orange at a later date?

Its hard to tell if the shades of blues are 05-06 or the 19-20 on web pics.

Stuart A
Stuart, The 2006 Heritage color is a slight bit darker and was not the original Gulf fuel color. For the 2019 and 2010 Gulf Heritage cars the color is lighter and is the original color used in the 60's. Ford went out to secure the original color for the new Ford GT. Hope this helps. It is the only two tone color package offered and is painted at the factory.

Thank you, David

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Look here

#3 for a pic with both colors.

HOOKED ON GT

GT Owner
Oct 26, 2006
Orlando & Australia
Just wondering if customers with regular GT's that like the idea of a "Gulf Heritage".....but didn't get selected, and like the look that's similar to the previous version 05-06 car have either ordered their car as either the original 60's blue (current color) or a direct copy the 05-06 blue and from there created their own orange "Heritage" scheme via another paint shop or wrap at a later date..

SA

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Just wondering if customers with regular GT's that like the idea of a "Gulf Heritage".....but didn't get selected, and like the look that's similar to the previous version 05-06 car have either ordered their car as either the original 60's blue (current color) or a direct copy the 05-06 blue and from there created their own orange "Heritage" scheme via another paint shop or wrap at a later date..
SA

Yes, there have been cars delivered in various shades of Gulf blue. I don’t know if this is still permitted now that there’s a factory Heritage.

07XL0027

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 20, 2012
Austin TX

SA
A few have ordered the new GT in 06 Heritage blue and done a wrap afterwards. I’m not sure if anyone has done 2019-2020 blue and wrapped it but I would suppose someone will do it, if not already.

HOOKED ON GT

GT Owner
Oct 26, 2006
Orlando & Australia
I'd say the 0506 blue/orange and similar white roundel on the new machine would give it a little more retro/race look then the 19-20 factory release.

Wonder if you could do a base color and do a "Heritage" wrap.......but I hear you don't get 10+ years out of a wrap before it needs changing?

Not sure you'd consider a wrap as some sort of paint protection..?

SA

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Some clown in Michigan painted his car gulf Orange and then locked the color.

Reactions: BAT

HOOKED ON GT

GT Owner
Oct 26, 2006
Orlando & Australia
I guess Ford would let you lock out the orange....... No way they would let the Heritage two blues get the shut down form a customer.

Stuart

HOOKED ON GT

GT Owner
Oct 26, 2006
Orlando & Australia
Maybe get a base color like what....wrap her in PPF then add a Gulf wrap livery over top and you get the look your after and mega protection.....hmm

Stuart

canibl

GT Owner
Nov 22, 2005
Sacramento, Cali
here's a video you might find interesting...

HOOKED ON GT

GT Owner
Oct 26, 2006
Orlando & Australia
Good find.......

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Ahhhh they allowed Midnight Blue the 05-06 color get locked....

I guess Ford would let you lock out the orange....... No way they would let the Heritage two blues get the shut down form a customer

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
I wonder how strict they are with the “color lock” thing. Say you wanted a color that had been “locked”; couldn’t you just “tweak” the color slightly? Then you are still getting a color that you are happy with, and the person who color-locked his/her color can still say theirs is still the only one, yada yada...

HOOKED ON GT

GT Owner
Oct 26, 2006
Orlando & Australia
Good point on a tone change to get something close that you like.
Maybe Ford should have kept the previous GTs colors as "unlockable" just to keep things safe

SA

Jason Watt

Had both, sold both
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Copenhagen, Denmark
My Car is Le Mans Blue which is from the extended palette.
It’s pretty much identical to the 06 Heritage color.

Ford wouldn’t/couldn’t do the Orange Gulf stripe, so I had that made in vinyl as soon as I took delivery of my car.

1A596D4D-74B1-4931-AED4-99D60A4EA9C1.png

HOOKED ON GT

GT Owner
Oct 26, 2006
Orlando & Australia
I'm in love...... well done.... stunning

HOOKED ON GT

GT Owner
Oct 26, 2006
Orlando & Australia
more pics please.....

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Jason’s car is very nice. I love the white roundels.