GTX1 Arrived

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
Thanks for the comments. People who see it up close are amazed at the quality of the work, and those who ride in it comment about how smooth and tight it is. It's really an incredible car, and what you would expect from a collaboration between Kip Ewing and Mark Gerisch - 2 of the best in the car business.

fjpikul. The calipers are "all" red and inscribed "GTX1"

TEXAS GT. Those of us who decided early to have the conversion had a long wait, but I believe it's now a pretty quick turnaround. Check with Mark at 920.242.4563. The original plan was a stowable hardtop...a great idea which would not translate to reality, so Mark created a new stowable soft top. There is a hardtop, but it's not stowable in the car.

This GTX1 will be at the Rally.

Piana

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Northern California
It's great to see a Blue/White completed. Mine should be completed in a couple of weeks. Just in time for the summer. Hope you can make it to Newport Beach. How is it at 100+ with no top? I'm doing the bumper delete ane performance package. The sound should be KILLER!

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
Piana. You'll be amazed how little wind turbulence there is at speed, which on the interstates in Georgia is 70 mph :banana :willy :banana

Mr. Genaddi

Permanent Vacation
May 9, 2007
Texas GT The turn around for a basic upgrade is 6 weeks now and if you are going with a custom color it will add 4 more weeks.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
beaut-ti-ful, and congrats again.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Sorry Kirby. At first glance the rear calipers looked gray to me. Any changes inside?

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
I had the basic upgrade. There are no inside changes, but I'll probably add Kip Ewing's CF interior pieces to complement all the CF touches added by Genaddi.

Piana

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Northern California
What are Kip Ewings CF interior pieces?

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
I believe this is Kip's CF thread: It's in the Ford GT Tech Section

http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6123

Piana

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Northern California
Thank you.

Shelby#18

GTX1 Owner/Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 15, 2006
Nev./So. Cal./Minn.
Kirby, I just can't get over how great your car looks. I have friends and neighbors looking at the pictures you posted.
Earlier you mentioned that you were proceeding with the Whipple. Have the clearance issues been resolved yet, or are you just waiting to see how it fits when the GT guys get there?
I think that it might interest other X1 owners if it fits.

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
Rick, Thank you. The GT Guys will install the Whipple, and if there is not sufficient clearance (which I expect to be the case), we'll remove the glass and run it with the SC exposed until I get a raised glass panel fabricated by Genaddi or one of the talented guys or sponsors on the forum who are so good at finding creative solutions for people like me who have an issue that needs a fix.

MK2_GT

GTX1 Owner
Mar 25, 2006
Kirby I am really happy for you and now you know how some of us felt when we got our cars.

The GTX1 is like a dream. I do not think I have ever loved a material thing as much as I love my GTX1.

The blue car looks amazing!!!!

Last edited:

Piccola

GT aficionado
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 17, 2006
Grand Junction, CO
Looks great Kirby!!! :thumbsup Glad to hear it's back in Atlanta & that you'll be driving it a bit! They did a BEAUTIFUL job! :cheers

06gt1858

GT Owner
Jan 29, 2007
Lodi Ca.
Thats one fine ride!!! Where are the hard tops for the car, I thought it came with hard tops like in their website advertisement, that are supossed to be storable in the car ?
Just wondering?????????????

Genaddi

Permanent Vacation
Jul 14, 2006
Green Bay, WI
Hardtop on Display

The # 001 SEMA Edition GTX1 will be on display at Indy starting today. This vehicle has a finished hard top. So if you have a chance please stop by and check it out and speak with Mark about it. We will be posting pictures very soon. Thanks.

Shelby#18

GTX1 Owner/Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 15, 2006
Nev./So. Cal./Minn.
Can't wait to see those pictures!