GTs At Sarasota Cafe Racers Lunch

MartynL

GT Owner
Feb 19, 2012
Sarasota, FL
We had a great turnout today at our Sarasota Cafe Racers lunch, around 55 people and some great cars. This year is the 50th anniversary of Ford's GT/GT40 program and four of us brought our GTs to celebrate: Andy Marlowe's White, my Tungsten, Ottocar Jacob's Heffner-modified Red and the rare black 2004 Confirmation Prototype 4 (vin#007) used for steering, handling and ride development, owned by Martin Godbey. http://www.sarasotacaferacers.com/
Four GTs @ Lunch copy.jpg
Marty

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Sweet! Looking forward to joining you all in...let's see...just seven weeks !

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Question, is CP-4 owned by Martin as you mention a private party, or is he the dealer that bought it at the auburn auction last summer?

MartynL

GT Owner
Feb 19, 2012
Sarasota, FL
Martin owns Vintage Motors in Sarasota and the car museum. I know the car came from a museum. He bought it for his dealership and I believe it's for sale. It has around 18,000 miles on and it does have a current Florida registration and plate.

MartynL

GT Owner
Feb 19, 2012
Sarasota, FL
We need more GTs, so get here quick! We actually have six, but two were not available for lunch today.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
^^^ I can't add to diversity. It will be another red/white stripe. :)

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Cool thank you, the Auburn museum in indiana auctioned it last fall to raise funds for a building project. This was a very significant car that mark basically lived in during development. Interesting that it is registered.

Martin owns Vintage Motors in Sarasota and the car museum. I know the car came from a museum. He bought it for his dealership and I believe it's for sale. It has around 18,000 miles on and it does have a current Florida registration and plate.

MartynL

GT Owner
Feb 19, 2012
Sarasota, FL
I did not think it was sold with a title, but saw it yesterday with registration and plate and application for a custom plate.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Marty,

Do you have any get togethers on the weekends?

Paul

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Double post. Sorry.

MartynL

GT Owner
Feb 19, 2012
Sarasota, FL
Paul:
Not really. We occasionally show our cars at local shows. Because we have guys who race, show, etc, weekends are very hard to organize, eat into family time. Besides there are lots of single-marque and clubs catering to cars from UK, Italy, Corvette clubs, etc and most of them allow or encourage family participation. We do not. We do have guys in Tampa, St. Pete, Anna Marie Island, Palmetto, Bradenton, etc areas as well as Sarasota County.
Marty