GTD National Rally #1

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Great to meet you and Hayes at the event. He has an impressive knowledge of JDM cars, and an enthusiam to match! My son also enjoyed the brief conversation.

My friend that I mentioned with the '85 RX-7 is currently less than enthused today with the CA smog program!

Here we are driving our 80's cars, I restored the '84 SL and was daily driving it for half a year recently.

IMG_0685 2.jpg

Reactions: Johntpr

Stef

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 5, 2009
Southern California
More photos from the top notch event! Didn't make it out to Monterey Car Week this year (showed #98 2021 Ken Miles Heritage M007 at the Quail last year), but my son and I had a wonderful one night in LV, at "Las Vegas Car Night," thanks to the Ford GT Forum family.

And Steve is welcome to drop by our garage, anytime he wants to make it feel like Christmas Day!

View attachment 68497View attachment 68498View attachment 68499View attachment 68504View attachment 68505

Awesome pictures

Reactions: SYCO GT

Waldo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 7, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Thanks for sharing, Chip. It looks awesome!

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
In the military and law enforcement communities, as some of you likely know, there exists a tradition of challenge coins. The history goes way back and there are several quite interesting legends of how it began, should you care to google or otherwise inquire.

Basically, a challenge coin is a small coin or medallion, bearing an organization's insignia or emblem and carried by the organization's members. Traditionally, they might be given to prove membership when asked and to enhance morale.

And the best coins are the ones that are either earned or gifted or bestowed for your membership and achievements with or for such an organization. You might receive one as a special thank you, or trade your coin with another member of another organization.

So, the titanium "poker" chip from the GTD event, I picked a place of honor for it.

Thank you to our Forum Family for all the shared memories and fond experiences, in the past, in the present, and as we look to the future.

GTDPokerChip.jpg

partssmann

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 1, 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona
Congrats to all the pre-selected new GTD owners. Looks like a good time was had by all. That is definitely a mustang on steroids.

Gary

GT Owner
May 11, 2006
Festus, Missouri
OMG, lightning strikes again. Jealous, of course. Throwing my hat in the ring.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Glad for you guys!
Looks awesome!

Last edited:

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Gentlemen,

DBK strikes again with another insanely cool event. It’s always great to get together with long-term Forum members but this Rally was different because nobody knew who was going, what was going to happen, or what we would see & hear. Here's an invite...zero information....trust us....show up and shut up. A complete blackout involving this was required. Nothing on the Forum or anywhere else. Ford Motor Company has been working on this project for years in complete secrecy. That Ford was building a Mustang capable of winning at Le Mans was known. That Ford decided to build a limited run of these surprisingly exotic, hand built, carbon fiber Mustangs and sell them to the public was not.

Like the GT, Bill Ford gave Jim Farley the thumbs up to produce something outrageous and give genuine enthusiasts the first opportunities to acquire one. So Jim decided to hold an exclusive party in Las Vegas for the 150 people pre-selected to receive an allocation and show them the new Mustang GTD with an up close look at the components that go into it. Larry Holt did a technical video presentation and Farley gave us a lot of background information. Both before and during the event we were told not to share anything with anybody until late Thursday and everybody abided by that. I ran into fellow Scottsdale resident Craig Jackson and while I was talking to him Steve Davis walked up and they were surprised to see each other. Neither one knew that the other was going to be there!

Every invitee received a personal invitation from Jim Farley and the titanium poker chip you’ve already seen. Best was attendance granting an automatic early allocation without going through the application process.

Chris Callan set up a Sunday night GT Forum dinner at a nice restaurant in our Official GTD Rally Hotel, the Delano. On Monday morning Special K set up breakfast, and Brooks Weisblat (Drag Times) covered lunch at Holstein’s. Monday night at 7:30 the Ford Motor Company rolled out the red carpet and put on a great show for everybody with excellent food, an open bar, and a very hot female violinist!

Honestly, pictures don’t do the GTD justice, you have to see it in person. It’s really beautiful and the suspension, power-train, and aerodynamics are both exotic and spectacular. There will be an extended color pallet program so mine will be Speed Yellow with black stripes of course. I’m encouraging everybody who was there to post up pictures of everybody else in this thread.

Thanks again Dave.

All the best.

Chip

View attachment 68398View attachment 68399View attachment 68400View attachment 68401View attachment 68402
Cool Stuff.. my 2017 GT is #56..🤗.. I think there's going to be a pool on what color Chip's car will be LOL

Reactions: Special K and Stef

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
My bet is on yellow.

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
Speed Chip Yellow
spd_yelw_blk_wheels.jpg

spd_yelw_blk_wheels3.jpg

w.a.nelson

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 29, 2008
Asbury, NJ and Bourne, MA
Can't wait to see Chip's with black stripes.

What a collection that is going to be!

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
I think it's been factory renamed to "Chip Beck Yellow"

Reactions: extrap

Gary

GT Owner
May 11, 2006
Festus, Missouri
As mime will be, Fingers crossed

07XL0027

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 20, 2012
Austin TX
Can't wait to see Chip's with black stripes.

What a collection that is going to be!
Wonder if they will have optional carbon stripes?