GT500KR Delivered

Daltondavid

GT Owner
Jun 22, 2007
Garnet Valley, Pa.
The car looks awesome

Is that vapour Silver?

How do these KR's compare to the Supersnake in terms of desirability and drive?
after driving Amy Boylan's personal GT500 Super Snake at SAAC 33, I would venture to guess that the almost 100HP it has over the new KR makes it Faster. the handling package also is more involved than a KR. desiribility? I think that is a matter of personal preference. if you were curious about the numbers game, lets have a look at it. approximately 1575 KR's to be produced. I doubt that the Super Snake package will rival half that number as far as production. maybe over time that will change. it also costs $25-35,000 dollars over the purchase price of a standard GT500 which must be supplied by the customer. so they are about the same price wise. one is "As made by FORD" the other is "As modified by SHELBY Autos" at any one of their approved Mod shops.

samthejeepman

Permanent Vacation
Oct 14, 2005
new jersey
GOT MY BLACK ON BLACK #106 LAST THURSDAY
ON FRIDAY I WAS DETAILING IT AND FOUND SIGNS THAT THE 1/4 PANEL ETC HAD BEEN PAINTED
AFTER MANY INQUIRIES, I FOUND IT WAS REPAINTED AFTER BEING DAMAGED AT A BODY SHOP NEAR shelby in las vegas.
it appears that the entire 1/4 was painted, "b" pillar and part of the roof line.
needless to say it went back to my selling dealer and i'm awaiting calls from ford and shelby this week pertaining to replacing the vehicle.
i will keep you all posted

sam

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
oh no sam, I can't believe it... so sorry and so unfair.

samthejeepman

Permanent Vacation
Oct 14, 2005
new jersey
you got it dan, its like a bad dream

hopefully i will get some answers this week on the outcome !!

sam

AlohaGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 13, 2007
Honolulu, HI
ON FRIDAY I WAS DETAILING IT AND FOUND SIGNS THAT THE 1/4 PANEL ETC HAD BEEN PAINTED
AFTER MANY INQUIRIES, I FOUND IT WAS REPAINTED AFTER BEING DAMAGED AT A BODY SHOP NEAR shelby in las vegas.
it appears that the entire 1/4 was painted, "b" pillar and part of the roof line.
needless to say it went back to my selling dealer and i'm awaiting calls from ford and shelby this week pertaining to replacing the vehicle.

sam

That is most uncool. I hope you get full and complete restitution and satisfaction, quickly.

Ripper 02

Permanent Vacation
Aug 16, 2006
Texas
Congrats to your Dad Dave !!!

Never Ever to old....

rmartin175

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 15, 2006
Delaplane, Virginia

sam

Sounds like another fast one being pulled by SAI. From my experience dealing with them now for almost two years, including having to file a suit against them for never delivering a car I had purchased and paid for in November of 2006 - it does not surprise me that your car was damaged while in the "control" of SAI and that they never were professional enough to inform you. If you ever get the truth as to what happened and why the car got damaged I would be greatly surprised. I would be even more surprised if Ford even knew about it. I wish you good luck.

rmartin175

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 15, 2006
Delaplane, Virginia
Here's the best picture my dealer sent to me yesterday evening on the delivery of my new 08KR, CSM #0097. Will post more once I can get there... SAI and Ford did not notify the dealer, nor did the shipper notify the dealer 24 hours in advance as is standard practice, so no one at the dealership was prepared for the delivery. Stopped by this morning on way to work, and was able to snap a few pictures and note some of the differences between what is offered on the stock 500, the 40th, the SuperSnake, and this KR.

Attachments

• MVC-066F.JPG
    MVC-066F.JPG
    213.3 KB · Views: 160

rmartin175

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 15, 2006
Delaplane, Virginia
Please feel free to send me a PM and I will provide you my personal email and cell number.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Congratulations on the KR Rich. SVT did a really good job engineering that car. Really good car to drive. Do a careful inspection. My father's car was also damaged while at SAI. The dealer had to have a new front fascia and new rear decklid overnighted to replace them. My dad is too big of a wuss to make a huge fuss, but I would have been absolutely apoplectic if it was mine and it had managed to show up at the dealer like that.

samthejeepman

Permanent Vacation
Oct 14, 2005
new jersey
nice color combo rich
as dave said, check it out carefully and buy a paint meter.
my paint goes from the normal 4.5 mils to as high as 14 mils on the damaged side.
as with dave's dad, my front carbon fiber spoiler is cracked and scrapped along the drivers side edge !!!!

sam

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
A few KR's at the Shelby Factory in Vegas:

I like the presence of this special vehicle in person. This picture doesn't really convey the charisma of the car when you see it up close.

SHELBY2.jpg

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
We are all human.....

As with any production car, there are things that happen at the factory. The guys at the factory are human just like he rest of us and will make mistakes. Unfortunatly, when problems arise, they dont always get handled the way we would like. Same goes for our beloved GTs. I cant tell you how many of these cars had resprayed panels from the factory as I have been up close and personal with ALOT of the GTs. Instead of make a big ordeal about a problem, best thing is to address it with the dealer/factory and get the problem solved in the most civil way possible. 9 times out of 10 this method will prove to produce a more desired outcome for all involved. After this method is tested and you are not happy, then take a more firm approach. Just my .02 from what I have learned in this business.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
As with any production car, there are things that happen at the factory. The guys at the factory are human just like he rest of us and will make mistakes. Unfortunatly, when problems arise, they dont always get handled the way we would like. Same goes for our beloved GTs. I cant tell you how many of these cars had resprayed panels from the factory as I have been up close and personal with ALOT of the GTs. Instead of make a big ordeal about a problem, best thing is to address it with the dealer/factory and get the problem solved in the most civil way possible. 9 times out of 10 this method will prove to produce a more desired outcome for all involved. After this method is tested and you are not happy, then take a more firm approach. Just my .02 from what I have learned in this business.

#1153 has a factory birthmark, the hood and left front fender where resprayed at Wixsom. I replaced the hood with CF, but have decided to leave the birthmark alone. Saleen offered to respray it at Rally I, but I needed the car for the Monterey car week that followed. No regrets.

Good advise Shelby...:thumbsup:cheers:thumbsup

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
Last Time Jason was at my shop and detailing several Exotics and high end machines I got to watch him use his vrey expensive meters (several thousand $$$) He plotted I think around 14 spots on each car with blue tape he notes each one by location.

These give him paint and clear coat thickness, then when he does the clear coat restore he only takes it as far as he can and remain in the safe zone then he plots everything on his lap top which charts it B/4 and after for the next time he does the same car.

When doing it I noticed he could tell exactly where and what was repaired. Some were new cars:eek
I asked him as he did my wifes Harley Truck and he noted the F-150's had some of the thickest paint/clear coat in the industry.

I then asked how does Caddy & Linc C.C. compare to Lexus.....He said (I was shocked) that when he said Black and some of the other colors are only single stage paint with no clear coat.:eek:eek:eek

So I would expect shipping cars from a factory to Shelby and to dealers and having so much work done to convert them that anything is possible.

Just IMO:bored

Nardo GT

Jul 15, 2006
Texas
I live by the phrase of Patrick Swayze In Roadhouse......" Be nice until it is time not to be nice".

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I live by the phrase of Patrick Swayze In Roadhouse......" Be nice until it is time not to be nice".

I've watched that movie at least 500 times. Francesca hates me for it, but I can never turn down the Double Deuce :lol

BillyRay

GT Owner
May 5, 2008
Phoenix
KR option $30K plus

DBK,
I currently have a 07 GT500 Grabber Orange w/ tungsten stripe.
xtras include: Tune/ air cleaner/ magna flow mufflers/20 Shelby Razors in Tungsten/Shelby dash plaque/ sirius/ premium int. upgrade/ 1000 watt Shaker in which sounds excellent/

I,am around 515 RWHP, the stock Shelby are about 440 to rear wheels.
My question is do you feel you are getting that much more HP by spending the extra money????
My xtra money spent was around---$4000

My HP is 515
KR says 540
Thanks BillyRay

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Nothing to do with horsepower BillyRay, and it's not my car.