GT vs LP640

digman1

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 8, 2007
Dallas Texas
Did a fun cruise with a Lambo friend yesterday, and it was great being out with another supercar on a beautiful day in Dallas. He was in his new, yellow LP640, with 640hp and all the carbon fiber goodies you can get. My one ride in it got me grabbing the cf grabhandle on the center console, and it is quite a beast!

During the cruise, we found 2 spots where we could get side by side and air them out. We started from a 30 mph roll, and got through part of 3rd before we had to shut them down. The GT hung tough, and it ended up a dead heat both times. I was a little surprised, as I thought the e-gear might help him, but it wasn't an issue.

I was like a proud dad, with my little Ford beating a $350k+ Italian exotic. I think he was a little surprised, and p*ssed he didn't blow me away.

We ended the run with some nice twisties, and went back to look at his newly restored '64 Pontiac GTO. It was a good car guy afternoon.

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
Awesome !!

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
Muscle Mustangs dynoed a GT motor out of the crate on an engine dyno. All they did was modify the exhaust so they could install the cats on the engine stand. 645 HP.

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
Did a fun cruise with a Lambo friend in his new, yellow LP640...The GT hung tough, and it ended up a dead heat both times. I was a little surprised, as I thought the e-gear might help him, but it wasn't an issue.

Congratulations. What mods/HP is your GT running?

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
That's good to hear... a friend of mine has recently bought a new LP640 and I've often wondered how my stock GT would hold up.

I had one of the first Murcielagos when they came out, it felt a lot stiffer than the GT but a big beastie. A bit like driving the Titanic from the pointy end.

digman1

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 8, 2007
Dallas Texas
The only mods I have done are a dyno-tune with air/fuel tweaking that netted 573 rwh, and the wiper removal mod which obviously make me sleeker.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
... and the wiper removal mod which obviously make me sleeker.

:rofl:rofl:rofl :cheers

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
The only mods I have done are a dyno-tune with air/fuel tweaking that netted 573 rwh, and the wiper removal mod which obviously make me sleeker.

I can vouch for the wiper removal mod !! :thumbsup

Chris A.

GT #32
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 6, 2007
Ortega Mountain, CA
Someone needs to make a couple of carbon covers to fill in the areas once the wipers are removed

Blue Moose

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Chandler,Arizona.
A bit like driving the Titanic from the pointy end.
:lol:lol

thrashdu2002

Feb 26, 2007
Fortuna,Ca

thats great,lol we all know that removing the wipers and adding racing stickers to the cars will get at least an extr 20hp out of them.

has anyone ran against an Acura NSX or Audi R8??

i watch streetfire.net a lot for street racing vids of Ford GT's. Fordg GT's would have been gods car. screw spending 290-400k on an italian car or germa car, Ford gives you plenty of spine chilling fun.:thumbsup

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
One of each please!

Just shipped out our LP640 today. I got about 100 miles or so seat time in the LP and they are definatly two TOTALLY different cars. The murcielagos have always been a little stiff. The GT seems to kind of F L O W a little better about the road. The TORQUE of the LP is felt alot more than that in the GT, but all in all I would say the GT is a better driver car and if the driver could get the car to HOOK UP good that it would take the LP just a bit 0-100. The LP640 demands a little more of the "LOOK AT ME" attention, but the GT always draws a croud as-well. I would say that they are not the best cars to compare as both have their advantages. My vote.... I WILL TAKE BOTH!!! :thumbsup

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
The Merci never really DID "ring my chimes", but I do like the new Gallardo design a whole bunch ('liked it's predecessors as well). 'Don't care for 'em as much as the FGT though...proof of which is I won't be buying a Gallardo. But, I DO like their looks. :thumbsup :cheers

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
I had a yellow 'look at me, I'm a cock' Murcielago. I think a lot depends on the color - my mates is in black, which looks very menacing.

The GT could be almost any color. :biggrin

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
This sounds like a case for w.mitty to solve.