gt trailer

mike becks

GT Owner
Aug 7, 2006
Dania
Sorry guyies , I can`t find the old thread for a gt trailer.If someone can help me great. Thanks Mike

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Trailex is the only way to go. I love mine. Tomy Hamon

mike becks

GT Owner
Aug 7, 2006
Dania
Thank you Mr. Pockets.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Thank you Mr. Pockets.

:wink :thumbsup

Pete S.

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 18, 2006
MA
Another option that forces you to keep too many pounds off is a regular old standard enclosed trailer: access in and out of the window for those of us non-winchers.

GTTrailer.jpg

Pete S.

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Beck to Becks.

I can`t find the old thread for a GT trailer. If someone can help me great. Thanks Mike

Mike,

If you can't trust advice from a guy named Beck, who can you trust? The Trailex Trailer is unquestionably the best choice to haul a GT around in. The ability to drive your car in, open your drivers door all the way, and step out like a normal human is quite an advantage for those of us who are not Chinese gymnasts. There is no steel in a Trailex trailer, they are all aluminum and weigh only about half as much as most other enclosed car haulers. In addition to their extremely light weight, they are custom-built to fit your car so the GT trailer is quite a bit lower and shorter than an "off the lot" trailer would be. The front of the trailer is triangular which lowers wind resistance. The combination of their smaller size, less frontal area, more aerodynamic shape, and much lighter weight makes this trailer easier to pull, easier to stop, and much steadier in high crosswinds. Add to all this Trailex's outstanding build quality, good looks, and the ability to add any custom features you would like.

This is unquestionably the best trailer for the Ford GT but there is of course one downside. The Trailex is more expensive than even the Featherlight which would be my number two choice. If you plan on keeping your GT for many years as most of us do, you'll soon forget what you paid for your trailer. Give Trailex a call at 800-282-5042, talk to Carl, and you won't be disappointed.

Chip

Attachments

• Trailer 1.jpg
    Trailer 1.jpg
    369.1 KB · Views: 401
  • Trailer 2.jpg
    Trailer 2.jpg
    375.5 KB · Views: 407
  • Trailer 3.jpg
    Trailer 3.jpg
    412.5 KB · Views: 387
  • Trailer 4.jpg
    Trailer 4.jpg
    227.5 KB · Views: 476
  • Trailer 5.jpg
    Trailer 5.jpg
    354.7 KB · Views: 336
Last edited:

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Another option that forces you to keep too many pounds off is a regular old standard enclosed trailer: access in and out of the window for those of us non-winchers.

GTTrailer.jpg

Pete S.

"A picture is worth a thousand words"...or, in the case of the Trailex, one pic like the above translates into about $17,000 out of pocket.

NOT having a side door on a GT's trailer is just plain NUTS. 'Only justification for NOT having one is if you already had a std trailer B4U bought your GT. THEN yewz gits a pass...

'Just my $.03.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
+1 EP!

Climbing out the window -> :ack

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Hey Mike,
I am real happy with my Tommy's trailer. Did you receive the links I sent you? : )

http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6108&highlight=tommy's+trailer

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
I am happy with my 22 ft Classic. I winch the GT in and out and don;t need to be in the car and climb out the window.
I just could not afford the Trailex expense. (plus I can fit my front loader/backhoe, and a ton of furniture in the added height.)
AJB

Jason's Auto Spa

May 22, 2007
IL & AZ
I was seriously considering a Trailex and almost made the move until I decided that I wanted to be able to put fullsize SUVs and trucks inside. Boy... It all went downhill from there, a moth flew out of my wallet this morning where the money used to be!!

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
I was seriously considering a Trailex and almost made the move until I decided that I wanted to be able to put fullsize SUVs and trucks inside. Boy... It all went downhill from there, a moth flew out of my wallet this morning where the money used to be!!

how many gts can you haul in your trailer at one time?

Jason's Auto Spa

May 22, 2007
IL & AZ
how many gts can you haul in your trailer at one time?
Just one :ack The floor is only 32' long, while at the roof it is 40' since it is a gooseneck. I just go by 40' because throughout the entire build, sale, etc... they measure by the roof. If business is good enough to merit a stacker trailer, that'll be next. This was my first time building a trailer from the ground up and I learned a lot for the next one. The size of this trailer makes enough sense for me because I wanted to be able to carry all of my detailing supplies and equipment as well as bring a car or SUV with for the ride. Gooseneck area has nine recessed D-rings for anything that can't fit on the floor either. But I see what you're saying, when I heard 40' I thought I could fit a couple of GT's with room to spare...

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
ah thanks ... so 48 / 52 or a stacker in the future huh?

The Grey Ghost

GT Owner
Mar 13, 2009
Kansas City
Hey Mike,
I am real happy with my Tommy's trailer. Did you receive the links I sent you? : )

http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6108&highlight=tommy's+trailer

I am on my 3rd trailer from Tommy's. Always trading up.
Tommy, Pat, and Rusty are all great to work with.
They've always stood behind their product with an excellent warranty.

Jeff

Jason's Auto Spa

May 22, 2007
IL & AZ
ah thanks ... so 48 / 52 or a stacker in the future huh?
I probably won't go any longer, it reaches a point where its difficult to get into neighborhood streets and I think I am just about there so a stacker would be next. A 34' gooseneck stacker giving me 26' on the bottom floor would be perfect for me but we'll see if there is enough demand in my area for enclosed pickup and delivery to start with. Probably could have accomplished this with something a little smaller with half the options but I'd rather pay extra up front to get something nicer to pull down the road and make a better presentation with my customers. Sorry, rambling, I'm done now :willy

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
I am on my 3rd trailer from Tommy's. Always trading up.
Tommy, Pat, and Rusty are all great to work with.
They've always stood behind their product with an excellent warranty.

Jeff

+ 1 :thumbsup

metalman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 22, 2006
I probably won't go any longer, it reaches a point where its difficult to get into neighborhood streets and I think I am just about there so a stacker would be next. A 34' gooseneck stacker giving me 26' on the bottom floor would be perfect for me but we'll see if there is enough demand in my area for enclosed pickup and delivery to start with. Probably could have accomplished this with something a little smaller with half the options but I'd rather pay extra up front to get something nicer to pull down the road and make a better presentation with my customers. Sorry, rambling, I'm done now :willy

Sounds nice, any pictures yet Jason?

Jason's Auto Spa

May 22, 2007
IL & AZ