GT Retired for the year

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Tomorrow the GT goes out one last time for driving. I'll spend the weekend cleaning the inside, detailing the bay, etc. Washed it yesterday. Then come Monday it's off to the garage for the rest of the year, insurance down to fire and theft. I'd love to take it out intermittently, but we get such heavy salt on our roads it's just not worth it. It'll probably come back out in March.

Sigh. It was great while it lasted! :usa

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Sorry Bud about that, You could move to TEXAS and enjoy your GT year Around. At one time we did have a mass exidus from Detroit to Texas. Come On Down :thumbsup Tomy Hamon

Le Mans 123

Feb 28, 2006
I'm originally a Wisconsin boy but have been in California and Arizona for the last 6 years.

Putting cars away for the winter is a reality that I don't miss at all! Way too depressing.

scode

Mar 28, 2006
Plymouth, MI
DBK said:
Tomorrow the GT goes out one last time for driving. I'll spend the weekend cleaning the inside, detailing the bay, etc. Washed it yesterday. Then come Monday it's off to the garage for the rest of the year, insurance down to fire and theft. I'd love to take it out intermittently, but we get such heavy salt on our roads it's just not worth it. It'll probably come back out in March.

Sigh. It was great while it lasted! :usa

How come you didn' post your drive by hd vid here? It was cool!

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
scode said:
How come you didn' post your drive by hd vid here? It was cool!

I've been screwing with the compression trying to get a better output...

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
If you get withdrawls you can come down and drive mine. I found out last weekend that the road I drive to work on is one of the top ten roads in TX for an enthusiast to drive.

http://www.hilliard.ws/texastopten.htm

Last edited:

BlackStorm

Sep 7, 2006
Houston, TX
THamonGT said:
Sorry Bud about that, You could move to TEXAS and enjoy your GT year Around. At one time we did have a mass exidus from Detroit to Texas. Come On Down :thumbsup Tomy Hamon

Honestly, when it gets to this time of year that just means the cars are running better, especially the cars/trucks with supercharges :wink , this is perfect blower weather! :banana

Silverbullitt said:
If you get withdrawls you can come down and drive mine. I found out last weekend that the road I drive to work on is one of the top ten roads in TX for an enthusiast to drive.

http://www.hilliard.ws/texastopten.htm

Wow, that's really cool. I'm glad you posted that.

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
I guess we should organize a winter rally in the South. Chip the ice off of the northern cars and bring them down. My GT would have been up 50 to 75 hp this morning in the 50 degree air. Speaking of 50 degrees do you Texas guys think our winter is over yet? I'm ready to take the boat out.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Went to the track today as my last hurrah. It was snowing in the morning so we left late, then made one pass and drove the 140 miles back home :lol I tried to bog it so it could creep off the line (it was in the low 40's and was told by those who had been making passes already it was very slick...what can I say, I'm overly cautious) but after it hooked in the VHT on the line it went spin mad. I got totally out of it in first, then got back out of it at the top of third because it was squirelly on the big end, still managed an 11.6@133 on a 2.2 60!. I think it's got nearly 136mph in it on a full pass in the cool air, and I know I can cut a 1.8. Prediction: I will take it to the track in the spring once or twice, and within 5 passes I'll collect a 10 second slip on stock tires.

ReiKo

Mar 8, 2006
Grosse Pointe, MI
DBK said:
Went to the track today as my last hurrah. It was snowing in the morning so we left late, then made one pass and drove the 140 miles back home :lol I tried to bog it so it could creep off the line (it was in the low 40's and was told by those who had been making passes already it was very slick...what can I say, I'm overly cautious) but after it hooked in the VHT on the line it went spin mad. I got totally out of it in first, then got back out of it at the top of third because it was squirelly on the big end, still managed an 11.6@133 on a 2.2 60!. I think it's got nearly 136mph in it on a full pass in the cool air, and I know I can cut a 1.8. Prediction: I will take it to the track in the spring once or twice, and within 5 passes I'll collect a 10 second slip on stock tires.
I'm ready when you are... :cheers :cheers

scode

Mar 28, 2006
Plymouth, MI
DBK said:

Dave, the weather is going to be pretty good next week. I think you can squeeze another week out of it. If you come to my dealership, you can probably make $ per ride up and down Michigan ave :biggrin I would need a complimentary promoters ride or drive for that matter of course :lol

btw "Steve" loved the "Fly-by" on SVT