GT repairs east coast

RADGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 31, 2006
Connecticut
Well unfortuntateyl it was not a known problem when the GT guys were at the barn but now I need some work done ie. changing the fuel rails, pressure sensor, connecting hose, etc. Anybody have some reccommendations for the tri state area.

Stu

Howard

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 26, 2007
Florida/North Jersey
Bob Ida, South Jersey?

Howard

RADGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 31, 2006
Connecticut
Good news...found an excellent guy for the work Chuck Tator at Tators Garage who is well known in the Viper world(think GT Guys of the Viper universe) was thrilled to work on the car. Excellent service, knowledgeable, and a pleasure to chat with. Dropped it off on Saturday so he would have it first thing in the morning on
Monday and done by the afternoon. even a followup phone call to be certain that everything was okay...did I mention that he is only 25 minutes from my house.
Now I am happy again.

Stu

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
You can't do better than Chuck. And honest as he can be. Tell him Terry says hi.

ViperJoe

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 17, 2006
Washington Crossing, PA
Chuck is a great guy. I have many fond memories of Tator's Dodge.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Good news...found an excellent guy for the work Chuck Tator at Tators Garage who is well known in the Viper world(think GT Guys of the Viper universe) was thrilled to work on the car. Excellent service, knowledgeable, and a pleasure to chat with. Dropped it off on Saturday so he would have it first thing in the morning on
Monday and done by the afternoon. even a followup phone call to be certain that everything was okay...did I mention that he is only 25 minutes from my house.
Now I am happy again.

Stu
Its nice to be happy!

BIGFOOT

GT Owner
Jan 18, 2012
Northeast
Tators.
You had your GT serviced there?
All good?
You would recommend it?
I'm looking for a place close and it IS pretty close.
Anyone else get there GT serviced there ?
Thank You

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
Great find.

I also use Pleasantville Ford in Westchester

http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/s...rvice-(NY-Westchester-CT)&p=282458#post282458

RADGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 31, 2006
Connecticut
I was extremely pleased with Chuck Tator. Very pleasant, honest, and reasonably priced. Although a Viper expert he works on all types of exotics. Talked to him on the phone a couple of times and the work was completed without much difficulty. I do not even know if he had to call the GT Guys although I did give him their number. I got the parts in advance from Torrie. I did call Pleasnatville Ford but when they told me they would look it up in the book to see what was involved, I was less inclined to give them the business. Certainly anyone looking for service in the Northeast should call Chuck and feel him out.

Stu

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
Yeah they are by the book....but, they go by factory specs

Key is to speak to Srvc Mgr, he knows the GT

They have a Master ASE Tech, Ron, that did my bolts and 5000 mile service; and transaxle vent that was weeping

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
I have a long time (17 year) Viper tech here that works on my GTs and he does a great job. I know Chuck very well. He was a Dodge dealer and his family dealership got cancelled in the meltdown. It was one of the oldest in the U S.

He is one the the nicest, most honest guys you will ever meet. I hope SRT makes him an authorized dealer again. There is an interesting DvD on his family operation floating around.

BIGFOOT

GT Owner
Jan 18, 2012
Northeast
Very encouraging.
Thnx

RADGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 31, 2006
Connecticut
I would doubt that they would make him a dealer but he may be able to contract with a local dealer for expert service on the new Vipers. Dam nice guy. Cool garage...very old school. Bless the good old days.