GT Price Curve Now Vs Two Years Ago

HighHP

GT Owner
Jun 3, 2019
Spokane, WA
Here is the price curve that I posted in January 2020. The dots are actual prices. Prices have increased about 50%. Nice investment.
Graph is Price vs Miles back in January 2020.

1648230864297.png

Last edited:
Reactions: GT Tech

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
That looks like a price drop 🤷‍♂️ 😂 Wait ... are you in Australia? 🙂

What's the bottom axis?

rnkma4

GT Owner
Jun 9, 2014
Santa Clarita
Bottom axis mileage?

HighHP

GT Owner
Jun 3, 2019
Spokane, WA
Price vs Miles

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
Ah, gotcha. Here's my chart of 73 FGT sales I've been aware of. starting 10/18/18, chronologically, and without respect to mileage. Mostly BaT but also a few Mecum / BJ, and these prices include the published fee. I have yet to come up with a way to chart the correlation of price to mileage over time, ie to chart over time how adding miles causes depreciation, if any! ... and I say that because the 10 sales in the 0-250 mile group averaged $428k while the 9 sales in the 500-1k group averaged $446k! 🙂 After that more miles does cause depreciation: The average of the 5 with >10k miles is $279k.

FGT_sales_181018_220319.jpg

Reactions: Fast Freddy

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
But how much is the dollar worth today vs a couple years ago?

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
But how much is the dollar worth today vs a couple years ago?

Yeah, so if your GT or house or widget doubles in value from Jan 2020 to now and you sell it, but everything else costs twice as much, have you gained anything? (I know that's an exaggeration, but ...)

Seems like the best plan is to hang on to all your 'stuff' since it's worth more than the dollar ... but I really don't know.

Reactions: PeteK and dshears

FlagstaffGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
I see an asymptotic flattening at 30 k miles with a single 80k miles errant datapoint all by itself. With no price below that data point the curve is heading up. The more miles I put on mine, the higher the value!

Reactions: HighHP and roketman

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
I see an asymptotic flattening at 30 k miles with a single 80k miles errant datapoint all by itself. With no price below that data point the curve is heading up. The more miles I put on mine, the higher the value!
I’m with you !!
I own mine for my own driving enjoyment
I’m not saving mine for the next guy or my wife’s second husband
Have a nice day! I’m going for ride in my GT

Last edited:

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
For all the guys hung up on values….

Here‘s a great thread on Rennlist in the 991 GT3 section. One of my buddies started it. It’s the anti-valuation thread….all actual car driving, food, and bicycling stuff…

B. West

GT Owner
Dec 17, 2012
Irvine, CA
I’m with you !!
I’m so sick of what it’s worth!
Who gives a fxxxk!
Yes when your dead your family will have a nice cash influx!
If your so hung up on what it’s worth sell now! Put me out the misery of reading these kind of threads!!!
I’m with you !!
I’m so sick of what it’s worth!
Who gives a fxxxk!
Yes when your dead your family will have a nice cash influx!
If your so hung up on what it’s worth sell now! Put me out the misery of reading these kind of threads!!!
Roketman, I met you in Canada and you I know you are a super nice guy and one of the biggest GT advocates out here. But let’s be honest….. you secretly do care about these GT values because you comment on every thread discussing it and that’s okay. This post may be in jest but… stop shaming others from discussing values. Many find it interesting as I do even if they never decide to sell their car (s). It’s the equivalent of a custodial stock portfolio for someone’s kid. The custodian still wants to know what it’s worth. I say this with all due respect too.

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005
way upstate NY
Enjoying the driving and ownership ( rallies, friendships I have made, and this forum). If values hold or go up; great. A diversified portfolio is good! What other investment can I drive?!

Reactions: extrap and HighHP

HighHP

GT Owner
Jun 3, 2019
Spokane, WA
Too much over thinking going on here. So, I will too. I will most likely die with my car, so I am having fun driving my kids inheritance. It really does not matter to my dead end if the value of this car does go up or down. But, yes I definitely do like to follow all my pyhsical retirement asset values as well as my financial retirement asset values, diversification. I include physical, because I like to have fun with my retirement assets. Not to sure we aren't all saying the same thing here.

Last edited:

w.a.nelson

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 29, 2008
Asbury, NJ and Bourne, MA
Roketman means what he says. It is not the least bit in jest.

Reactions: RPM217 and roketman

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Roketman, I met you in Canada and you I know you are a super nice guy and one of the biggest GT advocates out here. But let’s be honest….. you secretly do care about these GT values because you comment on every thread discussing it and that’s okay. This post may be in jest but… stop shaming others from discussing values. Many find it interesting as I do even if they never decide to sell their car (s). It’s the equivalent of a custodial stock portfolio for someone’s kid. The custodian still wants to know what it’s worth. I say this with all due respect too.
No worries here!
I even modified my post to be more politically correct.
I mean no insult or injury to any one!

Reactions: RPM217 and B. West

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
For all the guys hung up on values….

Here‘s a great thread on Rennlist in the 991 GT3 section. One of my buddies started it. It’s the anti-valuation thread….all actual car driving, food, and bicycling stuff…

Read the thread! Funny I know Mooty!!

Reactions: ByeEnzo

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
I love my FGT. Best car I ever owned.

Escalating prices just means more expensive parts and insurance to me.

😕

HighHP

GT Owner
Jun 3, 2019
Spokane, WA
Very true. I am happy to see you noticed this. I tried to develop an equation that fit the curve. But, I think it requires a polynomial of level higher than that of a quadratic equation. I gave up. Plus, it probably would have taken some over the edge.

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
My Excel charting skills ain't great, but here's another try at showing pricing chronologically and in mileage groups. (I'm really just trying to see how angry Ron will get! 🤪)

FGTsalesgraphv220326a.png

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
Very true. I am happy to see you noticed this. I tried to develop an equation that fit the curve. But, I think it requires a polynomial of level higher than that of a quadratic equation. I gave up. Plus, it probably would have taken some over the edge.
Ed, give up now or you’ll get sucked into the black hole! As you know, GT prices do not result from a physical process that can be accurately modeled or described by equations. They are a result of “dismal science.”