GT indoor car covers?

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
My car came with a cover, air pump and slime kit, and trickle charger. If you believe everything a car salesman tells you. You must believe in Santa and the tooth fairy and also would like to buy the Brooklyn Bridge for $100. How many bridges do you want to buy, we have a special on them?

BlackICE

BigsGT

Tungsten GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 8, 2006
Austin Texas
Thanks for your friendly response blackice :rolleyes Were you aware that these items were to be included or did they just show up? This is the first I've heard that those items are included. Did your sales guy hand them to you or were they shipped to you? Where were they located in the car? Is it possible they're in my car and the salesguy just doesn't know?

I can't imagine him trying to withold that stuff from me. I didn't buy from him, I bought from my local dealer from whom I've bought over 50 trucks for my businesses over the last few years. He did an equity swap to get it on his floorplan and sell it to me. The guy in Ohio has been great.

If you're going to respond with weak smack like you're on the street racer board don't bother. I thank anyone willing to help with some decent information.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
BigsGT said:
Most important item: The transport is picking up my car in Ohio tomorrow morning! I'll have it Wednesday!!! :)

However I talked to the sales guy there and he said this was the third GT he's sold and he is not aware of any of them that came with a cover??? He said they may ship it to the buyer after delivery but he didn't know. Everyone on this thread claims the cars come with a cover, but it doesn't look like mine will?! :mad

Does anyone have any comments or ways I could deal with this? $500 would buy some oil changes or a couple bottles of wine etc. The sales dude said he would ask the Ford rep but to his knowledge there isn't one coming with my car... :confused

Your sales rep might need a little product training. All GT's should have
the battery charger, car cover, and compressor with goop to fix flats.
In 2005 the dealer also received under seperate cover of black portfolio book
which is a nice collector piece, I have no idea if Ford continued sending the books out in 2006. My dealer couldn't find his, so he ordered me another one. My car came from Clarke Ford in Hudson and their delivery was seamless. Who is the birth mother of yours? :wink

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
I am sorry you took my response the wrong way.

What is included in the cars purchase has been discussed on this board in the past. I learned about what was included for the car from this forum. The consensus is the car cover is included. I should be in the front trunk compartment or in the cabin. I bought my car from a dealer in another state, sight unseen. Since I knew from this forum what is supposed to come with the car. I ask the dealer to confirm that all of the items that come with the car are included.

Now some buyer also got a book and DVD with the car. My belief is these items are not include with the car, but a promotional items dealer get if they have an allocation for a GT.

I still stand by my statement, "don't trust a car sales person." There are a few exception to the rule but most of them know less about what they are selling that I do and will stretch the truth very far to make a sale. My experience is about 10 to 20% of car sale people don't BS enough to turn me off.

BlackICE

Last edited:

BigsGT

Tungsten GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 8, 2006
Austin Texas
Bony and BlackICE, Thanks for your responses. I'll print this thread out and fax it to the guy tomorrow and have him check it out. I agree he might not be too knowledgeable, but I reiterate I did not buy the car from him. If I dug around a bit more at my dealership where I did buy the car I might find someone more knowledgeable there.

After looking around for four months I just had the fleet manager I use to buy trucks search one out for me spec'd as I wished and try to cut me a deal, and I'm pretty sure he did a good job. I didn't start working through this forum until a few weeks ago. I spend a lot of time on the Viper boards so I should have known to seek this board out earlier, but I didn't.

I did a search to try and find that other thread you referenced BlackICE, but couldn't. Have you got a link?

Sorry if I misunderstood your earlier post.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005

BigsGT

Tungsten GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 8, 2006
Austin Texas
Thanks! More ammo to use tomorrow...

BigsGT

Tungsten GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 8, 2006
Austin Texas
Update...

Car shipped today will be here Wednesday! Had the sales guy check "the boot" and all the items listed were there! He waited until my transport guy showed up to open it. Didn't have the book or the DVD though :(

Still I'm like a kid on Christmas Eve! :biggrin

Thanks for putting up with me!

StuM

GT Owner
Dec 10, 2005
SoCal
GT Book- 2006???

I know it's been debated before, but can anyone confirm that the 2006 cars were to come with a gift book from Ford. I got everything else, and a nice goodie bag of GT stuff from my dealer, but no book. He promised he'd ask his parts folks, but so far, no news. :confused

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
Depending on your state, you may not want, but may need a front license plate holder. That is a no cost option the dealer had to check. I got one but don't plan on using it unless forced to. You must drill holes through your bumper to use it!!!

BlackICE

BigsGT

Tungsten GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 8, 2006
Austin Texas
Front License Bracket...

As I understand it the law was changed in Texas where you no longer need a front plate. I've owned my '00 Viper for 5.5 years and never put one on it. Got stopped a few times and a warning once, but that was it. I think the law in TX changed last year. Can dig up a thread on it somewhere, with links citing the new statute.

DALLAS

GT Owner
Jan 28, 2006
Ford GT Car Cover

I asked at the dealership in HOUSTON....they have sold 12 GTs since 2005 and "are very proud of there sales"......They (LONE STAR FORD, Houston TX) "NO CAR COVER with any of the cars they have sold"......This from the person responsible for "all" the GT sales at this dealership......and i should say they hav two very nice RED and YELLOW GTs on the floor at this time.

DALLAS

TrackDay

GT Owner
Mar 20, 2006
JFYI: Earlier this week Ford sent me a replacement car cover for my early 05 GT. Seems the early car coves might trap moisture and they asked that I send the old cover back, then just use the new cover.
I’ve only used the OE cover on two occasions and most of the time use a custom multi layer cover by on of the big manufactures when it’s parked for long periods of time in the garage.

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
TrackDay said:
JFYI: Earlier this week Ford sent me a replacement car cover for my early 05 GT. Seems the early car coves might trap moisture and they asked that I send the old cover back, then just use the new cover.
I’ve only used the OE cover on two occasions and most of the time use a custom multi layer cover by on of the big manufactures when it’s parked for long periods of time in the garage.

Interesting. How did Ford contact you? DId they send a letter, or did the dealer track you down?

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
How early of an 05? I'm #1297, June 05 build date.

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
Mine is #448 with a build date of Feb. 05. I would also like to hear more. Thanks

TrackDay

GT Owner
Mar 20, 2006
I did not ask for a new cover, Ford just mailed a new one to me.
The letter asks that I put the old cover in the same box, attach the prepaid UPS postage and send it on back.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
What's your VIN and build date?