GT indoor car covers?

cciinc

GT Owner
Feb 10, 2006
Hello GT owners;

This is my first posting as I am a new GT owner (02-08-06). I am looking for a nice indoor car cover and wondered if anyone knows where I might search for one and if anyone uses a different cover than the one that comes with the car.

Thanks,

Tom

LEMANSZ

Gt Owner
Jan 11, 2006
SoCal
some guys are using covers from Californai Car Covers...I personally don't use one..ever. I would rahter have dust on my car then scratches...which you get from any cover..IMHO

oskie100

GT Owner
Nov 23, 2005
Simi Valley, California
Hi cciinc, I use covers all the time because my garage is so active. I saved the stock cover for road trips and purchased a California Car cover SPEC FF FF16717FG NO GROMETS. This cover is a super soft interior cover!!! Phone 800 423-5525

cciinc

GT Owner
Feb 10, 2006
Car Covers

Thanks for the advice.

Tom

SuperB

Board of Directors/Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 8, 2006
South Florida
I just ordered one from there too, will let you know how I like it.

StuM

GT Owner
Dec 10, 2005
SoCal
Ca Car Covers

Tom, I've used the flannel lined CA Car Covers on a black Z8 and Royal Blue 427 Cobra for several years. They are well made, custom fitted and have kept the cars pristine. As long as you use a good duster prior to fittment, you should be fine. Otherwise you may ruin some risk of dust rubs between the cover and paint. Also, was them from time to time to keep the flannel dirt free.
Enjoy and congrats on your new car.
StuM

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
i've got a few Ferrari spares , they ARE as good as the best aftermarkets out there.. Anyone want one, or would that be too Enzo unbeaten to be acceptable.. non lo so, pero potrebbe essere.... :rofl

Docrug

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Mansfield, Tx
Best thing I've found is a "Car Capsule" clear bubble. Makes the car look like a model on display, and I'm not always pulling the cover off for people to look at the car.

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
GT indoor...

Docrug,
What size car capsule clear bubble did you get for your GT? Thanks,
Kirby

LEMANSZ

Gt Owner
Jan 11, 2006
SoCal
maybe I'll encapsulate ny entire house in that plastic bubble stuff...do they make them that large?

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I sleep in one. Keeps the allergies down.

LEMANSZ

Gt Owner
Jan 11, 2006
SoCal
wasn't there a movie entitled ' The boy in the Plastic Bubble' or something like that?...This is 'The Car in the Plastic Bubble'...that what this whole bubble thing reminds me of...like the GT will get some 'disease' or something by being driven...like maybe STD's...(Street Transmiited Diease)

Docrug

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Mansfield, Tx
Capsule is 18' . Go to CarCapsule.Com

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
but doesn't the car capsule blow off at highway speed? If we can overcome that issue I need to get me a car condum for safe driving :lol

tiger 6

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 5, 2006
virginia
Does the GT come with an OEM car cover? Is this an option or is it included in the price of the car?
Thanks.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
It comes with a cover. I haven't open my bag yet. I don't like to use covers, they are too much trouble. I rather wash the car more often.

BlackICE

BigsGT

Tungsten GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 8, 2006
Austin Texas
Car Cover...

Duhhhh.... I didn't know the car came with one and I just bought one from my dealer, even though my car won't be here until next Thursday! Cost $500! If it's the same as the one that comes with the car I'll damn sure return it! It's gray with black stripes and Ford GT on it. Was a little disappointed as it felt kinda like nylon versus the material of the one I bought for my Viper, which is great (can't remember the name). The one for my Viper is great, don't know about this one, does it sound the same as the one that comes with the car? Thanks...

Gierkink

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 5, 2005
Wellington, FL
BigsGT,

The cover you've described sounds exactly like the one that was delivered with my car.

Rob

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
BigsGT said:
Duhhhh.... I didn't know the car came with one and I just bought one from my dealer, even though my car won't be here until next Thursday! Cost $500! If it's the same as the one that comes with the car I'll damn sure return it! It's gray with black stripes and Ford GT on it. Was a little disappointed as it felt kinda like nylon versus the material of the one I bought for my Viper, which is great (can't remember the name). The one for my Viper is great, don't know about this one, does it sound the same as the one that comes with the car? Thanks...

Yep...same as the one I got with my GT also. I don't use it though. I bought a much softer indoor cover from California Car Covers. There is another thread on car covers, do a search.

BigsGT

Tungsten GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 8, 2006
Austin Texas
Most important item: The transport is picking up my car in Ohio tomorrow morning! I'll have it Wednesday!!! :)

However I talked to the sales guy there and he said this was the third GT he's sold and he is not aware of any of them that came with a cover??? He said they may ship it to the buyer after delivery but he didn't know. Everyone on this thread claims the cars come with a cover, but it doesn't look like mine will?! :mad

Does anyone have any comments or ways I could deal with this? $500 would buy some oil changes or a couple bottles of wine etc. The sales dude said he would ask the Ford rep but to his knowledge there isn't one coming with my car... :confused