GT Featured on Speed TV

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
I can't wait until this Wednesday. I caught the show twice more in re-runs and saw little details I missed the first two times. Hey, how about mentioning all your Ford GT buddies on this forum as you sign off? Or put a placard up in the background saying Hi to us? Sorry, I'm a real ham and can't resist little things like that.

Red Rocket

GT Owner
Aug 31, 2006
Pacific North West
Hi Gino - watched your show a few times now. Very informative and REAL. Keep up the good work!

Looks like you have a very nice muscle car collection. That Hertz car of yours looks fantastic, a very original car. I have a question for you though. In the "Hertz" episode, when you asked him to sign the visor, Mr. Shelby said "What's in it for me?" I thought that was pretty shocking coming from a man known for signing his cars for so many years for free. Can you explain the 'behind the scenes' setup there - I mean was this staged or was he really looking to be paid? Just curious.

Last edited:

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
Hey Gino, it was great to meet you at the show on Wednesday. I am sorry that I didn't get to see you at the dinner on Thursday, it was great. FYI, I hooked up with Gary Patterson, and picked a color for the CSX4000. I will forward some pics of the new S-281 Extreme, and will be posting these to the site soon. Maybe I'll drop by and see you when I am in N.Y.C. :cheers

todd

GT Owner
Feb 3, 2006
so. ca.
timcantwell said:
Hey Gino, it was great to meet you at the show on Wednesday. I am sorry that I didn't get to see you at the dinner on Thursday, it was great. FYI, I hooked up with Gary Patterson, and picked a color for the CSX4000. I will forward some pics of the new S-281 Extreme, and will be posting these to the site soon. Maybe I'll drop by and see you when I am in N.Y.C. :cheers
congrats on your purchace Tim

Red Rocket

GT Owner
Aug 31, 2006
Pacific North West
re Mr. Shelby's comment

I am a big admirer of Mr. Shelby, as other thread postings here will attest.

Gino - thanks for the p.m. answering my questions, and in your doing so I feel a need to clarify this in the forum for others wondering the same thing.

For the benefit of the forum readers, FYI the situation in the show was pretty much what I was thinking; that there is a history between Gino and Mr. Shelby that goes back many years. And so Shelby's deadpan "what's in it for me" comment was really an inside kind of joke, 'tough Texan' to 'Brooklyn wise guy'. Nothing more. The real Shelby personality came out in receiving the check for his charity, because we all know the guy will do anything to help kids.

So good on ya Gino. And forum participants - let's all support Gino's show as much as we can. He's a helluva car guy!

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Gino's Show

Hi Gino - love your show.
Everytime I see a car/truck/bus wreck in a movie or an advertisement, with NYC in it, its of your doing. Just last nite saw an insurance company tv advertisement. Lots of wrecked cars in it. Looked like Wall St. Must have been one of yours.
Cool Stuff.

Fully understood the Shelby segment. Good friend has 3 Cobras. And bought a lot of chilli for the Kid's. $$ well spent.

Looking forward to meeting you in Indy. Thanks to gtjoey!

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
Thanks Todd, it was great to see you again in Vegas!