GT factory charger

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Ok I am going to bite the bullet and tell you I admidt I have no idea where the battery is? Ok a big car guy freak and I havn't looked for it yet.:willy

Any pics of the secret passage way?

Cool tech show us the way bud....

'Fwd of the left front wheel UNDER the boot (of coarse). Just release the fasteners & lift the front boot out & there it is.

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Hey guys, seriously, I have no problem with whatever battery charger you choose - mine or another brand, etc. (Now, I DO care what brand transaxle cooler you opt for!)

On the chargers, just make sure that it is a float type charger. A visual indicator is a plus so you can tell something's wrong if it is charging all of the time, for example. I would recommend a name brand like Battery Tender or the other brand discussed previously.

Your description of your GT battery tender mentions only 2006. So what should a 2005 GT use? Thanks.

The Cool Tech kit will work with '05 or '06. The screen that is on most of the '05's prevents you to mount a nifty little bracket so you just have to zip-tie it on the '05.

AlohaGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 13, 2007
Honolulu, HI
,... here is a wild ass thought:biggrin
We have a supporting vendor, that has designed a special charger for the FGT...
cooltech, he gives valuable aid to FGT owners all over the country and especially the KAL-FOOL-NIA crew.
Don't see Harbor doing anything for our group, I know their tools are chinese junk,. but mine are all FALCOM (FTF:wink) so I confess to being a tool snob.

If you like our site, support our vendors and perhaps even take out a subscription yourself. Your call, no pressure, just my two cents:cheers

I have all of CoolTech's goodies installed and simply couldn't be happier. They're well thought-out, well designed and well engineered. I couldn't recommend Kendall more.

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
I have all of CoolTech's goodies installed and simply couldn't be happier. They're well thought-out, well designed and well engineered. I couldn't recommend Kendall more.

Good stuff, works well, specially designed for the FGT..

Running his superb Transaxle with "thermostat" (tx Black Ice) and Battery Tender are on my car being an '05.. even with the mounting bracket. 05's with the early double grill need the zip tie - late '05 1k+ serial can use Kendalls's mounting bracket (simple to determine as if you have a really obvious front grill you need zip ties). Will do the "butt delete" when ready through Kendall. Already had the halon system...

Here is a guy who insures the upgrade and non intrusive "tricks" of the FGT ownership can be presented to us all..... He even built the seat bumpers after he heard that somebody "blew" the back window out being over zealous with the seat slide.

Keep the fix's coming :banana

- NOT A PAID OR SOLICITED ADVERTISEMENT - My personal view :cheers

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
MDT, Kendall's kit cannot be fully set up on '05 cars with the radiator screen. There's no pass through for the wire because of the screen.

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Optima + Battery Tender

Just wondering if there are any problems using on an Optima battery.
dp

Most of my batterys are Optima replacements for OEM lead acid originals. Optima dealers (Batterys Plus) recommend the Battery Tender for them. I have used them for years on my Optima batterys with perfect results.

Chip

standj

GT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 23, 2007
Wyoming
On my 05 (#416) I ran the Cooltech wires thru the opening for the tow hook, and it works great.

John

MDT

GT Owner
Jun 24, 2006
Thanks for the info. Ordered a cooltech charger. Anyone know if the cigarette lighter adapter will work on a '73 truimph spitfire that is clogging my garage? (worried about polarity or who knows what else...)

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
Those brit cars have weird grounds +/-....go with a manual cut off switch at batteryterminal...since there is no memory etc.

Having any amp running thru the Lucas dash wiring is a bitcrazy

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
'Fwd of the left front wheel UNDER the boot (of coarse). Just release the fasteners & lift the front boot out & there it is.[/QUOTE

thanks ep.....:thumbsup