GT ENGINES/TODAY LAST DAY

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Well, now is when reality sets in, today was officially the last day of production engines for the last of the gt's, a hand full will be made over the next couple of days for warranty work,ect. THANK YOU ONCE AGAIN BILL ,MIKE AND EVERYONE ELSE AT THE ROMEO PLANT WHO PRODUCED THIS MASTERPIECE,BULLET PROOF HEART OF OUR GT....GOT A CALL FROM FRED TODAY, FRED YOU MAKE MY DAY!! YOU CAN CALL DAY OR NITE MY FRIEND , ANYTHING FOR YOU, YOU ARE MY SPEED.. ANYWHO , LOOKS LIKE AROUND THE 20TH OF OCT . THE WIND DOWN OF THE WIXOM BUILDING ITSELF BEGINS, :thumbsdow NOW HOW DO YOU FEEL , SINCE YOU SAW THE LAST OF AN ICON, NEVER TO BE BUILT AGAIN!!!!!!NO PLANT, WORKERS ALL TO BE RELOCATED OR WORSE :thumbsdow WELL WITH THAT SAID, AGAIN YOU WERE A PART OF AUTOMOTIVE HISTORY , AND THANKS TO FRED AS HE WAS THE MAIN CAT THAT PULLED THE STRINGS. ITS AN HONOR AND A PLEASURE, GOOD LUCK MY FRIEND. GTJOEY AS REALITY REALLY SETTLES IN :willy

ksracing71

Jun 16, 2006
Early next week will be the end for GT production in Troy. We're down to the single digits on the first half of the line. The last GT (Canadian or U.S.) will be red w/white stripes.

Blue Moose

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Chandler,Arizona.
The last 3 should have been Red, White and Blue. (Heritage of course)

doccars

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 10, 2005
I want to echo what gtjoey said. It was great meeting Fred and the whole team at the Rally. For me it was an experience of a lifetime. I have owned many high performance cars and still have a Pantera. I personally restored it years ago after not having been able to purchase one new since it was out of production by the time I was in a position to afford one. Ever since I was a teenager, the GT40 was a car that I lusted for. Unfortunately they were scarce and the prices on used ones continued to climb. When Ford decided to produce the GT it was a dream come true. The GT is a retro with all the updates and outperforms the original.

The ultimate was to have an experience (thanks to gtjoey, DBK, Ford, Saleen and countless others) to meet first hand those involved and experience the assembly of this fine piece of machinery. I was extremely impressed with the passion that everyone involved with the production of the GT displayed. Perhaps that is what contributed to its success. I especially enjoyed meeting and discussing our mutual interest. The Rally also served as an opportunity to meet a great group of individuals with a mutual interest.

Special thanks to Glenn Duvall who has assisted me with questions and issues I have had regarding the GT. He has always gone that extra step and has made ownership and exceptional experience. He definitely is an asset to FMC.

I have to admit that I am somewhat depressed at the realization that production is coming to an end. Part of an error will now become history and I realize that this was probably a once in a lifetime event. Joey, as I have told you in the past, my wife and I both agreed that you guys did a fantastic job and helped make this probably one if not the best trips we have ever taken. (With the limited shopping that she was able to do, I was surprised to hear her admit it.)

Thanks again to everyone who made the Rally and this automobile possible.

samthejeepman

Permanent Vacation
Oct 14, 2005
new jersey
i would like to personally thank everyone associated with anything that had to do with the ford gt program(from start to finish).
there are many names, such as glenn duvall, gt cindy, mark lindgren, fred, randy benton, kim, ted, becky, alan, joe wiacek, tim tischler, mike leese, bill tally, diana spicer, steve saleen, mark stefer, bill, camillo, and the hundreds of others.
you did a great job, and made us all very happy and proud !!!
our prayers are with you all when you recieve your new job assignment envelopes today !!!

thank you again
sam
#1451--------red/white
#03-------extreme saleen

Last edited:
last production

Hi

The GT is just the car. Even in Switzerland.

Can you tell us how many units in total now were built?

For the new Shelby GT 500, is it not a similar engine built at the same place?

Greetings

Chris