GT damaged at dealer by dissatisfied customer

Gruntled

GT Owner
Dec 11, 2005
My local TV news had a quick report about an SUV customer who was unhappy with the deal on his SUV. The customer drove the truck onto the showroom floor and set it alight. The picture showed a GT (light coloured, possibly heritage) from the rear with debris all over it.

They said it was in the Miami area.

abolfaz

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 11, 2006
Coral Gables
Any more details? I can't find anything.

abolfaz

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 11, 2006
Coral Gables
Damn artsy types!

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
I should send this guy to the dealership that dinged up my new GT in Dec. AC

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
GT damaged...

The only "good" news to come from this story is the Ford salesperson who sold the SUV to the lunatic, announced he would sell the destroyed Heritage GT for msrp...in its "as is" condition, of course. The salesperson was a hero in the dealership on the day he sold the car for doing such a good job of screwing the customer, but the next day the dealership was essentially out of business...payback is hell.

427Aggie

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 18, 2005
Frisco, Tx
Thats terrible...but then again it just reduced the number of Heritage cars by one...

GOD I AM TORN :)

Matt

LEMANSZ

Gt Owner
Jan 11, 2006
SoCal
sorry, that hurt to see it...

427Aggie

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 18, 2005
Frisco, Tx
I think its more like 200 from what I have been able to come up with..10% of 06 builds..and they were shooting for 2000 this year...

Matt

TRFordGT

Feb 3, 2006
im sure the dealership will be okay lol. thats why they have insurance. however.. if it was a ford escape i can only wonder what happened to that poor man. theyre not terribly expensive.. crazy artsy people.

abolfaz

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 11, 2006
Coral Gables
Stefan, I really owe you now. If Stefan hadn't insisted on me taking my car to Maroone in lauderdale, guess where my car was going? You got it, my car would have been at that dealer!

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 14, 2005
south FL
-- according to our local newspaper bond was 1500.

It seems he went back to the dealer and the response he got for whatever problem he had was unsatisfactory. I've bought a few cars there and it was fairly trouble free. It's an ok dealer.
However, I tried to buy an escape hybrid for dad and a business partner & guess what? Neither own one. Ones patience is tested, and such large purchases can create an unvelievable amount of pressure. Ofcourse buying the gt was a trouble free experience- right????

Some people snap!

What a shame- ..

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
He's gone !

MIAMI - The man who drove his new SUV into a Miami-Dade Ford dealership and set it on fire killed himself while onboard a commercial flight. Previous Images

Gerard Georgettis was charged with arson and criminal mischief after the incident Saturday afternoon at Metro Ford in Miami.

The Federal Aviation Administration said a passenger was found dead in the bathroom of a United Airlines plane Wednesday night. The man apparently hanged himself.

The plane was flying from Washington, D.C., to Los Angeles and was diverted to Denver.

The Denver Medical Examiner's Office confirmed that the man was Georgettis. Medical examiner's spokeswoman Michelle Weiss-Samaras said an autopsy was planned.

A coroner's report said he hanged himself, NBC 6's Nick Bogert reported.

SuperB

Board of Directors/Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 8, 2006
South Florida
I called that dealer in Miami about that Heritage. Decided to buy the one from Fort Lauderdale instead. If I had bought the Miami one, it would not be destroyed now. Should I feel good or bad about that?

I guess it's good, if they pissed of a customer that bad, I'd be unhappy too.

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
I think he had some real serious issues :frown ... may he RIP

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
SLF360 said:
MIAMI - The man who drove his new SUV into a Miami-Dade Ford dealership and set it on fire killed himself while onboard a commercial flight. Previous Images

Gerard Georgettis was charged with arson and criminal mischief after the incident Saturday afternoon at Metro Ford in Miami.

The Federal Aviation Administration said a passenger was found dead in the bathroom of a United Airlines plane Wednesday night. The man apparently hanged himself.

The plane was flying from Washington, D.C., to Los Angeles and was diverted to Denver.

The Denver Medical Examiner's Office confirmed that the man was Georgettis. Medical examiner's spokeswoman Michelle Weiss-Samaras said an autopsy was planned.

A coroner's report said he hanged himself, NBC 6's Nick Bogert reported.

Holy shit! :eek

Something was clearly amiss with this individual :frown

50 BMG

Aug 3, 2005
AZ
Dare I say it...

An eye for an eye.

abolfaz

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 11, 2006
Coral Gables
Even worse! I saw a video of the SUV punching through the showroom glass and head on into the GT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As if the fire wasn't bad enough!

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
as Stefan said may he RIP, no point in second guessing what snapped. sad day for all concerned.

K-P Garage

GT Owner
Sep 12, 2005
Longwood, Florida
Disgruntled man set SUV and GT ablaze

Did ya'll see the story about the nut who drove his Escape into the showroom at Metro Ford set it on fire and damaged or destroyed multiple cars including a 2006 GT? Story in South Florida Sun Sentinel. Sorry as I am too computer stupid to know how to attach the link. My Ford man tells me the GT was not destroyed but just damaged. Anyone seen PIX? :frown

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Yeah, it's in here somewhere. I'm gonna merge this when I find it.