GT 40 Photo Appreciation

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
here's a link with some awesome FGT photo's from the past. Some really unique track photo's.

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?5812228-The-GT40-Ford-GT-Appreciation-Thread/page17

L
ove the ones in the garages at the tracks.

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
Wow nice pictures

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Awesome pictures! Funny I never get tired of looking at Ford GT's

GTJack

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 1, 2006
Saddlebrooke, MO
Thanx Jeff. I'm with you Ron!

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Great post. I like viewing the endless combination of body/wheel/chassis variations in these cars. Very cool.

Chip

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
my father is friends with the owner of car #61 and my brother used to race for him. i have sat in it. my brother rode shotgun in it at Firebird Raceways road course when i raced wheel to wheel with it in one of my old road race cars. it is the fastest GT40 on the track today and has been for almost 2 decades now....

Last edited:

Wwabbit

GT Owner
Mar 21, 2012
Knoxville, TN
Really nice! Wow those things used to be everywhere. The number of mod variants is impressive.

Cobra63

GT Owner
Dec 30, 2007
Edina, MN
A few years ago I met a fellow named George Snyder here in Minneapolis. He's about my age (67 now). He was admiring my GT and said he had owned a GT40 back in the late 60's but had to sell it before his first child was born since his wife wanted a house. So he sold it in 1972. The next time I saw him he gave me a CD full of photos of his car, which I only recently put on my computer to view. It was a right-hand drive, 1963-1964, white with black stripes, Targa Spyder (quite rare) pre-Shelby nosed car with a 289 and Webers on a GT40 manifold. It had Michigan plates, and the people in the photos had '70's hair and clothes. George was able to buy it because he worked for Kar Kraft then. All the GT40's that came back from Europe after the '67 season went to Kar Kraft before being sold. As an employee, he had first crack at it. He said it was like financing a Corvette. I believe he told me the price was $6000.00. I told him too bad he had to sell it. It could pay for a large part of his retirement. He had no regrets and his wife was happy with the house.

djs

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 7, 2007
"It was a right-hand drive, 1963-1964, white with black stripes, Targa Spyder (quite rare) pre-Shelby nosed car with a 289 and Webers on a GT40 manifold....I told him too bad he had to sell it. It could pay for a large part of his retirement. He had no regrets and his wife was happy with the house."

I hope she's happy with the house! I saw Greg Lonberger's disassembled GT40 104 in 2009. Rumor has it the car was sold (complete, but still in parts) for north of $2.5MM sometime in 2010, so imagine what a complete targa car might sell for!