GT$0 in Monaco!!

pauleddy

Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 14, 2007
Newport/Boca Grande
We're in the Principality of Monaco again, awaiting the start of the "Historique" vintage car races and also the Formula One races through the streets of the town of Monaco.
Drove the course twice this afternoon in my rented Alfa an was passed by a very sweet sounding GT40, BLACK/Silver stripes.
DBK...SHOULD PUT A PACKAGE TOGETHER FOR THIS ONE...ITS NOT TO BE MISSED!
Life is good! Best regards to all,
Paul

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Yes, but tie it in to the Mile Miglia.
To do this one would need significant deposits at least one year out.
Not easy for a new group to get placed correctly.
The next Historique will be in 2010.
I'm in.

thrashdu2002

Feb 26, 2007
Fortuna,Ca
i think that there is a guy that makes monaco car videos on either video.google.com or youtube.com they are really something special. to see all of the cool cars in monaco driving around the small windy streets.ive seen the videos before but i cant remember what they are caleld. i would type in like car video monaco or something like that. have a great day.

pauleddy

Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 14, 2007
Newport/Boca Grande
Yes, BONY, we didn't want to make you too jealous but indeed we are going to do the Mile Miglia!
By the way, the AMARONE is to kill for!
Thinking of you...

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Paul,
Thanks for the update.. Who's minding the Moogie Trike while you're gone ??? ...:biggrin

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Monaco

Take Me ,take Me !!!

sharp33

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 19, 2006
Rochester, NY
How many do we need for a group buy? Just the advantage of enjoying it all with a bunch of fellow GT owners would be a big enough incentive to make me clear my calendar.

pauleddy

Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 14, 2007
Newport/Boca Grande
A really great looking (and very nice!) girl, Sonia, who lives here, takes care of all my arrangements for the the various races. She is a friend and does a wonderful job for Monaco races, restaurants, events, etc.
I will be having dinner with her this week and will ask her what sort of a first-rate plan, including accommodations, she could put together for, say 6 couples or 12 guys. Remember, the F1 race is EVERY year at this time; the Historique's are every TWO years at this time. The Mile Miglia is a world apart because of the "management"...many did not know if it would be revived this year but so far, so good. That one, we keep a close eye on!

Last edited:

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Paul,
I am ready to put a deposit down for the next Historique if it includes the MM, the start in Brescia (sp) is amazing. Do a little touring in Sienna, wrap up in Maranello, visit the usual factories.
Cheers,
daniel

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
We're in the Principality of Monaco again, awaiting the start of the "Historique" vintage car races and also the Formula One races through the streets of the town of Monaco.
Drove the course twice this afternoon in my rented Alfa an was passed by a very sweet sounding GT40, BLACK/Silver stripes.
DBK...SHOULD PUT A PACKAGE TOGETHER FOR THIS ONE...ITS NOT TO BE MISSED!
Life is good! Best regards to all,
Paul

Paul you must be in heaven. I have never even dreamed that some day I could be in Monaco let alone on race week. So you guessed it was not me in the black & silver............dream a little dream for me:thumbsup

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
One of our members, Stevo, has a black/silver stripe GT and lives in Monaco. Nice guy, I had lunch with him and his family the other year in the South of France. Could be him...

06fordgt

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 8, 2006
Toronto Canada
pauleddy pm sent.