Great restored Mobil station

MNJason

GT Owner
May 14, 2010
San Diego
I was out for a drive this morning and discovered this old restored Mobil station in a small town about 20 miles from me (Carver, MN).

The guy uses it as a shop and restores Mustangs. Even the inside had an old checkerboard floor and 60s pop machine. Very cool.

The colors match up well, I think.

IMAG0036.jpg

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Very Cool.

Gentlemen,

I like those old service stations and stop to look whenever I come across one. At the last Texas Mile in Beeville, TX I drove by this old abandoned Texaco station that was sitting by an old shut down Coca-Cola Bottling building. A part of America long gone.

Chip

Station 1.jpg
Station 2.jpg
Station 3.jpg
Station 4.jpg

jmorken522

GT Owner
Sep 30, 2009
Winona Minnesota
The white looks great in that picture. Next time I am up in that area I will have to check that station out and maybe get a picture of my red with that back drop.:thumbsup

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Saved to hard drive. Beautiful picture. Very cool station. I can smell the "ethyl" fill ups in my parent's Impala SS back in my youth.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Chip those buildings are special. Love the Art Deco Bottling building. Hope someone saves them.

FENZO

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 7, 2008
Lafayette, CO
Stunning photo, thanks for posting. Anytown USA... 60 yrs ago.

So which one of the photogs here is gonna erase the SUVs?

CH53Driver

Shelby GT500 owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 20, 2008
Arkansas.
Cool pics!

GTJack

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 1, 2006
Saddlebrooke, MO
Love the old Mobil station pic, thanks. Worked for them for nearly 40 years. The Pegasus are "old" ones as he is flying to the "left". The company changed direction for Pegasus and had him flying to the "right" beginning in the 60s if memory serves me correctly.

MNJason

GT Owner
May 14, 2010
San Diego
Love the old Mobil station pic, thanks. Worked for them for nearly 40 years.

My Dad spent his entire 32 year career with them. I grew up on the Pegasus.

tanner

GT Owner
Jan 12, 2011
Great picture.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Chip,

The picture of the station you posted looks just like this Gulf station:
http://www.ohiobarns.com/othersites/gas/tn/Gas42-13gulf.html

My garage will look like that Gulf Station if and when I build my retirement home.

thegtguy

*Supporting Vendor* GT Owner
Apr 20, 2006
MI
Gulf station

Chip,

The picture of the station you posted looks just like this Gulf station:
http://www.ohiobarns.com/othersites/gas/tn/Gas42-13gulf.html

My garage will look like that Gulf Station if and when I build my retirement home.

That is where I had my car 2 years ago. Last page on this thread. http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/s...s-and-finally-an-owner!!!!!/page18&highlight=
My parents are from that town and my Aunt used to take care of it.

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California
The white looks great in that picture. Next time I am up in that area I will have to check that station out and maybe get a picture of my red with that back drop.:thumbsup

I was thinking the white looks good, but I'd love to see Red!

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Rich,

The photo in post #177 on that thread is awesome.

donnymac

Defered Ajudication
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 26, 2008
West Texas
I grew up in my dads Humble-Enco-Exxon station. I swept everbodys floors, checked thier oil and red hot raditors and cleaned bugged up nasty ass windshields. Bush41 was one our customers. I would trade it for nothing.

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
Gentlemen,

I like those old service stations and stop to look whenever I come across one. At the last Texas Mile in Beeville, TX I drove by this old abandoned Texaco station that was sitting by an old shut down Coca-Cola Bottling building. A part of America long gone.

Chip

View attachment 21189
View attachment 21190
View attachment 21191
View attachment 21192

If I was crazy wealthy I would buy a small town and restore it to this era. It's before my time but I really like it.

Of course there would be a speed shop in town to tune my cars. Mullet's Speed Shop, that's got a good ring to it.

Oh, and the barber shop would specialize in mullets. :)

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
These old time gas stations are from near Pitea, Sweden. One of which was run by my fathers Uncle. About 70k from the Arctic Circle.
Sweden 2008 Sweden-2008087.jpgSweden 2008 Sweden-2008088.jpgSweden 2008 Sweden-2008089.jpg

GTJack

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 1, 2006
Saddlebrooke, MO
70 kliks from the Arctic Circle..now that is cool!