GPS tested 60-130 7.9 Seconds

Tommy

GT Owner
Oct 29, 2006
I just bought a new Performance Box from http://www.vboxusa.com/products-other.php#pb (same as the drift box but no drifting mode and cheaper $499) and just got back from a 60-130 run in my GT.

Mods are Accufab tune and exhaust. 2.7 Pulley goes on next week

60-100 3.9
60-130 7.9

gt.jpeg

For the sake of comparison, here are some 60-130 times for some fast production cars:

6.1 - Saleen S7 Twin Turbo
6.9 - Mosler MT900S
7.0 - Ferrari Enzo
7.3 - Porsche Carrera GT
8.9 - Mercedes SLR McLaren
9.1 - Porsche 993 RUF Turbo R (100 octane)
9.2 - Chevrolet Corvette C6 Z06
9.4 - Lamborghini Diablo VT 6.0
9.5 - Ferrari F430
10.9 - Lamborghini Gallardo
11.7 - Ferrari Challenge Stradale
12.1 - Lamborghini Murcielago
12.2 - Porsche 996 TT

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Why does it time that particular time? Would that unit be able to measure a standing mile, or can you put in any other mph to measure the times between?

That's a nice time for just those mods! You'll be in between the Mosler and the S7TT with the 2.7".

Tommy

GT Owner
Oct 29, 2006
DBK said:
Why does it time that particular time? Would that unit be able to measure a standing mile, or can you put in any other mph to measure the times between?

That's a nice time for just those mods! You'll be in between the Mosler and the S7TT with the 2.7".

You can set it for any MPH. I wanted to see how I stacked up with the Porsche boys on this thread http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55163

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I totally gotta get one of those. :eek

Sorry, will it do the standing mile? Oh, and p.s, obviously the best way to get a good 60-130 in the GT is to roll it in second and mash it because if you do a proper dead dig run you're going to shift right at 62.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Impressive. Did you just time one run, or do multiple runs?

Tommy

GT Owner
Oct 29, 2006
DBK said:
I totally gotta get one of those. :eek

Sorry, will it do the standing mile? Oh, and p.s, obviously the best way to get a good 60-130 in the GT is to roll it in second and mash it because if you do a proper dead dig run you're going to shift right at 62.

Yes it will do the standing mile.
READ THIS

Tommy

GT Owner
Oct 29, 2006
SYCO GT said:
Impressive. Did you just time one run, or do multiple runs?

I did two runs.

First run was 8.0 seconds, and the second was 7.9.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Those are crazy numbers you are getting already, relative to the competition. I can't wait to see what you will do with the pulley swap.

Enjoy!

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Ah, thanks. It's late and my blurry eyes didn't catch the smaller print. Looks like a really cool gadget, and GPS based to boot...

BlackStorm

Sep 7, 2006
Houston, TX
SYCO GT said:
Those are crazy numbers you are getting already, relative to the competition. I can't wait to see what you will do with the pulley swap.

Enjoy!

It is. What's really intresting is the Gallardo being over a full second quicker than the Murci.

That's a very cool tool though!

californiacuda

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 21, 2005
Maybe we could talk Piko, Torrie, or Heff's TT into getting one, for some real crazy #'s.

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Maybe we could talk Piko, Torrie, or Heff's TT into getting one, for some real crazy #'s.
NOw we're talking !

GT PILOT

GT Addict/ B.o.D.
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 15, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
More info

Here is a C/D test a while back on some meters. Although the vboxus.com device was not tested, there is some intersting info. Since the vboxusa device uses gps, like the $12k version that C/D uses, IMHO that is important. Did you purchase this direct from vboxusa?

http://www.caranddriver.com/features/9380/do-inexpensive-performance-meters-work.html

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
A review on the driftbox, the performancebox is a version that doesn't measure drifting, or dump GPS data via rs232 to a pc, otherwise looks to have the same features as the driftbox. $750 vs $499.

I think SLF360 would benefit from the driftbox. but I don't know if I would ever getting any meaningful drift angles. The GPS data dump might be useful though.

Anyone see Fast and Furious, Tokyo Drift? Now I wonder how many cars they smashed to get the scenes with the cars drifting up the parking garage levels.

BlackICE

http://www.caranddriver.com/features/11369/tech-stuff-the-racelogic-driftbox.html