Goodyear Eagle F1 rear tyres on offer at Kwik Fit

tony h

GT Owner
Jun 16, 2010
United Kingdom
Message to report that I have just purchased 4 Goodyear F1 eagles (315/40 19 Y) at a price of £1,109 that includes all taxes and fitting. :thumbsup

I am in UK but nevertheless I think that is an excellent price for anyone that may need new rubber at the rear.

Thanks

Tony H

FENZO

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 7, 2008
Lafayette, CO
Good deal in UK, but that is $427 USD per tire which is $100 more per tire (not installed) than the Scuderia 345/35R-19.

Just think, last summer I bought GY F1 rears for $270 ea, and the year before for $253.:bs

tony h

GT Owner
Jun 16, 2010
United Kingdom
Wow, wish I could buy that cheap!

Everything in UK is top dollar.....we holiday in US every year and the savings that we make are unbeleivable. One day I hope to retire to US, the first purchases being made would be a Viper and a Corvette (alongside my reimported GT).

Didnt know that alternative tyres would fit - do they use existing rims?

djs

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 7, 2007
FYI:
Even tire rack quotes the rears @ $572 EACH, (OUCH!!) whereas, TR always had better pricing than anyone in the past. BTW, they only have the fronts in stock ($338/not a bad price), the rears are back order, so good luck as to when they'll arrive.

FENZO

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 7, 2008
Lafayette, CO
Tony,

There are options for stock wheel size, check out the exhaustive info in the threads linked below. A popular choice now are the Bridgestones, esp since I think GY gave exclusive US rights to the FGT F1s to tirerack, the price doubled here. The prices I mentioned for the GYs are no longer valid.

http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/showthread.php?12372-THE-Tire-Thread

http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/showthread.php?10821-Forget-all-other-tire-options-these-just-made-my-day.&highlight=heritage%20bruce

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
I have now driven about 400 miles on my new Bridgestones. Average speed about 80 mph, top so far 110. They are much quieter than the Goodyears and I am very pleased so far. The shop put 35 psi in them and I lowered back to 32, but I think the 35 felt better. Total cost, tire, tax, mounting and balancing around $1600.00 Ordered them from TireRack and had them in 3 days. The Bridgestone store couldn't get them that fast, plus they were total morons asking me why I wanted a Porsche rear tire for the front of the car (but they never asked what I was driving.)

Has not rained yet, so I can't tell what wet driving will be like. Speedometer error is negligible due to the shorter cross-sectional measure. Once again, very pleased.

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
Message to report that I have just purchased 4 Goodyear F1 eagles (315/40 19 Y) at a price of £1,109 that includes all taxes and fitting. :thumbsup

I am in UK but nevertheless I think that is an excellent price for anyone that may need new rubber at the rear.

Thanks

Tony H

Where did you buy them?

Thanks......

Oh, D'uh. Quik Fit!

Last edited:

tony h

GT Owner
Jun 16, 2010
United Kingdom
Had a call from Kwik Fit late afternoon. Problem was that when I ordered them there wasnt a GT listed so I put down that I had a Fiesta. The lady asked if I was sure that I had ordered the correct tyre as they were a bit wide for such a small car.

Was meant to collect them on Sunday but now not sure if they are in stock?

Still, they have accepted my order and I have paid up so they will have to honour the deal......

Will update when I collect my tyres.

Tony H

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
Had a call from Kwik Fit late afternoon. Problem was that when I ordered them there wasnt a GT listed so I put down that I had a Fiesta. The lady asked if I was sure that I had ordered the correct tyre as they were a bit wide for such a small car.

Was meant to collect them on Sunday but now not sure if they are in stock?

Still, they have accepted my order and I have paid up so they will have to honour the deal......

Will update when I collect my tyres.

Tony H

fiesta :)

tony h

GT Owner
Jun 16, 2010
United Kingdom
Update.....had a call from Kwik Fit and they tell me that the tyres are not in stock.

They offered a full refund but I politely declined - as you would :lol

I am told that I will have to wait till December for delivery as Goodyear are still manufacturing the next batch.

I have also been told that Kwik Fit have removed the offer :frown .....I suspect that someone has done their homework and has seen that the tyres were too cheap.

Will keep you updated.

Tony H

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
Would you seriously have Kwik Fit fit your tires to the car? My rims are a thing of joy, not a mark. I'm not sure I'd trust some school leaver with a hammer any where near my GT!

tony h

GT Owner
Jun 16, 2010
United Kingdom
Kwik Fit arent that bad, they have a really good selection of hammers and chisels :lol

One thing is for sure, theres no way they are going near my car unless they are one of the newer state of the art centres with experienced staff....even then I will take some convincing.

By way of update, I couldn't collect my tyres as they are not in stock. I was given written revision of contract so I still have my tyres at the advertised and paid for price. The offer on the web has now been pulled as Goodyear are still ion process of manufacturing them.

It will be December before they arrive and then I intend to collect all 4 and decide best way to proceed from there.

Hopefully the rears will last that long??

Tony H