Good Price on a GT?

Enzo101

GT Owner
Aug 18, 2015
Clarksville, AR
So I was browsing Ebay and came across a 2006 red 4 option GT. 1,900 miles. Appears to be no accidents or paint repair for $274,950. Wondering if it's a reasonable price to pay for a GT in the current market. I really appreciate the help as a GT may be in the cards really soon. Thanks all.

DC-DD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 26, 2010
PA / FL
Seems like a fair asking price for that mileage and a no issue car. Good luck and try to work a deal for it off that site.

Dominic

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
So I was browsing Ebay and came across a 2006 red 4 option GT. 1,900 miles. Appears to be no accidents or paint repair for $274,950. Wondering if it's a reasonable price to pay for a GT in the current market. I really appreciate the help as a GT may be in the cards really soon. Thanks all.

This has been discussed many times. First is there any reason you want a 1,900 mile car? If you plan on driving and using the car there are better options. That car has been used little so what basic maintenance has ever been done. 11 yr old car...with little use.

Now if you plan on driving it very little and want the value to remain high then those low miles matter. Also red was the most produced color so it will never be worth as much as less produced colors.

If like many on here, you want to drive it and lot leave anything for the next guy, find a higher mile car and save a bunch of dough!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

50 BMG

Aug 3, 2005
AZ
If you want low miles you're going to pay for it (ex. the car on Ebay you referenced). If you plan on regularly driving a GT after purchase, I'd highly suggest patience while looking for a car with 20K miles or more on it. The prices will be well below $275K. 20K+ cars that were properly maintained are nothing to be afraid of in the GT world; plenty of members on this site with well over 20K mileage on their cars you can message for a testimonial.

Despite what most people say/think, there are still really good deals out there. My uncle picked up his second GT for ~$165,000 US 9 months ago. It's by no means top of the heap in the GT world (stock 3 option Canadian spec white car, 40K miles, had minor dash damage from previous owner gluing a nav system to it :thumbsdow ), but it was exactly what he was looking for in a second "driver" GT.

Additionally, if you know you want to have specific "big" mods on your GT, I'd highly suggest finding a car with some/most of the work already done. This will likely save you thousands of dollars, especially if they didn't retain the stock parts (negotiating ammo).

Last edited:

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
If you want low miles you're going to pay for it (ex. the car on Ebay you referenced). If you plan on regularly driving a GT after purchase, I'd highly suggest patience while looking for a car with 20K miles or more on it. The prices will be well below $275K. 20K+ cars that were properly maintained are nothing to be afraid of in the GT world; plenty of members on this site with well over 20K mileage on their cars you can message for a testimonial.

Despite what most people say/think, there are still really good deals out there. My uncle picked up his second GT for ~$165,000 US 9 months ago. It's by no means top of the heap in the GT world (stock 4 option Canadian spec white car, 40K miles, had minor dash damage from previous owner gluing a nav system to it :thumbsdow ), but it was exactly what he was looking for in a second "driver" GT.

Additionally, if you know you want to have specific "big" mods on your GT, I'd highly suggest finding a car with some/most of the work already done. This will likely save you thousands of dollars, especially if they didn't retain the stock parts (negotiating ammo).

Excellent advice!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RickH

GT Owner
Mar 5, 2015
Florida
That price is not out of line for the mileage it has on it. I would give a rough estimate that a 10,000 mile car would price around $250,000 right now. Maybe a 20,000 mile could be had for $225,000. These are my "guesstimates" from going to auctions and viewing auction results the last 5 years or so.

Enzo101

GT Owner
Aug 18, 2015
Clarksville, AR
I was looking for one between 10-15k miles but the one I stated is close to where I live and seemed kinda reasonable. I do plan on driving it but would rather not have one with a ton of miles on it.

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Just buy it....!

ajb (andy)

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
Although the reported steep decline in GT pricing may be overstated this is a time where there seems to be a period of prices not increasing. Chances are it wont last so if your serious now is the time to buy.

racelance

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 26, 2006
Carlisle, PA
My buddy purchased this GT today, fair to under market value in my opinion.

Cheers,

Lance

vyprgt2

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2005
CA

Cheers,

Lance

Looked to be a great car at a fine price. For what its worth, the only other red on eBay with similar miles has an asking price of almost 310K

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007

Cheers,

Lance

it is an interesting time to buy or sell a GT at the moment, with the impending arrival of the new car its just difficult to assess whats going to happen with the prices of the older generation.... they may flatten out at about 250K for average mile cars which would make this a good buy seeing the car has few miles on it or the could start to go up again with the interest surrounding the new car and they can surge back up which would make this a great deal, all in all I think your friend did well.

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Two old = One new. Witch way to go may be made dependent on garage space available.