Good Alignment shop in Houston?

jcthorne

GT Owner
Aug 30, 2011
Houston
Can any of the Houston guys recommend a good alignment shop for a GT in the area? Also would appreciate some input on recommended alignment settings front and rear for a more stable steering response.

Mine seems more than a bit 'twichy' above about 70 requiring constant correction. I do have the Bridgestone tires if that makes a difference in alignment recomenations. I have the factory specs in the service manual, are those what have proven to be the best in real use?

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
My suggestion would be to grab a tape measure and a buddy and check the toe yourself. It is most likely the cause for twitchy-ness and it is easy to adjust on the GT. Checking it is relatively easy.... and less scarey than taking the car to an alignment shop. If you can check it, I could write up the adjustment procedure and you'll be all set!

jcthorne

GT Owner
Aug 30, 2011
Houston
I think I can handle toe myself. Please post suggestions and proceedures recommended and I'll give it a go this weekend. You are right, much less scary than giving the car to someone else to work on!

Thanks for the help!