Going up to see this Creation !!

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Do you remember the Movie " Close encounters of the third kind" ? This thing is calling to me.:biggrin I'm going to leave the warm and sunny confines of S. Florida to see this marvelous Techno Art !! :banana:banana I'll be at the show all day Wed. the 21. If anyone is going to be there that day send me a PM..

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
Take 100s pics, esp interior and get # of booth babes for me

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
StormKitty, contact Indy GT.

topshot

GT Owner
Feb 6, 2012
Metro Detroit, MIchigan
I am going to make a trip to the show also.... wasn't going till this..

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Yeah but your trip isn't nearly as long as Brian's! :lol

So far Specracer from Mass, DoctorV8 from Houston, Matt from Florida, Brian from Florida...lots of people making one day trips to come see this thing.

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
I've never been to the Detroit Auto Show so I'm really looking forward to it. But I would probably never make the long journey unless it was for something special like the new GT!!

topshot

GT Owner
Feb 6, 2012
Metro Detroit, MIchigan
Yeah but your trip isn't nearly as long as Brian's! :lol

So far Specracer from Mass, DoctorV8 from Houston, Matt from Florida, Brian from Florida...lots of people making one day trips to come see this thing.

Could take 45 min to get there, depending on traffic,,,,, just the crowds that worry me, might not even be able to get close enough to see it...

junior

GT Owner
Mar 9, 2007
So Cal
You guys are lucky, get a group together if possible and reach out to Mr. Ford or the other guy :biggrin, and propose they change the name, since it looks nothing lke the '60s or current car :willy

CJ428

Farm GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 21, 2008
NJ
Dave can you find out if the car will be at any other shows like New York or DC.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Dave can you find out if the car will be at any other shows like New York or DC.

Question fired off.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Will someone try to get a high res pic (bring your camera with a telephoto) of the steering wheel? I can't read it to see if there is cruise control buttons.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Will someone try to get a high res pic (bring your camera with a telephoto) of the steering wheel? I can't read it to see if there is cruise control buttons.

Yes, it does have cruise control.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
wheel.jpg

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Yes, it does have cruise control.

Yeah!!!

Thanks for the close up of the controls. I see the cruise on the left. Is the function of the up/down/right/left the radio or is it "user assignable"? It seems to have no specific assignment.

I also see naked carbon fiber on the wheel and instrument panel shelf. Will they stay that way?

Someone said they saw a (ie. one) cup holder. In the walk around video I thought I saw something on the passenger side of the center console that looked like it might qualify. Right or wrong?

Now that you've got close up interior pics how about sneaking past security tonight and get some pics of the engine compartment? :)

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I'm assuming the u/d/l/r will control all vehicle functions through the LCD display. The Nav & Radio are Sync 3, which uses a touchscreen (below). They chose to use a very small screen to save weight.

The interior will be heavy on the naked CF. Weight, weight, weight. Alot of the CF paneling on the inside is the CF tub itself. Probably gonna be a little more available in terms of interior customization than last time, but that's not a high bar to clear.

LCD.jpg

A few additional buttons. Start, Hazard, lift, aero and LC.

buttons.jpg

No cupholders. Probably a joke. Hi-res passenger side shot here:

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7581/16269891656_84b6603dcf_o.jpg

davefordgt

GT Owner
Feb 10, 2006
I'm assuming the u/d/l/r will control all vehicle functions through the LCD display. The Nav & Radio are Sync 3, which uses a touchscreen (below). They chose to use a very small screen to save weight.

The interior will be heavy on the naked CF. Weight, weight, weight. Alot of the CF paneling on the inside is the CF tub itself. Probably gonna be a little more available in terms of interior customization than last time, but that's not a high bar to clear.

View attachment 37004

A few additional buttons. Start, Hazard, lift, aero and LC.

View attachment 37005

No cupholders. Probably a joke. Hi-res passenger side shot here:

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7581/16269891656_84b6603dcf_o.jpg

what material is the white on the dash and seats?

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
what material is the white on the dash and seats?

Tis leather.

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
How many suitcases can we fit in the trunk? :)

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
How many suitcases can we fit in the trunk? :)

Another opportunity to deviate from the FIA spec. It says 150 dm**3 and allows for some space behind the seats in their rear most position. The outside compartment has to take a "pilot case" of 45cm x 35cm x 20cm. Look for dimples :) At least they don't require a spare tire any more. Ever see the video of the guy in the pit bouncing the wheel from the Daytona Coupe?

fordification

Aug 9, 2005
Anybody know if any of the 3 will be making the canadian trip?