GM's Wagoner reeds to be removed...destroying America's greatest company"

AlohaGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 13, 2007
Honolulu, HI
Says General Manager, John Brooks, of San Francisco's Ellis Brooks Chevrolet. The dealership which has been here in San Francisco (I'm here for a few days) since 1939 will cease selling any more new GM cars after December 15.

John, who is the grandson of the company's founder, Ellis, in addition to his choice words for Wagoner said that business has been down as much as 70% this year and he'll now sell imports.

More distressing news on the front page of the SF Chronicle - Bay Area median home price has declined by 45% and nearly half of all homes sold were foreclosures.

I reckon my condo on the Las Vegas strip has probably plummeted by about that much but didn't figure the City by the Bay was quite so dire.

With all of this news, I should've just stayed in Hawaii.

On the bright side, off to the San Francisco Auto Show today. I know they've cranked down the hoopla but hopefully it'll still be uplifting.

Last edited:

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Lake Las Vegas, Henderson, NV
I hear you Aloha. In Vegas this weekend and as I walked my dog I saw a listing sheet for condo's in my development at LLV. :ack Curiousity is not always your friend. :lol

I guess the good news is that I will have a great place to stay in Vegas for quite some time to come. :wink

Hope the auto show was great. Heading to the Wynn tonight for a good meal and a show. That always lifts me up. :cheers

AlohaGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 13, 2007
Honolulu, HI
I hear you Aloha. In Vegas this weekend and as I walked my dog I saw a listing sheet for condo's in my development at LLV. :ack Curiousity is not always your friend. :lol

I guess the good news is that I will have a great place to stay in Vegas for quite some time to come. :wink

Hope the auto show was great. Heading to the Wynn tonight for a good meal and a show. That always lifts me up. :cheers

Coincidentally, skyrex, my wife just mentioned to me yesterday that she hasn't been showing me the resale prices in our building as they're "so low." Quite frankly, not really worried about it. Generally, in real estate, one loses money only when you sell too soon.

Hard to go wrong with dinner & show at the Wynn. Looking forward to Encore when they open. We had dinner last night at House of Prime Rib - it was packed as usual. Waiter shared with us that despite its remarkable popularity, they're down about 100 covers a night or ~17% from 600 to 500 on their big nights. Tonight it's Gary Danko - one benefit of this slow down is didn't have to make reservations weeks in advance.

Be back in Vegas next month. :thumbsup

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Heading to the Wynn tonight for a good meal and a show. That always lifts me up. :cheers

'Where ya goin' (not that it's enny of my dadgum bizznuzz)? Bartolotta's? Alex? Stratta?

Extreemy Envious Pockets

AlohaGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 13, 2007
Honolulu, HI
'Where ya goin' (not that it's enny of my dadgum bizznuzz)? Bartolotta's? Alex? Stratta?

Extreemy Envious Pockets

Daniel Boulud, SW Steakhouse...

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Daniel Boulud, SW Steakhouse...

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! :thumbsup:thumbsup

What about you, 'rex?

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Coincidentally, skyrex, my wife just mentioned to me yesterday that she hasn't been showing me the resale prices in our building as they're "so low." Quite frankly, not really worried about it. Generally, in real estate, one loses money only when you sell too soon.

Hard to go wrong with dinner & show at the Wynn. Looking forward to Encore when they open. We had dinner last night at House of Prime Rib - it was packed as usual. Waiter shared with us that despite its remarkable popularity, they're down about 100 covers a night or ~17% from 600 to 500 on their big nights. Tonight it's Gary Danko - one benefit of this slow down is didn't have to make reservations weeks in advance.

Be back in Vegas next month. :thumbsup

Kelvin!
We are leaving the City in minutes. We enjoyed Quince on Friday night and the Fifth Floor last night. Let us know when your in Vegas, we will be there to see grandpa who is in a SNF over Christmas.
Cheers,
daniel

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Speaking of Vegas... biz is really down. Several months ago we discovered Louis, and had two amazing dinners there. Then when we where back in town for Barrett Jackson the newspaper gave them a five star review.

Made a reservation there two weeks ago, called to increase it and got their answering machine. An hour before dinner, I realized they had not confirmed the increase of our party. Called and someone answered that they where closed for good. Very sad.

Had a nice meal at Rosemary's, one of the finest dinner houses in Vegas up in Sumerlin.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Pockets, have you tried Alex, I think the best restaurant in Vegas..??

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! :thumbsup:thumbsup

What about you, 'rex?

We went simple last night. There is a little chinese cafe that is great in New York, New York called Chin Chin's that we are fond of. Nothing exotic....just really great food. That and Coyote Ugly is upstairs and it is always fun to feed Mrs. 'Rex a couple too many and watch her dance on the bar. :lol

It was a fun filled evening last night. I love Vegas!! :thumbsup

AlohaGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 13, 2007
Honolulu, HI
Kelvin!
We are leaving the City in minutes. We enjoyed Quince on Friday night and the Fifth Floor last night. Let us know when your in Vegas, we will be there to see grandpa who is in a SNF over Christmas.
Cheers,
daniel

Aloha Daniel,

I remember you mentioning grandpa. My wife will soon commence building her SNF on Oahu. Perhaps grandpa will prefer Hawaii and you & the Missus can visit the islands more often!

We will be there during the week of December 14 - probably too early for you but we'd very much enjoy getting together with you & Lorna when our calendars coincide.

To sufficiently transition to the holiday spirit, we're then off to one of the premier resorts within our borders, Twin Farms in Vermont.

Ciao,

Kelvin

AlohaGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 13, 2007
Honolulu, HI
Speaking of Vegas... biz is really down. Several months ago we discovered Louis, and had two amazing dinners there. Then when we where back in town for Barrett Jackson the newspaper gave them a five star review.

Made a reservation there two weeks ago, called to increase it and got their answering machine. An hour before dinner, I realized they had not confirmed the increase of our party. Called and someone answered that they where closed for good. Very sad.

Had a nice meal at Rosemary's, one of the finest dinner houses in Vegas up in Sumerlin.

Wow, Louis Osteen's closed - very sad. Good choice with Michael & Wendy Jordan's Rosemary's. :thumbsup

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Kelvin,
Our ships will again pass in the dark... darn it.
Used to enjoy the Inn at Sawmill Farm. It has been way to long.
Tried to celebrate my birthday with the changing of the leaves, some years we would hit it perfectly, other years be to early or late.
Need to come back, but before the snow flies...
Cheers,
bony

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Wow, Louis Osteen's closed - very sad. Good choice with Michael & Wendy Jordan's Rosemary's. :thumbsup

Not to be believed, the center seems to do well. Last time we went to Louis, I wanted a MAKERS MARK MANHATTAN next door at the BLUE MARTINI and on a Thursday at about 7pm could not find a bar stool or table....
His casual place, Louis Fish Camp or whatever that was called is also finished. I would have thought with the reviews he was getting he would be set..

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008

Bony, you are not kidding about how things are here. I had a few things to do here in Vegas today and I saw so many signs that said "Bank Owned" while I was driving it was surreal.

However on a positive note we had a great time again at Le Reve to start the evening off last night. Champagne, strawberries and high dives. Always a good time. :thumbsup