Genaddi's answer to storage

Yogi

Photographer
Aug 28, 2006
Green Bay, WI
Hey guys, Mark really didnt' want me to put this up yet. But since there has been so much discussion about storage. I have to let the cat out of the bag. We are developing a trunk for your GT's. Let me explain, the clamshell will now be hinged at the firewall, and open in the opposite direction that it currently does. The release for it is electric and when you shut it there is no more slamming the clamshell. Now all you will have to do is bring it to where it clicks once and then it will draw itself shut. We tried to find a way to make this work for the current latching of the GT but, the draw systems are so large we didn't spend much time with it. But back to the trunk. When you stand at the back of the car there will be an electric button release on the right of the license plate lites. When the clamshell pops up about three inches you will be able to lift it with one finger exposing the engine compartment. By using a modified version of our chromemolley hidden bumper system that now supports the rear valance/tail section of the car replacing the three pencil braces on either side of the rear chassy and the upper structure that supports the hinges and gas springs that hold the current clamshell up. Additionally our exhaust silencer system is used replacing the current muffler. The airbox and air intake are now redesigned to sit just behind the throttle body. This will also incorporate new programing for the mass air sensor. This leaves a complete area behind the cross member that holds the mount for the transaxle. A carbon fiber insert becomes the trunk filling the space between the tail and the cross member. It has a rubber gasket between it and the clamshell creating a seal. Allowing enough room for a set of golf clubs and two soft bags of luggage, or a fine rifle or two if your from Texas. You can use that trigger finger to pull the clamshell back down into closed position making the trunk option completely undetectable from the outside of the car. Just like our B door option, as a matter of fact, Mark likes to call these the car saver options. Because far to many times your wife or girlfriends feel less than glamorous crawling in and out of the car in a tight parking spot, or had to carry luggage on their lap during a long trip. Eventually this will get old and they try and talk you out of taking your car on trips. Finally we allow you to always enjoy your time with the one you love, and your wife too.:cheers

isaakgt

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Wilder, Idaho
I am not hot on the idea of modifying my car but this sounds like something I would like to do. Have you come up with any figures yet? :wink

LEMANSZ

Gt Owner
Jan 11, 2006
SoCal
not my car

Yogi

Photographer
Aug 28, 2006
Green Bay, WI
I don't know if I explained it well enough, the car maintains its stock appearance from the outside and can be returned to stock easily. As far as the price, it will be a $12,000 option.

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
I don't know if I explained it well enough, the car maintains its stock appearance from the outside and can be returned to stock easily. As far as the price, it will be a $12,000 option.

I'm sure there will be a few that would like this option, but this turns the car into a grocery getter. I would think anything in that compartment would get hotter than hell, and then since you are cramming the engine compartment, wouldn't it be harder to dissipate the heat from the motor?

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Pictures???

Yogi

Photographer
Aug 28, 2006
Green Bay, WI
The trunk will be wrapped in a foil heatshielding similar to that of the MacLaren F1. We also remove the muffler and re route the exhaust a bit. You brought up a Good point Rocman, I don't know that I would put icecream in a GT, but it certainly would make getting the groceries more fun.

Aug 25, 2006
As I shared in another thread; I like the fact that options are being presented for folks that want their GT to perform as more than an "awesome" sport/race car however when I pull my gal in I pop the clamshell and as I do it reminds me of days gone past.

I think that sooner or later a new thread needs to be created to indicate the actual number of GT's as follows;

1. As received from the Ford Team; meaning no modifications
2. With sanctioned modifications meaning items considered during the original build such as short shifters, exhaust, subwoofer reloacation (HaHa) etc.
3. Those that have been converted to the TT setup
4. Those with a smaller pulley and or the Whipple supercharger
5. Those that have been modified to the point of no return such as having the top removed, Lambo doors, etc
6. Those that went the hard way; meaning wrecked in their early days

At this rate I would suspect that in the not to distant future there will be a very small number of the GT's as presented by the powers to be.

I think that twisting and tweaking is the nature of the beast when it comes to personal ownership of cool aka "Toy" cars and yet I always attempt to think far enough ahead when considering twisting and tweaking so as not to alter the character of the gal. All to often I see folks purchase a car and then attempt to make it into something that it was never intended to be and then at the end of the day saddeness sets in.

The GT will never be an easy gal to park next to another car, it will never be a car that one would do their family shopping in, it will never be an easy car to slip through traffic without being noticed. It will always be a fricken awesome car to look at, an awesome car to drive whether in OEM mechanical trim or with performance tweaks, and it will always be a car that garners attention.

So back to the alternate clamshell mounting system and the increased heated storage that the system will afford; I am sure that the system by design will be wonderful and yet at the end of the day it changes the gal's character too much for me.

All the best

Shadowman

Aug 25, 2006
The trunk will be wrapped in a foil heatshielding similar to that of the MacLaren F1. We also remove the muffler and re route the exhaust a bit. You brought up a Good point Rocman, I don't know that I would put icecream in a GT, but it certainly would make getting the groceries more fun.

Sadly even with radiant barrier materials this will only slow the process however the static temperature within the compartment will become the static temperature in this case because the heat source is within not being keep away from an outside source.

These are street approved race cars ........ "We do not need any stinking luggage space"....... only a place to toss my gloves.... LOL

Just kidding.... or am I

All the best

Shadowman

Dr Robert Harms

GT Owner
Nov 24, 2005
Carry Space in the rear of Mid Engine Cars

They worked so "well" in Countches and Panteras.

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
As I shared in another thread; I like the fact that options are being presented for folks that want their GT to perform as more than an "awesome" sport/race car however when I pull my gal in I pop the clamshell and as I do it reminds me of days gone past.

I think that sooner or later a new thread needs to be created to indicate the actual number of GT's as follows;

1. As received from the Ford Team; meaning no modifications
2. With sanctioned modifications meaning items considered during the original build such as short shifters, exhaust, subwoofer reloacation (HaHa) etc.
3. Those that have been converted to the TT setup
4. Those with a smaller pulley and or the Whipple supercharger
5. Those that have been modified to the point of no return such as having the top removed, Lambo doors, etc
6. Those that went the hard way; meaning wrecked in their early days

At this rate I would suspect that in the not to distant future there will be a very small number of the GT's as presented by the powers to be.

Shadowman

Your probably right on a lot of those points... Look at the muscle cars from the 60's out there .... I can here the color guy from speed during barrett-jackson talking about the "build sheet". At the end of the days it will probably be two or three categories broken down like this.

Investor/collector car --- never used but to practice waxing and detailing.
Driver ---- enjoyed on the street like every great car should be.
Racer ---- modified so much that its just a track car.

for me ... driver makes sense. Owning a car that is never driven is like dating a beautiful woman that you never touch or talk to. Just stare at ....... christ since I said it that way it makes collecting sound like stalking:rofl

Car Stalker ....... hmmmm ..... I know a few guys that would fit.

no offense to anyone just hit me as funny.
:biggrin

Aug 25, 2006
I agree with you as well

Sadly I am having a hard time migrating from the treating them as simply works of art and truly exercising them as I did many years ago.

I truly enjoy seeing the gals that are driven and chatting with the folks that drive them. There is no doubt that so much is lost or at the very least left on the proverbial table when they become garage queens and yet in saying this I understand why so many have and will.

For the person that finds driving pleasure in having the top removed I say “thumbs up” and for the team making this conversion possible I give them much credit. Now with the same team affording additional flexibility with these gals by creating storage for the likes of golf clubs or the sweetie’s loaded down over night bag once again I say “thumbs up” because at the end of the day these gals and the folks behind the wheel will likely exercise them more than many.

I do not think that at the end of the day the measurable difference will be seen between a true OEM and one that is well modified as long as the design and engineering is done in a manner so as to compliment rather than bastardize. I say this because of the actual number of these gals that will be available at any given time as the years roll by. They will always be part of a niche market for cool cars and in the same way that one elects to twist and tweak theirs another will be drawn to that process as such a secondary market will have been defined.

In closing I say; do what feels good and affords you great pleasure and then at the end of the day the $$ will not become a component of the conversation but rather one of the tools used to get there.

Takes care

Shadowman

05redrich

GT Owner
Feb 20, 2006
MA

You are going to hinge it at the firewall, and it will still be 'easily' returned to stock. Hmmm that should be a feet of eng. work. I would think you would need to drill some holes or something?

H

HHGT

How many Fedex Ground shipments will $12,000 buy you.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
How many Fedex Ground shipments will $12,000 buy you.

600 if each one cost $20 each. What does this have to do with this modification. :frown

We have a supporting sponsor offering a modification. Either this modification appeals to you and is a worthwhile expense or not. So far only one firm is designing special products for our GT. Lets treat them with the same respect and manner as any vendor would be treated that comes to your office wanting to earn your business.:biggrin ok?

Bony- aka as Ms Manners:lol

Aug 25, 2006
600 if each one cost $20 each. What does this have to do with this modification. :frown

We have a supporting sponsor offering a modification. Either this modification appeals to you and is a worthwhile expense or not. So far only one firm is designing special products for our GT. Lets treat them with the same respect and manner as any vendor would be treated that comes to your office wanting to earn your business.:biggrin ok?

Bony I agree as such I attempted to share my view point aka opinion (nothing more) and at the same time support personal choice. There is no doubt that there is a market for such twist and tweaks and from what I have seen the team developing these conversions is doing a stellar job.

I expect that as time goes by we will see many topless GT's as Ferrari and Lamborghini both know only too well that their rag top has great appeal.

As for the added storage space; I see this also as an appealing modification for the person that wants to have a bit more flexibility when considering which car to drive; whether my "Cup-O-Joe" or not has little bearing on whether it will be well received.

This forum is very well rounded as such the presenting of such items will always be met with mixed comments and yet this is a good thing and likely what they would expect. I for one am glad that Genaddi's came on board and that YOGI is willing to share their projects; very cool.

Takes care

Shadowman

Last edited:

californiacuda

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 21, 2005
Bump

H

HHGT

While I agree with you in the spirit of supporting vendors, I dissagree with the over-engineering of products. I spent 25 years of my life engaging in extreme engineering for the military, and have seen crazy and wild ideas. Good products catch on long before they are produced. This one I am not so sure about. This is merely my opinion with no disrespect intended. They have great products, some I would buy, this one is not for me.

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006

is it just me or was Bony happier showing us his "tits"??? :lol

come on Bony .... I have a string of beads for you,:rofl

well said though:thumbsup

californiacuda

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 21, 2005
When I first joined this forum, I asked about performance mods and I got 10-15 neg response.

Now there are many difference ways to tweak the Gt. So if you have an idea and the ass holes jump in quickly to to pound you down, don't worry about it, things change. Keep up the good work.