Votes: 18 25.0%

• Total voters

GEE-TEE

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 1, 2009
Calabasas, California
So far I only had faulty Boost guage. At that time I was using OEM flowChrger but had guage replaced by Kendall and have been on the Cooltech Flow Charger since. FIngers crossed!!!

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
Where are the multiple "NO" responses to all those questions?

4RD GT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 7, 2006
AZ
Took my GT to Ford Dealership today.....Boost gauge and Gas gauge not working.....battery dead, although only 2 weeks old. They ran all the diagnostics, ect....found nothing. They just said the gauges are bad. $521 for labor today for diagnostics, $1521 for 2 gauges, and about $600 to have the new gauges put in when they arrive. Wow! Those little gauges are expensive! Maybe Ford should "recall" these? what do you guys think?? Thanks.

paul b

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2006
Am I correct in thinking the problem seems to be gauges and not a computer problem or sending units or is it just a crap shoot ?

Nardo GT

Jul 15, 2006
Texas
Agreed, most guage issues I have had with my GTs were due to a low battery and were corrected once the battery was charged or replaced. However, on my daily driver GT with 24K miles and still on the orig battery, never charged ot tendered, just recently the tach stuck at 4K rpm. Stays there no matter car on or off. Battery is still working great though. I am thinking about swtching batteries with another GT just to see. i think Ford should take care of these guages if it is not a battery even on out of warranty cars. This is not a common occurence among other cars and especially should not happen on a $150K+ car even in five years.

alma45

GT Owner
Apr 21, 2008
Yes, always on a tricke charger (no FORD OEM).

alma45

GT Owner
Apr 21, 2008
same problem on mine (tach stop at 2500 rpm with or without engine running).

t32b

Verde
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 21, 2007
Bay Area, CA
...and just after having my voltmeter repaired, it would appear that my fuel gauge just bit the dust. It's pegged on 'full'. Out of warranty of course.

I keep her stored in the garage, on a BT charger for varying periods of time (1 week - 2 months w/o driving). I had a one-time problem with the gas gauge not registering right after a fill-up, but it corrected itself within hours. Now however I appear to have a dead voltmeter. Everything else is working fine. I've not yet examined the ground, but plan to.

FlagstaffGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
20k+ miles. Speedo sender unit replaced once under warranty. Several gauges temporarily non-responsive, including tach, speedometer, fuel gauge, ammeter, and boost, several times for all. Now I always turn on the key and wait till all gauges respond. Then hit starter button and make sure ammeter stays within limits. Original battery. Battery drained perhaps twice. Now keep her on the oem charger on the rare occasion I can't drive.

Last edited:

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
IMO, if the battery, even once, got drained to below 8 volts or so, it is time for a new one. Just not worth the risk. Batteries are cheap compared to gauges.

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
Keep it on oem charger always ....its got a 25 ft cord , fits over rubber door seal, saves guages, battery, $$

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
Recent experience?

gtforme

GT Owner
Apr 12, 2009
Yes, and I used the OEM Ford charger

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
Pls vote.

It still seems like a Gauge threads get 100 replies, 1000 views; yet, this poll stays at ~50, 2 yrs running.

The half-shalft had 100+s votes / reply counter.

IMHO If you want a speedy resolution you have to get above 58/4038 failure rate; either people are shy to vote OR failures are below <60.

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
Pls vote. IMHO If you want a speedy resolution you have to get above 58/4038 failure rate; either people are shy to vote OR failures are below <60.

I think one needs to look very closely at cars that have sustained multiple failures (having more than one failed gauge in a single car). e.g. failed amp, oil, et.al gauge and was replaced and it failed again. These, if there are any, would seem to be of the greatest significance and perhaps, shed a bit more light on the 'root cause'.

ViperJoe

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 17, 2006
Washington Crossing, PA
Pls vote.

It still seems like a Gauge threads get 100 replies, 1000 views; yet, this poll stays at ~50, 2 yrs running.

The half-shalft had 100+s votes / reply counter.

IMHO If you want a speedy resolution you have to get above 58/4038 failure rate; either people are shy to vote OR failures are below <60.
I'm sure many on this Forum have not voted, but even if they did what about those that never use this forum? How would we ever count them?

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
This forum was very effective in getting the half-shaft issue incidence count/failure sample documented & sent to Ford.

I find it hard to believe, that the same people who reply 127 times to a Gauge threads (16 and counting) cant vote, and allow us to get an accurate count to Ford.

With the bolts, the numbers were plain & simple.

I put up a new pole on front page; it it doesnt pass 50, its a small issue.

paul b

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2006
This forum was very effective in getting the half-shaft issue incidence count/failure sample documented & sent to Ford.

I find it hard to believe, that the same people who reply 127 times to a Gauge threads (16 and counting) cant vote, and allow us to get an accurate count to Ford.

With the bolts, the numbers were plain & simple.

small, but expensive

ViperJoe

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 17, 2006
Washington Crossing, PA
With all due respect, those that have experienced multiple (me) or even single failures might beg to differ!

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
With all due respect, those that have experienced multiple (me) or even single failures might beg to differ!

From an actuarial warranty incidence perspective, its small (58/4038).

From a personal perspective, its infuriating.

But, not getting an accurate count is worse.