Garage Door Opener

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
I'm already tired of my big old garage door opener stretching the front pocket on my drivers seat. So I thought about fixing that. One of the Porsche guys had previously done this and I think it'd work perfectly on the GT.

Flash to Pass Garage Door opener. http://www.pcars.us/viewalbum.php?a=182

Does anyone have a wiring diagram they can post of the headlight for the flash to pass?

Any comments as to if there should be any problems with this? I'm thinking this could be a winter project while my car is in hibernation. Your thoughts?

Pro V

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
You might want to take a look at the Chamberlain Remote controls. The Multi-Function Three-Button Mini Remote Control #956D is very small and attaches to your key chain. It is basically the same size as your remote for unlocking your doors.

http://www.clickerproducts.com/diy0...dels/0,1341,uid-eGt7a2VjaWhjZg==_2243,00.html

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
Not as much fun, but certainly easier!

JCE-GT

GT Owner
Nov 22, 2006
Mission Viejo, CA
Both ideas seem to be good, but there is another probably worth mentioning. Gentex has a line of Self Dimming (Electrochromic) Mirrors and there is a Homelink model that can control Garage Doors, as well as Private Entry Gates, etc. Their current Homelink offering does not include the Rear Camera function, but I have been told that it too will become available early next year. So as it turns out there are plenty of options to consider.

JCE-GT (Tungsten -0187)

Last edited:

metalman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 22, 2006
I'm already tired of my big old garage door opener stretching the front pocket on my drivers seat.

Pro V

Front Pocket???

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
Front Pocket???

There is an expandable mesh pocket right in front of both driver and passenger bottom bolster.

DanQ

GT Owner
Aug 18, 2005
Lake Zurich, IL
Both ideas seem to be good, but there is another probably worth mentioning. Gentex has a line of Self Dimming (Electrochromic) Mirrors and there is a Homelink model that can control Garage Doors, as well as Private Entry Gates, etc. Their current Homelink offering does not include the Rear Camera function, but I have been told that it too will become available early next year. So as it turns out there are plenty of options to consider.

JCE-GT (Tungsten -0187)

I've been looking at a mirror/homelink option, but the GT has map/interior lights built into the mirror, so you need a mirror/homelink/maplight option. One mirror I found was a gentex 50-GENK60. I don't think it is made anymore.

Another option is the 50-GENK42 It has homelink and mood lights, not sure if this is bright enough for our interiors.

Last edited:

AlohaGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 13, 2007
Honolulu, HI
I replaced my big old remote some time ago with a very compact sleek unit. There are a number of good ones on the market. I put it either in the center console storage compartment or in the passenger seat front mesh so as to not take up room on the driver's side.