Gallardo(in-car) vs. C6 Z06

dbk

Admin
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
http://videos.streetfire.net/Player.aspx?fileid=4E2BC9CD-4F4A-4061-84C8-245231177C4A&p=2

Pretty self-explanatory. This is the result I would expect, but that's a serious beat down considering the massive jump the camera car got. That silver thing is fast...very, very, fast...

:cheers

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Gallardo

Guys,
that is a truck to drive, trust me. I remember going with my 'touristic' Ferrari as I call it, the 360 spyder on the highway after a ferrari meeting direction Milan, and ran up to a Gallardo coupe. So he moved over, and I led the pack. We were in two (she was a light version of female though, but we had overnight luggage loaded too). He tried to keep up, but in midrevv accelerations consistently fell behind. :rofl As things go, we were soon doing 280km/h with us driving open, with traffic (at half the speed) that however jumped aside. But he couldn't keep up in the sprints. he seemed stressed, while we were giggling... :lol

I think the Gallardo has not enough effective torque, because it goes to all four wheels, so the pics against the viper don't surprise me much !

stefan

drive4fun

GT Owner
Sep 27, 2005
gallardo/360

Funny, I have driven the Gallardo (e-gear) and Stradale back to back on tracks on about four different occasions.-- I would note the Stradale is a fair bit faster than a stock 360, and I find the Gallardo has more useable torque and the four wheel drive puts in down on the track better. The stradale is lighter, a bit twitchy-er and perhaps a smidgeon faster, but I would put my money on a gallardo over a stock 360 any day (the spyder being the slowest 360).

ps: I would put the GT2 ahead of all three.....also have no axe to grind as I am on my second 360 and don't own a lambo...

Last edited:

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
lambo mambo

drive4fun said:
Funny, I have driven the Gallardo (e-gear) and Stradale back to back on tracks on about four different occasions.-- I would note the Stradale is a fair bit faster than a stock 360, and I find the Gallardo has more useable torque and the four wheel drive puts in down on the track better. The stradale is lighter, a bit twitchy-er and perhaps a smidgeon faster, but I would put my money on a gallardo over a stock 360 any day (the spyder being the slowest 360).

ps: I would put the GT2 ahead of all three.....also have no axe to grind as I am on my second 360 and don't own a lambo...

I agree with the comparison of the spyder vs stradale absolutely (my favorite car, still - after significant setup improvements). That's why I call my spyder my 'touristic' ferrari, it's not forcing itself so much on you as the stradale (just makes you drive always in attack mode, no way around it). The GT2 is fun to drive aswell, but I just prefer the Stradale, period.

While the Gallardo is defintely seeing advantages around the track due to extra traction out of the bends,
the situation described is THE standard driving game on the highway... so no tight turns to take, and as Idescribed, a lot of mid revv acceleration once traffic cleares.. I did not expect the Gallardo to be so weak then, a real surprise to us ! I've drive it myself, but you only notice car to car..

THAT must be THE Achilles heel of the four wheel drivetrain concept, by all logic, unfortunately you'll see yourself in this situation very often during regular street car use :eek
Just thought this to be relevant here to highlight, as THIS is often not noticed or even recognized when commenting the car and its drivetrain concept, and it is most likely THE ABSOLUTE area of Superiority of our GT, with it's massive torque across a wide range of revvs and powerfull backhand drive..

And we were sure MrGallardo must have been totally devastated then looking like that, vs the two passenger luggage loaded 'slowest' of the Ferraris, being even driven open-roofed..... :lol :lol We really marched off like he couldn't follow, that you can seriously believe me buddy.!

I am anxious to drive the marvellous GT in such classical push and pull situations full throttle over here.. But first need to bring the baby over from Florida, after a few outstanding mods and sufficient reliability confirmation miles that is...!

Can't wait to see such situation driving the blue devil GT here vs the bunch of Italian stallions of all colors..... kill, kill, kiill ! :banana

PS: Now even the Italian police is driving some Gallardos. if interested, I'll post some cool inside out pics I have...

Last edited:

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Stefan... your life sounds really tough and challenged. Girl friends who are one step away from being street children and can barely keep covered. Zipping arround in the Stradelle and setting up highway 'fellowship' opportunities.
Perhaps we should start the FIRST GT FORUM FUND DRIVE FOR STEFAN to underwrite and insure your continued exploits :banana :cheers :lol :cool :thumbsup :willy :rofl :biggrin :pop :bow

Jason Watt

Had both, sold both
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Copenhagen, Denmark
The Lambo-guy even floored it before the Corvette...:)