Funny and Exciting Story.

Lancer76

GT Owner
Jun 27, 2011
Hamilton Ontario
Good Evening,

So a couple of months ago I signed up with a tour of Multimatic with my fellow YPO chapter, which happens to be tomorrow (May 11th). As I was getting very excited for the tour (since I was a double reject and lost all hope of a NFGT) I received a call last Friday May 6th from Ford that I was awarded an allocation for a 2022 NFGT. Kinda cool that I get to tour the facility, before putting in my order by next weeks soft deadline. It will really help the decision making process seeing so many GT's at once with several different colour and trim options. Hopefully I can lean on the forum for many questions I may have, with so many active passionate owners available on this site.

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
Wow! That's awesome! Congrats! 👍😎

Johntpr

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 18, 2017
Rockland County, NY
I'm so jealous! I have tried so hard for an allocation.

Reactions: Joe Dozzo

Joe Dozzo

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2006
Canon City, CO
You lucky son-of-a-gun... We've been told - for years, on and off this Forum - ALL were allocated and that no option existed to get one if you weren't selected in one of the two lottery's.

I must have sent 50 e-mails to Ford over the years asking if new / unused allocation might become available and was always told "Thanks for your interest, but NO."

Congratulations - I hope you drive and enjoy the heck out of it!!!!

Last edited:

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Just fwiw, each market is going to naturally have some attrition for a variety of reasons that frees up units. People die, lose interest, lose money, chaos from one market to another (cars having to go from Canada to UK to EU during COVID), all kinds of stuff.

The unfortunate reality is that the integrity of the process by which those and any other cars that became available were subsequently distributed was significantly diminished starting in late 2018, which is obviously a real shame.

Last edited:

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
Got it, Dave! I have cash, I have a very flexible schedule, I'm willing to drive and display a NGT wherever and whenever Ford sees reasonable to ask of me. I've been thinking about retiring anyway; so what a retirement gig! ... There goes Jeff, heading off to another car show to display the NGT :)

Come on, Ford! Ya can't beat this offer! Let's work something out 🍻 (y)

Reactions: ScottK and Johntpr

partssmann

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 1, 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona
Congrats Lancer76, you got the call many of us Forum members had hoped to get. Enjoy the process of specifying your NGT and tell us what you decided on.

Reactions: extrap

Gary

GT Owner
May 11, 2006
Festus, Missouri
Just fwiw, each market is going to naturally have some attrition for a variety of reasons that frees up units. People die, lose interest, lose money, chaos from one market to another (cars having to go from Canada to UK to EU during COVID), all kinds of stuff.

The unfortunate reality is that the integrity of the process by which those and any other cars that became available were subsequently distributed was significantly diminished starting in late 2018, which is obviously a real shame.

Gary

GT Owner
May 11, 2006
Festus, Missouri
Please explain your comments in 2nd paragraph. They seem to cast a shadow over those who received later allocations.

Lancer76

GT Owner
Jun 27, 2011
Hamilton Ontario
What I was told is the only reason I received a allocation is that a unit that was suppose to go to Europe was cancelled due to the country’s new emission rules.

rnkma4

GT Owner
Jun 9, 2014
Santa Clarita
I received the call from Ford late last June, I actually thought it was spam, decided to answer because it was from Michigan and thought it could be about the Bronco I had ordered. I was told there was an open allocation available if i was still interested (no brainer). No explanation or back story was given. I had been emailing Ford every 4 or 5 months stating I was stating that I was still interested if something opened up.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Please explain your comments in 2nd paragraph. They seem to cast a shadow over those who received later allocations.

Wasn’t talking about the cars awarded in the actual allocation process. The key word there is “process.” For a long time, additional subsequent openings were not considered through any kind of legitimate process, which means a lot of die hards unfortunately wasted a lot of keystrokes in the US market. Eventually the clamps got put on.

w.a.nelson

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 29, 2008
Asbury, NJ and Bourne, MA
Congratulations!

Those are the kind of phone calls you will never forget.

Unrealistic that any allocation would work without some anomalies before all is said and done. I am sure there are many stories out there, some of which we will hear about, and some not.

Net result is that those that got one are elated, and those who didn't are some variation of devastated and/or angry about how it could be possible that they didn't get one; perhaps some justifiably.

All we can do is congratulate the recent recipients, and wish good luck to those who are still hopeful.

And then there is always the secondary market. They are certainly out there.

Gary

GT Owner
May 11, 2006
Festus, Missouri
Wasn’t talking about the cars awarded in the actual allocation process. The key word there is “process.” For a long time, additional subsequent openings were not considered through any kind of legitimate process, which means a lot of die hards unfortunately wasted a lot of keystrokes in the US market. Eventually the clamps got put on.
Thanks for clarifying.