Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Why two 4L when you could just use one of Whipple's 8.3L blowers. :lol

http://www.whipplesuperchargers.com/product.asp?ProdID=1231

Well, it wouldn't be a question of clearing the clamshell's glass, would it. We've seen 'custom bubbles' installed there before!

And there's lotsa room for a custom air box...

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Well, it wouldn't be a question of clearing the clamshell's glass, would it. We've seen 'custom bubbles' installed there before!

And there's lotsa room for a custom air box...

Yeah, but just think how outlandish that would look going down the road. Reminds of one those hotrods with a big roots sticking out of you hood, but only a mid-engine version. :lol

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
I'm just kidding. I was hoping Mullet would get more wound up. I know he likes being King of the Mile. Whipple did say that they don't think the 4.0L can make 1000whp on 93 oct but E85 should be able to produce 1100-1200. We will see... it's still at least a month out.

JAYGT

GT Owner
Nov 20, 2010
MIAMI
You guys are going to make me pull out one of my big blocks from my Scarab and drop it in the
GT. LOL :biggrin
2011-08-20_14.25.33.jpg

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
here is a pic of a 2.3L Whipple on my 503 CI BIG Block Chevy muscle boat motor. it only took 7 psi to make 700 HP and 800 tq on the dyno....

Attachments

• boat whipple.jpg
    boat whipple.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 939

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Summa you people just have faaaaaaaaar more neat toys than the law/society should allow! :rofl :thumbsup:thumbsup

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Brother Mark,

Build photos please! John is not big on taking a lot of pictures during an engine build but your project is of special interest here so perhaps you can bludgeon a few out of him. Keep the updates coming!

Chip

steved57

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
kilgore tx
I want to see pic's of JAYGT and Fast Freddie's boats, more than just the engines. Show em off guys !!

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Brother Mark,

Build photos please! John is not big on taking a lot of pictures during an engine build but your project is of special interest here so perhaps you can bludgeon a few out of him. Keep the updates coming!

Chip

I had this very discussion with him already. I want some close ups of the keyway. Every modification I have made on this car should have stressed the single keyway more and more. If it doesn't show signs of wear (with 32,000 miles), then I can't see this item being a "problem" for other folks just running a pulley & tune. I also asked him to check the timing on the cams to see how far out of spec SVT let this car go. I think that is the main contributing factor in the different horsepower numbers we see from car to car. I told John that I wanted to post all of that on the board so people could easily visualize what we have been talking about. He agreed it would be a good way to help folks "get it." Hopefully I will get a few pictures next week. The engine was supposed to be going to the machine shop for its make-over Friday (December 2nd).

I am ready to have my girl back!!

Last edited:

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
I had this very discussion with him already. I want some close ups of the keyway. Every modification I have made on this car should have stressed the single keyway more and more. If it doesn't show signs of wear (with 32,000 miles), then I can't see this item being a "problem" for other folks just running a pulley & tune. I also asked him to check the timing on the cams to see how far out of spec SVT let this car go. I think that is the main contributing factor in the different horsepower numbers we see from car to car. I told John that I wanted to post all of that on the board so people could easily visualize what we have been talking about. He agreed it would be a good way to help folks "get it." Hopefully I will get a few pictures next week. The engine was supposed to be going to the machine shop for its make-over Friday (December 2nd).

I am eager to see your updates with photos!

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
As discussed in other threads, I needed (wanted, what’s the difference) to have a dash plate made in Carbon Fiber. I found a local Areospace shop that likes to do car projects so they were happy to make the dash. Incidently, they were working on a SEMA project for the 2013 Mustang also.Here is the initial mold being prepared. Just thought you guys might enjoy a “behind the scenes” look at the process.Mold.jpg

Last edited:

steved57

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
kilgore tx
Hey Mark

Is Brad Sawyer the guy making the carbon fiber for you ?

Steve

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Hey Mark

Is Brad Sawyer the guy making the carbon fiber for you ?

Steve
No, the work is being done in Caddo Mills. That name sounds familiar tho. Is he a GT guy?

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona

Mark,

You and me both. Having completed my motor just before yours, John has given me his iron clad assurance that mine will be faster than yours!! :biggrin I hope to have #34 back in my garage before Christmas.

Cheers! :cheers

Chip

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Mark,

You and me both. Having completed my motor just before yours, John has given me his iron clad assurance that mine will be faster than yours!! :biggrin I hope to have #34 back in my garage before Christmas.

Cheers! :cheers

Chip

Are you putting Nitrous on yours too. Baller!

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
No, the work is being done in Caddo Mills. That name sounds familiar tho. Is he a GT guy?

The Historic Caddo Mills. :)

steved57

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
kilgore tx
Brad has Sawyer Composites in Ft Worth (www.sawyercomposite.com) and I believe does aerospace stuff but he is a motorsport guy as I know him from roadracing motorcycles and I beleive now is racing Spec Miata in SCCA. Take a look at his website and being a car guy he may be someone worth talking to for carbon fiber GT stuff, you never know.

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
I just spoke with John at Accufab. The cams on my motor were "ok" one side was off 7 degrees, the other was good. John and I were both surprised that the keyway on my car looked good. It did not show any signs of movement. The sprocket on the end of the main was jammed on pretty tight tho (in fact it is currently classified as "stuck"). They are working on that now. I'd like to have a few pictures to post (John promised to send a few). It helps me understand how all of these parts work together but I am assuming the sprocket that John is talking about is the one that fits over the keyway... thus a tight fit would help hold the key in place.

Another little trick we are going to do is run a separate oil line to the passenger side cam tensioner. The cam tensioners on this motor are hydraulically driven off of oil pressure. The drivers side getting pressure early in the feed cycle and the passenger side getting pressure after everything else. The result should be a more balanced cam chain tensioner... which leads to a more consistent tune from one bank to the other. Lots of really cool stuff if you're a gear-head.

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
I missed the Blue and White. She'll be ready to rock in her birthday suit in a few weeks... or months.

Attachments

• halfwrap.jpg
    halfwrap.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 782

MNJason

GT Owner
May 14, 2010
San Diego
I'll be in Frisco in early Jan. Let me know if it will be ready by then!