FRPP Power Upgrade package

canadiangt

Aug 2, 2006
Ontario Canada
I am thinking about installing Ford Racing's Power upgrade package which appears to be as simple as a pulley change and a tune using the supplied pro-cal.

Have any of you installed this setup? My fear is that I may lose the reliability or worse; cause some damage or reduce life on mechanical components.

I have installed the Ford Racing/Borla muffler which has been great but would like to take it an extra step further without any major mods.

Polito Ford out of Lindsay, On Canada has been servicing and looking after my car and their mechanic their is top notch and knows these cars inside out. I will have him perform the work but any insight is much appreciated. I am out of the country and I have not talked to him about this yet.

I have posted very little in the past but this forum is the first place I go if I have any questions. You guys have helped a great deal over the years.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Quite a few people have done this factory provided upgrade. Works fine, although the tune is supposed to be conservative. Do a search for more comments.

griffbl

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 8, 2006
Dallas, TX
Ford Tuning Package....

boy, do I love mine....Shelby installed mine, and the Ford Racing (Borla) exhaust.....not too wild, not too loud, just right.....Big power increase that you can feel, but, yes, it is conservative for others. Plenty for me though.

Cheers,

Griffbl

Aug 25, 2006
There is no doubt that it is a nice offering however......... IMO you would be better served with a pulley from me or ? and a tune from me or ?.

The single greatest advantage will be in the fact that the tune and operating variables can be manipulated for your gal and your driving style whereas the Ford Racing offering allows no personal adjusting.

So I say again; it is a nice package however .....

Takes care

Shadowman

Semperfi3069

Sep 26, 2008
Hendersonville, NC
I have installed three of the Motorsport kits with the Motorsport muffler. I did a before and after dyno run. Gain was 103 hp and 101 lbs ft torque from 2500 -6100 rpm.

For what it is worth, I really like the kit and do not think you will compromise reliability at all.

SemperFi

"A man is like steel, if he looses his temper, he looses his strength"