Front Storage compartment

asesso

GT Owner
Apr 1, 2016
Ocean City NJ
I have read on the site that the luggage area can get rather hot. I would like to store the OEM car cover and trickle charger in this area. Will the heat harm the cover or cover bag?
Thanks
Art

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
I keep mine in there never a problem. Don't put you stick deodorant in there it will melt, I know.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Won't hurt if you don't drive it.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Those things will be OK. On the other hand I wouldn't recommend putting a box of Hershey bars on a cross country trip.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
No liquid s or anything that will melt.The trunk can heat up tp 150 degrees.Thats according to Mark McGowan

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
No liquid s or anything that will melt.The trunk can heat up tp 150 degrees.Thats according to Mark McGowan

I think the video said something like "don't put anything in the trunk you won't want to melt because it will".

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
I do carry 3 spray wash bottles in mine (diluted car shampoo, distilled water, and 30% Vinegar/Water) and have never had a problem with them. However, I do carry them on the sides of the storage area. Any materials that can I might need that can go soft, such as assembly lube (for screw threads) etc., I double bag in Zyploks and place in my tool bag.

Don't put women's cosmetics in there - they will melt down.

I only use the compartment to transport materials for the car - tool bag, wash fluids, car cover, etc. - everything else goes in the passenger area.

NorthwoodGT

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2009
Michigan
ah ha! now I know why my Absolut is always so warm!

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Change over to Tito's Vodka and you won't have a problem, not even a head ache!