Front license plate holder

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Just for grins, has anybody installed the front license plate holder? I was looking at mine, and I certainly can't figure it out. I'm just worried that the first time I get caught speeding, John Law will hold it against me that it's not mounted. Is there a service note about this somewhere? Thanks for the help.

wonkawonka

GT Owner
Sep 12, 2005
Lebanon
Please don't insult us with this question. :biggrin

Docrug

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Mansfield, Tx
What self serving law enforcement officer would have the nerve to ticket you for no front plate! I have been stopped twice and they have never mentioned it. Both times they admitted they really just wanted to look at the car. One Tx. DPS officer ask me how fast it would go. Told him I wasn't sure because he stopped me, however I did offer to let him leave his patrol car on the side of the highway and he and I could go find out! He just laughed and said he didn't think the state would go for that... He even let my wife off with a warning for speeding. He clocked her @ 87 in a 65. She was behind me in her new C6 Vert trying to catch up to me, and she didn't have a front plate either.

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
See other thread on front plate from nj. its all said there :biggrin :thumbsup gtjoey

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005
way upstate NY
front license plate

i live in the "great" state of NY where front license plates are mandatory. My friend with a mini cooper has been ticked many times for no front license plate. I live near the Canadian border and since 9/11 the state trooper force has been tripled for "homeland security" They have nothing to do but give traffic tickets. It has become a real police state!! Needless to say I have not put the plate on. My friend also has a GT and he was stopped. He places the plate on the front dash. The description of how the plate should be mounted is a little vague . The car is low enough that on the front dash falls into the height requirement. And it is the front of the car when you take into acount where the engine is!! He was not ticketed. The cop probably used it as an excuse to pull him over and get a better look at the car!!

satx

Aug 25, 2005
Dana Point
fjpikul said:
Just for grins, has anybody installed the front license plate holder? I was looking at mine, and I certainly can't figure it out. I'm just worried that the first time I get caught speeding, John Law will hold it against me that it's not mounted. Is there a service note about this somewhere? Thanks for the help.

the ticket can't be THAT much.......just get used to paying them :thumbsup