GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 11, 2006
Coral Gables
Cricket noise

Cricket noise

Cricket noise

Cricket noise

I'm tired of waiting for the dealer to call, tomorrow, I'll drive up and take a look. :frown

ENZO BTR

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Southern California
I just got that same letter from Ford regarding customer service contact information and storage suggestions. I remember thinking "Hmmm, got the car August 23rd, but I guess better late then never..."

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
ENZO BTR said:
I just got that same letter from Ford regarding customer service contact information and storage suggestions. I remember thinking "Hmmm, got the car August 23rd, but I guess better late then never..."

I too bought mine in August and just now recieved the letter. They must have mailed them all out at the same time. They mentioned using the trickle charger for extended storage and I've read several mentions on this site about a charger that came with the car. I didn't get a charger so I called the number in the letter and the lady told me that the early cars (mine is #298) didn't get a charger. She is checking on getting one for me.

So far I'm very pleased with both my dealers service and the factorys attitude towards helping their GT owners.

abolfaz

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 11, 2006
Coral Gables
I MISS MY CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :frown

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Any update on when you think they'll have her fixed?

c_steve

Jan 21, 2006
Any idea what caused the failure??? Steve

GT703

GT Owner
Oct 17, 2005
Pennsylvania
ENZO BTR said:
ENZO BTR,

I didn't get the letter as I am not the original owner. Any chance that you could post the letter or the contact phone so I can try to see the factory recommendation for storage.

Thanks, GT 703

abolfaz

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 11, 2006
Coral Gables
UPDATE!

I got a call from the dealer late yesterday afternoon telling me that they had the car apart and the parts on the way. What I was told was that there are two bolts that hold the output shaft from falling out and that both of those bolts were sheared in half therefore causing my output shafts to fall out of the transaxle.

How the hell were these bolts sheared in half? They have no pressure on them, the torque is handled by the splines on the shafts not these bolts, so how did they break? Could they have just been loose and then broke? I have found several other bolts in my engine compartment that were hand tight within the first two days of ownership, but was hesitant about sharing that information with anybody because of the flak I'd been getting from friends and family about buying a ford. :ack

Has anybody else had problems like this?

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
GT703 said:
ENZO BTR,

I didn't get the letter as I am not the original owner. Any chance that you could post the letter or the contact phone so I can try to see the factory recommendation for storage.

Thanks, GT 703

I will be happy to fax it to you. I sent it forward to 3 people already and asked them to scan it and post it. Guess they are like me and no scanner.

satx

Aug 25, 2005
Dana Point
abolfaz said:
UPDATE!

I got a call from the dealer late yesterday afternoon telling me that they had the car apart and the parts on the way. What I was told was that there are two bolts that hold the output shaft from falling out and that both of those bolts were sheared in half therefore causing my output shafts to fall out of the transaxle.

How the hell were these bolts sheared in half? They have no pressure on them, the torque is handled by the splines on the shafts not these bolts, so how did they break? Could they have just been loose and then broke? I have found several other bolts in my engine compartment that were hand tight within the first two days of ownership, but was hesitant about sharing that information with anybody because of the flak I'd been getting from friends and family about buying a ford. :ack

sounds like your car missed a step during assembly. I'd have the tech at the dealer crawl all through it checking the torque specs.

Jason Watt

Had both, sold both
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Copenhagen, Denmark
The bolts have to have been loose to snap like that... No doubt

abolfaz said:
UPDATE!

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
sheared bolts

Absolutely agree, that is a factory assembly fault issue.. Let them show you and preserve the bolts, might come handy if Ford bucks on the guarantee work cover. I also had, as previously posted, a loose washer in the transmission tunnel making funny noises, they (Maroone) found the issue and resolved immediately. Since then, no issue. Ever. However I think it is a good suggestion to have all bolts controlled following this, and I would demand that this is done on factory expense aswell.

(They should) Just imagine this loose-bolt issue woulds have occured at any significant speed the car is capable of. Horrible RIP view for your wife and kids Mike, I'm sure :thumbsdow !

I think the boys at Maroone are FULLY on your side. I've had a few exchanges with Brian about giving you the Royal Treatment there. If nevertheless issues would eventually occur, just PM me !

ciao

Stefan

abolfaz

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 11, 2006
Coral Gables
satx said:
sounds like your car missed a step during assembly.

Oh, thats nice.

SLF360 said:
I think the boys at Maroone are FULLY on your side. I've had a few exchanges with Brian about giving you the Royal Treatment there. If nevertheless issues would eventually occur, just PM me !

ciao

Stefan

Thanks a million Stefan, they are first class all the way, at the very least I owe you a drink when you get back. I never dreamed that I would have that kind of treatment from a ford dealer, perhaps the folks at the Collection and Prestige Imports should take note...

ENZO BTR

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Southern California
bony said:
I will be happy to fax it to you. I sent it forward to 3 people already and asked them to scan it and post it. Guess they are like me and no scanner.

Thanks for faxing that bony. :thumbsup Yes, I am scanner-less (and I've been out of town since Friday -- just checking "the forum" during some downtime in my hotel room before having to meet up for dinner).

abolfaz

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 11, 2006
Coral Gables
UPDATE!!

Well, I made my way up to the dealer today to find my car sitting outside untouched, full of bird $hit. I was told the parts were ordered (two bolts?) and that I should have the car back on wed. How can they know whats wrong with the car without taking everything apart? How can they tell why the bolts snapped unless they have the axle out? Consider this was also a failure that neither they nor the factory had never seen before...

I was a little alarmed though at how hard the two service writers and the GM were trying to shove chrome bits, headers and a muffler down my throat. BTW why would I need to buy a billet aluminum gear shift nob? Isn't that what the car comes with?

Regardless, so far all is good with the dealer, if they can fix the car without taking everything apart and I get my car back faster, so be it.

abolfaz

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 11, 2006
Coral Gables
Oh, I forgot to mention, I MISS MY CAR! Stefan, your lucky I didn't jump in your car and took off!

abolfaz

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 11, 2006
Coral Gables
Wed. has come and gone and no car. The bolts are on back order still, my car has more bird $hit on it and the dealer is still trying to ram more BS up my ass! Is it too hard to understand that I don't want exhaust, headers, knobs, chrome parts or a short shifter when I can't drive my MF car!? :thumbsdow

Stop trying to sell me $hit I don't need and give me my car back!

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
abolfaz said:
Wed. has come and gone and no car. The bolts are on back order still, my car has more bird $hit on it and the dealer is still trying to ram more BS up my ass! Is it too hard to understand that I don't want exhaust, headers, knobs, chrome parts or a short shifter when I can't drive my MF car!? :thumbsdow

Stop trying to sell me $hit I don't need and give me my car back!

Since Stefan is away in Italy and his car is just sitting there with a cover on it why don't you "borrow" his bolts...he'll never know! :lol

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Florida Chris said:
Since Stefan is away in Italy and his car is just sitting there with a cover on it why don't you "borrow" his bolts...he'll never know! :lol
Chris,

stop giving diabolic advice to Mike here... :frown Otherwise, I'll take your wheels off next time (rather soon) I'll be there... Then you can change your name into Chris Wheelerless... :banana :banana

ciao

stefan

PS: I made some pressure today on Brian to get it on, and get the cars stored properly, and licking off the birdshit if there is any..

Last edited:

abolfaz

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 11, 2006
Coral Gables
Thanks Stefan, I'm getting the run around about the bolts. I can't see how these bolts are that hard to get. Regardless, the clock is ticking...