Found On Road Dead...

abolfaz

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 11, 2006
Coral Gables
Well, I called Brian at Maroone ford in Ft. Lauderdale, he seemed to know a lot about the cars so the GT is going to be on its way tomorrow.

Unfortunatly he has never heard of this transaxle failure either...

satx

Aug 25, 2005
Dana Point
abolfaz said:
Unfortunatly he has never heard of this transaxle failure either...

that's probably a good thing......wouldn't want to hear "yup, we've seen a bunch of that!".

abolfaz

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 11, 2006
Coral Gables
satx said:
that's probably a good thing......wouldn't want to hear "yup, we've seen a bunch of that!".

At least he might have been able to give me a reason, but everybody I've spoken to says "WTF?!" I spent a couple of hours with my lambo mechanic tonight and he couldn't believe the type of failure I had! :confused

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
Bony, would you mind faxing me that copy? Just put FAO Neil on the top...

+44 207 259 9310

Many thanks

Neil

barondw

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2005
Early car owners, meaning those with suspension recall, received a special telephone number and contact information, as standard operating procedure. It was a way to determine when the recall would be done and provided a number to call for problems and/or questions.

Dave

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Neilda said:
Bony, would you mind faxing me that copy? Just put FAO Neil on the top...

+44 207 259 9310

Many thanks

Neil

Please check your fax, it rings but no transmission signal. Ok? Cheers, daniel

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
Oh bugger - sorry Daniel, I've wasted your time. The number is +44 207 259 9301. Sorry mate - I hate it when someone goes to do you a favour and you give them the wrong info. It will be the first fax I've received in years too - everything's one email.

Ooops! Sorry again.

Forgiven?

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Neilda said:
Oh bugger - sorry Daniel, I've wasted your time. The number is +44 207 259 9301. Sorry mate - I hate it when someone goes to do you a favour and you give them the wrong info. It will be the first fax I've received in years too - everything's one email.

:biggrin No problems, the fax is on your machine. It is funny, the only thing that I get on my fax are junk faxes.

Hope to meet you at Goodwood in September. Cheers, daniel

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
Got it! Thanks Daniel - no great surprises on the fax but it's good to have the detail for the car file. I very much appreciated you taking the time to fax it to me.

DEFINITELY meet up at Goodwood - just let me have your trip detail when you know. I live quite close to Goodwood and you would be very welcome to come and stay with us if you wanted to/needed to, assuming that you don't mind drinking good wine and talking about cars and having my kids climb all over you.

I might drive down in the DBR2 - so bring some goggles!

Interesting on that fax (referring to earlier posts about poor dealer service) that the President of Ford Customer Service Division closes his letter to you saying that he wants to hear from GT owners about your dealership experience.....

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Thanks Neil, very kind of you. Goodwood is unparralled, period. General Racing - Steve Earle does a nice job with Lime Rock and Laguna Seca - Monterey Historics but they don't hold a candle to Lord March's events.

If you want to scan that letter and post it, be my guest. My scanner has been
out of service for some time.

Looking forward to sharing our hobby and a pint of bitter. :wink :cheers

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
....just remember to let me know when you get close to making your travel arrangements and we'll get together. You know that Goodwood is ticket only these days? So if you need me to get your tickets or act as a 'letter box' for them, just give me a yell.

Just to brag for a moment - I have driven at the Festival of Speed alongside Nick Mason from Pink Floyd. A seriously quick driver.

Brag button off.

Well, it's not often I get the chance to mention it!!

N

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Neil, Masson is amazing, his daughter pitched that slick looking AC around the course in great fashion at last years Revival. Masson is a good writer as well, I enjoy his column in Octaine. Goodwood is one of the most difficult track and requires a real driver, no place for beginners (like me).

Thanks for the help with the tickets. I get passes from Janet Bradley as I am a member of the working automotive press. Please no jibes on the spelling or wordmanship :biggrin

abolfaz

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 11, 2006
Coral Gables
The car got to Maroone in Ft. Lauderdale this afternoon. They are tempting me with upgrades (200hp+) that they say will not void the warranty....

dbtgt

One lucky SOB to own a GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 4, 2006
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Please keep us posted on what you find out and hope all goes well!

abolfaz

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 11, 2006
Coral Gables
dbtgt said:
Please keep us posted on what you find out and hope all goes well!

Thanks!

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
abolfaz said:
The car got to Maroone in Ft. Lauderdale this afternoon. They are tempting me with upgrades (200hp+) that they say will not void the warranty....

You should PM Stefan. I believe his GT is at Maroone being worked over with upgrades now, or will be shortly.

abolfaz

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 11, 2006
Coral Gables
Florida Chris said:
You should PM Stefan. I believe his GT is at Maroone being worked over with upgrades now, or will be shortly.

Yes Stefans car is there now sitting next to mine and the service advisor told me that Stefan has refered two other GT's that are on there way there as well. The dealer wont talk to me over the phone regarding the mods... :wink

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
abolfaz said:
Yes Stefans car is there now sitting next to mine and the service advisor told me that Stefan has refered two other GT's that are on there way there as well. The dealer wont talk to me over the phone regarding the mods... :wink

wise dealer, GWB and Chenney may be listening :biggrin :lol

abolfaz

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 11, 2006
Coral Gables
bony said:
wise dealer, GWB and Chenney may be listening :biggrin :lol

:lol :lol

Steve T

GT Owner
Sep 9, 2005
Texas
abolfaz - I just read what happened to your GT, scary. I hope they have it back to you soon. You might want to hold off on the upgrades until both rear wheels turn :biggrin