Found an old muffler in storage: worth anything?

Benny2006GT

Jul 15, 2021
San Luis obispo CA
Just went back to storage and happened to pick out the stock muffler for the car, looks like it's in good condition. I'm wondering if this is worth anything? I'd definitely be looking to sell it.

The Grey Ghost

GT Owner
Mar 13, 2009
Kansas City
Once in a while you'll see someone on here wanting to go back to stock.

I made a stand for mine, and it became a neat piece of art up on a ledge in my garage.

Reactions: roketman

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Once in a while you'll see someone on here wanting to go back to stock.

I made a stand for mine, and it became a neat piece of art up on a ledge in my garage.
Got a picture?

Reactions: extrap

mmlcobra

GT Owner
May 25, 2013
Hang it on the wall!
Best,
Mark

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
I was thinking I could use it for an anchor on a boat!

Reactions: RPM217

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
At 55 lbs or so, that would work!

The Grey Ghost

GT Owner
Mar 13, 2009
Kansas City
Got a picture?
No, but could get one this weekend.
Never considered taking a pic, because I can look at it anytime I go out to that building.:)

Benny2006GT

Jul 15, 2021
San Luis obispo CA
No, but could get one this weekend.
Never considered taking a pic, because I can look at it anytime I go out to that building.:)
I would actually also love to see a picture of that.

Reactions: extrap

The Grey Ghost

GT Owner
Mar 13, 2009
Kansas City
It's really nothing fancy. A crude stand to keep it from falling over, and sitting up in an unfinished part of the Garage.

Mechanical art to me, but no where near as fancy/classy as some of the stuff we see on here regularly.

NorthwoodGT

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2009
Michigan
probably a rare piece to have 25 years from now but they are a real pain to ship. we just shipped one to PR and it was as big as an engine by the time we got it wrapped really good to avoid damage. cost was stupid!

Reactions: analogdesigner

Benny2006GT

Jul 15, 2021
San Luis obispo CA
probably a rare piece to have 25 years from now but they are a real pain to ship. we just shipped one to PR and it was as big as an engine by the time we got it wrapped really good to avoid damage. cost was stupid!
Yeah the thing is gigantic and heavy! Unfortunately I can't have this thing sitting around so my best bet is to try to sell it. If you know anyone who's looking for one send them my way please. I'm willing to incur half the shipping cost if the buying price isn't too low.

DanielJ

GT Owner
Dec 21, 2010
Washington State
Plant Stand:

IMG_3621[1].JPG