Forget the 1/2 shafts, check this out! CF!

abolfaz

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 11, 2006
Coral Gables
If anymore CF splitters are being made I would like to be on the list. Thanks

We made one that goes under the front bumper, but it came out a little heavy. If we can get it under 10lbs it will be a reality, unless the guy building this stuff realizes what it really costs him to build these parts.:eek

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
We made one that goes under the front bumper, but it came out a little heavy. If we can get it under 10lbs it will be a reality, unless the guy building this stuff realizes what it really costs him to build these parts.:eek

Thanks, keep us posted!:thumbsup

HeritageBruce

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 13, 2006
Southern CA
Paypal sent for the exhaust surround. I'm also interested in the front splitter and a rear diffuser. Just a suggestion if anyone is doing the rear diffuser - radius the corner a little so the diffuser won't scrape as easily. This may affect lift at ultra high speeds, but if anyone were to run the Silver State, he can always put the stock diffuser back on.

abolfaz

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 11, 2006
Coral Gables
To do the rear diffuser I would have to take mine off and get molds made. IMO I think the front/side splitters, the diffuser and the exhaust surround should have been CF from the factory.

What do you guys think about replacing that ugly aluminum dash panel with CF?

HeritageBruce

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 13, 2006
Southern CA
To do the rear diffuser I would have to take mine off and get molds made. IMO I think the front/side splitters, the diffuser and the exhaust surround should have been CF from the factory.

I live next to Arcadia, where the CF surround is coming from and I have an new unused diffuser that I can loan to you to have a mold made, if you are interested.

abolfaz

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 11, 2006
Coral Gables
I live next to Arcadia, where the CF surround is coming from and I have an new unused diffuser that I can loan to you to have a mold made, if you are interested.

Let me look into that.

sharp33

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 19, 2006
Rochester, NY

That's what we need because we have to look at it all the time!:thumbsup

abolfaz

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 11, 2006
Coral Gables
That's what we need because we have to look at it all the time!:thumbsup

I'm on it!

Tungsgt

Mar 23, 2007
If it is not too late, I like the exhaust surround.

please let me know what to do next

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Also for those of you that asked, its a 10mm socket with ratchet to remove the bumper and about 10 phillips head screws to remove and re install the exhaust surround. I did it in about 1/2 an hour with the help of my 3 and 4 year old daughters. :thumbsup

Thought there were child labor laws in Fla:rofl

abolfaz

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 11, 2006
Coral Gables
Thought there were child labor laws in Fla:rofl

The GT actually belongs to my 3 year old. I just drive it for her.

D

dim

blah blah blah I'm a spammer.

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
Does "piss off" cover this? :thumbsdow

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
Any directions for the removal and reinstall of the CF exhaust surround?

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Any directions for the removal and reinstall of the CF exhaust surround?

Jerry - From an albofaz earlier post- he used child labor in Fla.

"Also for those of you that asked, its a 10mm socket with ratchet to remove the bumper and about 10 phillips head screws to remove and re install the exhaust surround. I did it in about 1/2 an hour with the help of my 3 and 4 year old daughters."

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Does "piss off" cover this? :thumbsdow

Neilda, you say so much in so few words!!!!!!!:biggrin

abolfaz

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 11, 2006
Coral Gables
I just want to give you guys an update, I'm trying to get the rear diffuser done right now as well as the dash. I should have pictures of the front diffuser shortly.

BTW has anyone figured out how a piece this nice is being built and shipped for so little? I've asked the guy making the parts several times and he swears he's even making a little money doing it! I wouldn't even look at touching something like this for less then $1k.

Last edited:

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
I just want to give you guys an update, I'm trying to get the rear diffuser done right now as well as the dash. I should have pictures of the front diffuser shortly.

BTW has anyone figured out how a piece this nice is being built and shipped for so little? I've asked the guy making the parts several times and he swears he's even making a little money doing it! I wouldn't even look at touching something like this for less then $1k.

Geeeze, stop asking that. Why don't you just send some e-mails to the newly elected congress and tell them your not sure how the can run this place on a mere 3 1/2 trillion a year.:rofl :lol

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
I was shocked that mine was not broken. It said fragile all over the box and it was smashed in top and bottom.

abolfaz

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 11, 2006
Coral Gables
I was shocked that mine was not broken. It said fragile all over the box and it was smashed in top and bottom.

Did we use enough bubble wrap?