Forged Aluminum/Titanium Wide Wheels-Pictures

richardhead

GT Owner
Sep 19, 2006
The first set of 13WX19D rears and 10WX18D fronts from this company on my car. Made by HRE, and each wheel contains $500 worth of lightweight titanium retention hardware. Running 345/30-19 rear and 275/35-18 front tires. This combination really fills the fender wells. No interference. Wheels look very close to original stock design. Also have the LTPWS and Tire temperature display system. Go to www.humagen.com . Click on Automotive Systems and then Ford GT Supercar. Scroll down.

Last edited:

ViperJoe

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 17, 2006
Washington Crossing, PA
Beautiful indeed, but for me (and I'm looking) they would need to be 19"/20". What's the price?

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
How much were they and what tires are you running to take advantage of the wider width?

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Like the pressure monitoring system, please post pics of the monitoring unit and how it is placed in the FGT. Are you a reseller?

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
There's an old post where Blue 1923 had these in the 19 & 20 sizes..
http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5664&highlight=Blue+1923+wheels

Last edited:

richardhead

GT Owner
Sep 19, 2006
Like the pressure monitoring system, please post pics of the monitoring unit and how it is placed in the FGT. Are you a reseller?

I volunteered my car for these folks to use while working out the design and materials spec with HRE. Also let them use the car for testing. They use the Hella radio frequency LTPWS setup with color display. It is small, and can be placed anywhere in the car. I think this is displayed on the Tire Rack site. The display unit is temporarily attached to a lighter plug-in unit and works great. They are experimenting with radio transmission module placement inside the car and an unobtrusive yet visible location for the separate information display unit...so this part of the project is still a little premature. These guys are fanatics on quality, design and testing. I'd upload some other pictures, but they are all 1+ megabytes in size and the posting algorithm for the forum won't accept them...unless you can provide other directions.

There was another comment in this thread on some photos of the 19/20 wheel combination from HRE, and those are on the site somewhere. The difference here is the widths of the front and rear wheels and the sizes of tires you can mount. Also, the 19/20 sizes pictured are not made with the titanium retention system. The folks at the Automotive Systems Engineering Division told me HRE initially would not make these, but then agreed to try a "development" set for the group to work with. To the best of my knowledge, the 18D-10W/19D-13W combination gives you tire choices which put a lot more rubber on the road than other sizes. Also, you can run the Viper Michelin Zero Pressure tires on these wheels, as well as the standard Viper non-runflat sizes.

This group is working on other very interesting convenience, cosmetic and functional additions for the car...however they have asked me not to comment on what I seen under development in their shop. None of the stuff requires any mods from stock for replacement/mounting, etc. I've volunteered my car to be the test mule for these also.

From what I understand, pricing information will be posted on their site shortly. The GT forum owners might consider contacting these folks via their e-mail info connection and see if they are interested in becoming a forum authorized vendor and offering some forum discounts. I don't know your policies on this...but I would think they'd be interested.

Last edited:

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
You can use a program to reduce the size of your pictures. Then you should be able to post them. Please keep us informed about your progress, sounds worthwhile.

Fyi, by design Dave has avoided chasing sponsors. We have some great ones that ad value to our forum, without taking it over. Many times a sponsor wants to get what they feel is maximum bang for their dollar and over take the forum with their posts. This is an owner's forum. Most of us owners buy subscriptions and that keeps the place going.

If you want to organize a group buy, I think there might be interest. I am running 19" and 20' Pilots, 275/35zr19 and 335/30zr20's which work well on Asanti's. When the rears go I will step up to the 345's, since as you pointed out, there is plenty of room.... bigger is more gooder :)

richardhead

GT Owner
Sep 19, 2006
You can use a program to reduce the size of your pictures. Then you should be able to post them. Please keep us informed about your progress, sounds worthwhile.

Fyi, by design Dave has avoided chasing sponsors. We have some great ones that ad value to our forum, without taking it over. Many times a sponsor wants to get what they feel is maximum bang for their dollar and over take the forum with their posts. This is an owner's forum. Most of us owners buy subscriptions and that keeps the place going.

If you want to organize a group buy, I think there might be interest. I am running 19" and 20' Pilots, 275/35zr19 and 335/30zr20's which work well on Asanti's. When the rears go I will step up to the 345's, since as you pointed out, there is plenty of room.... bigger is more gooder :)

Thanks for your very informative response on sponsorship. If you or "Dave" (I apologize I don't know everyone or the part they play on the GT Forum) could PM me some sponsorship information, for product marketing on the Forum, and contact data, I will be more than happy to forward to the Automotive Systems Engineering folks for their consideration. I will also ask about a group buy price program, but they did indicate since the wheels were a non-exclusive...even though they had suggested the build to HRE and done the R&D testing...that local HRE dealers might be less costly due to previously developed relationships and freight charges. However, one of the engineers said they would "drop ship", which would make freight the best for anyone regardless of location.

I have found these people to be very open with their test and engineering data once their project work has been completed. For example, they had no qualms about letting me know HRE would now produce these wheels for any HRE dealer and that the source of the LTPWS was Hella, and also available from any Hella dealer. This group of people seem to be true car folks at heart, and happy to unselfishly contribute to the betterment of any of the vehicles they research and design products for. They indicated their non-exclusive product development/research work still results in sales directed to them based upon the company's reputation for quality, value and service. They don't seem to do a lot of self-promotion, in fact they almost seem reclusive, but their philosophy must work. Anyway, so far I have been dutifully impressed with their thoroughness and attention to detail.

Last but not least, I'm not an expert on photo reduction, so any inexpensive and easy suggestions would be appreciated!

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Hello,
I will let DBK respond on the issue of sponsorships.
Perhaps some of the folks here can suggest a program to reduce pictures, I am looking for one as well for my Mac.
Cheers,
daniel

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
Hello,
I will let DBK respond on the issue of sponsorships.
Perhaps some of the folks here can suggest a program to reduce pictures, I am looking for one as well for my Mac.
Cheers,
daniel

Iphoto has a reduction feature in the newest upgrade.

S

cobrajeff

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 5, 2006
Daytona Beach
Photo Resizing

There is a very good program available as a FREE download from Microsoft for reducing the size of your digital images. It's called "Image Resizer", and is listed under "Power Toys" for Windows XP. Here is a link:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx

With this program, you can resize your pictures in any one of three different sizes. I always shoot my pictures at hi-resolution, so many of the pics are 2-3mb in size. Don't need that much resolution for many of them, so I resize them to "Large", which brings them in just a little over 100k each. The GOOD shots, I save to my computer at the original resolution, the less important ones, I save at "Large" size, and delete the original file to save space on my computer.

BTW, if any of you have become proficient with Windows Vista, I could use some help trying to regain control of my new laptop. I tried to copy 500+ GT pics from my desktop (Windows XP) computer to my new laptop (Vista). I had all of the pictures named and organized by VIN number - Windows Vista went and RENAMED every picture, number #001 thru #534! Now I can't tell which car is which - how do I take control of Vista and tell it NOT to organize my pictures? I just wanted to copy them - I DID NOT want to rename them (it did the same thing with 3,000+ Cobra pictures, too - aarrrrghhh!)

reagards,

Jeff

Piccola

GT aficionado
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 17, 2006
Grand Junction, CO
Another option for resizing images is IrfanView. You can download this free off the Internet. It allows you to resize images to any size. It also has multiple other options (ie, red eye reduction, color sharpness, allows cropping, rotation, etc). IrfanView is so easy to use, I now open all of my digital images through this program.