FordGTprices.com, 100% right, 50% of the time

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
The rest of the story:

The bad news: I bought a new 2006 GT, but sold it less than a year later, losing a bit on the sale.

The good news: I put that money in Apple stock, and still have it.

'Pretty much mirrors my own experience as well...except I sold mine about 2 years later for slightly more than I paid for it. 'Reinvested the proceeds into 2 stocks...one of which is now worth 7 times what I paid for it. The other is up about 40% and pays qtrly dividends. So, from a $$$ standpoint, I'm also ahead...even at today's GT prices...which, I guess, proves once again that dumb luck does triumph every now and then...a Godsend from which I've benefited on more than one occasion! :lol

:cheers

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
I had your website on my favorites and also followed it every few days. It seems a long time ago and then it was only a dream but it just goes to show what can happen.

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005
way upstate NY
I remember your posts and argued the GT would go up because primarily for reason # 2! I was also quite impressed with ford's effort that I also bought ford's stock when it went down to below 2! (Now15). Nice to be a winner on both accounts! I am also not convinced a new "GT" will hurt the values of ours. Unless they build greater than 5000 year after year like ferraris where there are updated versions every 4-5 years

GTJack

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 1, 2006
Saddlebrooke, MO
I followed your website faithfully and it helped me decide when to begin my search in earnest, resulting in the purchase of my car in Sept '06 for a good deal less than MSRP!! Thank you.

bret a ewing

GT Owner
Nov 29, 2006
Hi Paul,
Good to hear from you again. I followed your site religiously, and thanks for that. You took some of the wind out of our local dealers ADM. I remember arranging a purchase at MSRP due to the market research on your site.
Like you, I felt the prices would decline organically so naturally I didn't want to take a depreciation hit.

You were not the only one who misjudged the trend.................don't be so hard on yourself.:thumbsup

PILOTJPW1

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Maryland
Yep flashback.

Welcome back Punch.

We may enjoy your hard work again. Great memories of the drama!

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Paul
I followed and listened to your advice as well. I waited to buy based on your prediction I bought my GT in Nov of 2006 for sticker.
You really helped me out emotionally!What you gave me was the possibility of perhaps being able to actually buy and own a GT!
For this I thank you! I now have 39k on my GT!of course like everyone I wish I had bought two.
The real jackpot is the wonderful friends I have made because of this car and wonderful forum!
Did I thank you yet ? Well a very big thank you!
You may have to bring your site back for the new GT!
My best regards to you
Ron Aka Roketman
I always enjoy it when you post up again Paul. Plus 1 on the quote above and all the best.

Chip

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Is someone staging a come back? :)
I will gladly take a new Ford GT for MSRP (If a new one comes out)
Thanks for the compliment in reason #3